ADVERTISEMENT

Bubba Wallace Noose Not Really A Noose

I think the important distinction to be made here is the difference between Noose, and a rope fashioned like one.

This was not a noose in the racial sense. Its a Handle Type Knot that ended up looking like one and got blown out of control.

In essence, it's a horrible coincidence. If that noose winds up in anyone other than Bubba's garage, it's probably cut off and thrown in the garbage.

In essence, it's a horrible coincidence. If that noose winds up in anyone other than Bubba's garage, it's probably cut off and thrown in the garbage.

No one faulted his crew for being taken aback by it not knowing that it's been there since October.

What's stupid is Bubba's own insistence and the punditry insistence that this is STILL somehow an actual racist incident and the mere existence of a rope shaped like a noose is racist, despite the fact that there's zero intent of racism behind it being there.

100% and the randomness and spacing of garages for the event happened to land Wallace on that garage. Which in a sense, Its not Bad that It was found and removed, Its bad How It got blown out of control without details. We went from Noose and hate crime to not a noose to noose but no intention

100% and the randomness and spacing of garages for the event happened to land Wallace on that garage. Which in a sense, Its not Bad that It was found and removed, Its bad How It got blown out of control without details. We went from Noose and hate crime to not a noose to noose but no intention

What if it was just a rope laying on the floor? I just want to know what the rules are here, because last week a black guy got in trouble for hanging ropes from trees and that was bad. This week there isn't a tree involved but there is a noose. The only common denominator is "a rope". When does it go from being benign to being a threat?

Yep somebody intentionally tied a noose at some point in that garage. Only one like it. It’s unfortunate Bubba Wallace was assigned that garage. Pretty clear an investigation was warranted but looks to just be a coincidence that at some point somebody tied a noose and another point the only Black NASCAR driver was assigned to that garage. Thank goodness.

What if it was just a rope laying on the floor? I just want to know what the rules are here, because last week a black guy got in trouble for hanging ropes from trees and that was bad. This week there isn't a tree involved but there is a noose. The only common denominator is "a rope". When does it go from being benign to being a threat?

I don’t know the rules anymore. I’m so lost

Yep somebody intentionally tied a noose at some point in that garage. Only one like it. It’s unfortunate Bubba Wallace was assigned that garage. Pretty clear an investigation was warranted but looks to just be a coincidence that at some point somebody tied a noose and another point the only Black NASCAR driver was assigned to that garage. Thank goodness.
If you had walked into that garage and saw it, would you have gone to authorities or the media?

If you had walked into that garage and saw it, would you have gone to authorities or the media?
If I was working for an African American driver I would be concerned with a noose hanging in the garage. If not, then probably not as concerned.

I may be wrong here but Emmet Till was shot in the head and thrown in a river, was he not?
Not exactly the lynching that Shuckster claimed it to be above.
You guys would flunk American Black History.

Emmett Till
Emmett Louis Till was a 14-year-old African American who was lynched in Mississippi in 1955, after being accused of offending a white woman in her family's grocery store. The brutality of his murder and the fact that his killers were acquitted drew attention to the long history of violent persecution of African Americans in the United States. Till posthumously became an icon of the civil rights movement.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Emmett_Till

The African American crew member who saw it decided to first check and see what the garage draw strings looked like on the other drivers' garage doors. When he saw that Bubba's was the only one fashioned into a noose, he stepped forward.

Last edited:
Reactions: hemightbejeremy

Emmett Till
Emmett Louis Till was a 14-year-old African American who was lynched in Mississippi in 1955, after being accused of offending a white woman in her family's grocery store. The brutality of his murder and the fact that his killers were acquitted drew attention to the long history of violent persecution of African Americans in the United States. Till posthumously became an icon of the civil rights movement.

Read that Wikipedia page. It says on It he was beaten and shot. Nowhere does It mention a noose.

I don’t know the rules anymore. I’m so lost
If someone attaches a racist sign or hangs a Bubba Watson action figure from it, then it's obvious the intent and the FBI would be arresting someone. If someone brings one in from outside and hangs it over his car, or if someone cuts it off the door pull and then lays it across Bubba's seat or his car, then it's probably an issue. If it's been there for a year or more, then it's just someone tying a knot in a rope and not an issue.

If it's obvious exercise equipment being used by a diverse spectrum of individuals and the only person who has a problem with it is a politician pandering for votes, then it's highly probably that the only racist in the picture is the politician.

Emmett Till

Can you ever admit to being wrong, or do you always just change the subject?

@DaShuckster

Four days later, at approximately 2:30 in the morning on August 28, 1955, Roy Bryant, Carolyn’s husband, and his half brother J.W. Milam kidnapped Till from Moses Wright’s home. They then beat the teenager brutally, dragged him to the bank of the Tallahatchie River, shot him in the head, tied him with barbed wire to a large metal fan and shoved his mutilated body into the water.

The African American crew member who saw it decided to first check and see what the garage draw strings looked like on the other drivers' garage doors. When he saw that Bubba's was the only one fashioned into a noose, he stepping forward.
Which is a reasonable reaction, given the circumstances.

Read that Wikipedia page. It says on It he was beaten and shot. Nowhere does It mention a noose.
Read the Wikipedia page. It also says he was lynched.

I'll be honest, I've always understood 'a lynching' to be a hanging but learned this afternoon that lynchings can take many forms. It's all about a group of White guys deciding to be judge, jury, and executioner regarding an accused Black guy. The death was most often by hanging but it could take many forms, including -- in Till's case -- beating and shooting a defenseless 14-year old.

I'll be honest, I've always understood 'a lynching' to be a hanging but learned this afternoon that lynchings can take many forms. It's all about a group of White guys deciding to be judge, jury, and executioner regarding an accused Black guy. The death was most often by hanging but it could take many forms, including -- in Till's case -- beating and shooting a defenseless 14-year old.
So no noose isn't always good noose?

Reactions: DAiello18
Anybody got any examples of "lynchings" that are less than 65 years old? Pretty sure nobody on this page is that old.

Yeah, Not all lynchings are hangings but It was the most common form of lynching. There were two black guys that apparently went with them to kill Till as well. That whole story is beyond F-cked up. But my point about Till was earlier you said he was hanged, I know many people think that since like you said, you hear Lynch and you think hanging

Technically you could make a case for the dipshits that chased down Ahmad Arbery as being a lynching.
I could go either way on that one. I dont think the intended goal initially was to kill him or have it be a public display, but it was a gang (loosely interpreted) and somebody died. White people find themselves in that same scenario and get killed but we don't call it a lynching.

What's disingenuous is having 15 FBI agents investigate and tell you that this rope was from October 2019, and still insisting that it was put there by a racist and intended for you.
How was Bubba Wallace (or his team) supposed to know it wasn't intended for him?

@DAiello18 seems to be the only person looking at this clearly, and not being a complete douchebag persecuted whiteboy.
Wallace's team went to the garage and saw a noose. Holy crap. That is royally screwed up! Especially given the current state of the USA and NASCAR.
Wow, it turned out it really wasn't directed towards him. Great. People are better than we thought. Whew!

Stop trying to look at this within hindsight to fit your racist narrative.

Reactions: DAiello18
I could go either way on that one. I dont think the intended goal initially was to kill him or have it be a public display, but it was a gang (loosely interpreted) and somebody died. White people find themselves in that same scenario and get killed but we don't call it a lynching.
You are an ignorant dildo.

Well. Turns out you were incorrect.

Which is why 6 posts above yours, I wrote:

If that 2nd picture is the legit one, then yup, that’s a noose. No problem at all with it being reported. If it was up since October or whenever the FBI said then it’s not something directed at Wallace but why would a garage rope be tied like that?

Anybody got any examples of "lynchings" that are less than 65 years old? Pretty sure nobody on this page is that old.
@goodknightfl

I still have a month of being under 65. don't rush me.
The loop was definatly tied as a noose. I think reporting it was fine.

Reactions: UCFKnightfan08
nOt rEaLly A nOose.

noosethumb.vadapt.767.high.83.jpg

That was VERY different.

The fleeing robbery suspect lunged at the citizen's arrester in an attempt to steal his gun and was accidently shot and killed during their struggle.*

So their intent was to go and murder the guy and record it for the whole world to see?

The fleeing robbery suspect lunged at the citizen's arrester in an attempt to steal his gun and was accidently shot and killed during their struggle.*
The most appalling part of my attempt at sarcasm is that this is exactly what the police officer said when he informed Arbury's mother of her son's death.

So their intent was to go and murder the guy and record it for the whole world to see?
Why in God's name did the McDaniels go after him with guns for crying out loud??!?

Trust me, if one of their dumbass buddies hadn't of filmed it all for the world to see, it would have gone down as just another 'legal, self-defense' lynching of a Black guy who was in the process of committing a perceived crime.

nOt rEaLly A nOose.

noosethumb.vadapt.767.high.83.jpg
that was a very different picture than what ive seen from twitter on several fans who went to races with pit passes of the exact same garage almost a year ago and of the garage a few days before. that picture looks more like a noose. the previous pictures look more like bowline knots.

i dont know when that picture was date stamped but the ones ive seen were. i think this is nascar trying to cover for themselves. otherwise they shouldve released that from the get go.

that was a very different picture than what ive seen from twitter on several fans who went to races with pit passes of the exact same garage almost a year ago and of the garage a few days before. that picture looks more like a noose. the previous pictures look more like bowline knots.

i dont know when that picture was date stamped but the ones ive seen were. i think this is nascar trying to cover for themselves. otherwise they shouldve released that from the get go.
I'm willing to bet that the "noose" that was tied wasn't an actual noose. A hangmans knot or "noose" is intended to cinch down under weight. That would mean anybody that grabs it would have their hand cinched into it and after several months of use it would have been impractical to the users because it would have come undone.

I'm willing to bet that the "noose" that was tied wasn't an actual noose. A hangmans knot or "noose" is intended to cinch down under weight. That would mean anybody that grabs it would have their hand cinched into it and after several months of use it would have been impractical to the users because it would have come undone.
i agree. there are plenty of knots that look like a noose. that picture definitely fits the description.

however that picture does not look like the other pictures i saw online with previous dates. maybe someone fashioned it more into a noose. maybe that photo was staged. the fbi said it was nothing. i dont know who to trust.

ADVERTISEMENT