ADVERTISEMENT

Broward County Sheriff at Stoneman Douglas HS Suspended for....

when is this sheriff going to retire or is this sleeping officer another example of his amazing leadership?

when is this sheriff going to retire or is this sleeping officer another example of his amazing leadership?

This ex-New Yorker dude is an engrained Democratic Political Hack in a Liberal County...I would be shocked if he ever resigned (and not run for another political office), even though he has blood of dozens of stude ts that ended up getting shot on the 2nd and 3rd floors because if the inaction of his deputies.

Are they pushing the number of hours on the cops? The governor has required active police on-site. It wouldn't surprise me if they are being pushed to put in a lot of hours. That's what I'd like to know.

Meanwhile...a brave School Resource Officer in Maryland does his job...and maybe saved dozens of lives...all while challenging said 17 yr HS shooter in less than a minute.

Amazing and shocking differences between the 2 LEO and their departments.

Reactions: UCFBS
why has they main sheriff not resigned? the incompetence displayed by his organization is astounding. they need to be purged.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Can we stop blaming law enforcement, especially the lower fruit? If you want to get on political law enforcement heads, that's one thing. But let's just watch how much we throw the smaller guys under-the-bus.

Most of them are big time pro-2nd Amendment advocates, USCCA and NRA members, etc...

Can we stop blaming law enforcement, especially the lower fruit? If you want to get on political law enforcement heads, that's one thing. But let's just watch how much we throw the smaller guys under-the-bus.

Most of them are big time pro-2nd Amendment advocates, USCCA and NRA members, etc...
i support leos most of the time. that said, i think the governor needs to step in and remove the sheriff from office.

Only ones thrown under the bus was the resource officer who didn't do what he was trained to do...unlike the MD LEO who was a hero who stopped a school shooter in less than a minute that probably saved a lot more lives.

Sadky, kids on the 2ndand 3rd floor of that Broward HS were killed or wounded because the LEO didn't take on the shooter when he was on the first floor.

Only ones thrown under the bus was the resource officer who didn't do what he was trained to do...unlike the MD LEO who was a hero who stopped a school shooter in less than a minute that probably saved a lot more lives.

Sadky, kids on the 2ndand 3rd floor of that Broward HS were killed or wounded because the LEO didn't take on the shooter when he was on the first floor.
I don’t think that we ever got an answer on what exactly he was trained to do by the BCSO. Unless I missed it, the sheriff’s protocols for active shooters and the frequency of training his deputies have been conspicuously absent from the conversation. Sure, Israel said early on that Peterson should have killed the shooter, but that is an easy call to make after the fact when you’re on TV. I really want to see what was in place in his department on the day of the shooting. I find it hard to believe that a cowardly deputy would get on the radio and try to establish a perimeter simply because of his own cowardice. He might freeze but would he really actively tell other officers not to go in when he was frozen?

There’s more to that story that hasn’t been told and, unfortunately, we can’t count on our esteemed journalists to find the entire story and bring it out.

I don’t think that we ever got an answer on what exactly he was trained to do by the BCSO. Unless I missed it, the sheriff’s protocols for active shooters and the frequency of training his deputies have been conspicuously absent from the conversation. Sure, Israel said early on that Peterson should have killed the shooter, but that is an easy call to make after the fact when you’re on TV. I really want to see what was in place in his department on the day of the shooting. I find it hard to believe that a cowardly deputy would get on the radio and try to establish a perimeter simply because of his own cowardice. He might freeze but would he really actively tell other officers not to go in when he was frozen?

There’s more to that story that hasn’t been told and, unfortunately, we can’t count on our esteemed journalists to find the entire story and bring it out.
they released the video surveillance and the radio broadcast of the incident. feel free to look them up.

he knew exactly where the shooting was taking place and he stayed outside. the radio commander told him to stay outside. hell even with others showed up he told them to stay outside.

that is some amazing leadership on display right there...

Didn't that MD shooter kill himself?

I work with a product that is considered the most realistic non lethal training system in the world. It's the closest thing you get to live fire. You'd be amazed at how many police agencies simply check the box for having conducted realistic training scenarios. Or, have the SWAT and Tactical Teams go through it often but don't have the deputies.

You could easily train every SRO to respond to a shooter on their own campus with just a few days per month when the school is vacant. They could go over and over how to respond and know the ins and outs of the school.

Unfortunately the SRO position used to be where police agencies would dump guys who weren't up to street patrol or just wanted a "relaxing" job.

Reactions: UCFWayne

Didn't that MD shooter kill himself?

The MD Sheriff ran toward and encountered the shooter in less then a minute. Believe LEO got a shot off and or it's being investigated that shooter shot himself since he was caught so quickly.

Bottom line, that LEO's actions saved lives.

Reactions: UCFWayne
ADVERTISEMENT