ADVERTISEMENT

Buy season tickets at USF....

SCKnight

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Aug 28, 2001
And get a Grothe Bobblehead.

DfcYYpnX0AAmTEF.jpg:large

This is hysterical. Your gift is a bobble head of a guy arrested for felony battery who was relevant 11 years ago for what? Who are they marketing this to? WTF?

Last edited:
I wonder if it has a backwards Superman logo shaved into the back of his head.....

And get a Grothe Bobblehead.

DfcYYpnX0AAmTEF.jpg:large

This is hysterical. Your gift is a bobble head of a guy arrested for felony battery who was relevant 11 years ago for what? Who are they marketing this to? WTF?

Hard to fault them on this.....the guy led them to a conference championship, BCS bowl win, #10 final ranking, 3rd pick in the NFL draft, and took his team to a conference championship game.....

Wait, think I was thinking about somebody else....what has Grothe and USF done again? His only record is his criminal one

Hard to fault them on this.....the guy led them to a conference championship, BCS bowl win, #10 final ranking, 3rd pick in the NFL draft, and took his team to a conference championship game.....

Wait, think I was thinking about somebody else....what has Grothe and USF done again? His only record is his criminal one
Actually he did have that season where he took them to the peach bowl, won them a national championship in an undefeated season, and received heisman votes.... oh wait that’s someone else too

Reactions: Mikesi

Don’t forget the #2 ranking for a week before they completely melted down.

Really it is sad that 2007 Grothe is what they believe is a pinnacle of USF marketing. Freshmen at USF were 7 years old when he played there, and it is not like anyone outside of USF has any knowledge of him. So how will this increase ticket sales? Bringing back lost season ticket holders? I would think even Quentin Flowers would have been a better choice.

What would UCF's equivalent be? Daunte? Bortles? 24K? If Scott Frost were still here I could see him as a potential, but really, I am not sure that we would have one

What would UCF's equivalent be? Daunte? Bortles? 24K? If Scott Frost were still here I could see him as a potential, but really, I am not sure that we would have one

I could see all 3 you mention here as worthy. Hell, I would even buy a GOL fist pump bobble.

Even Shawn Jefferson has made more of a lasting impact on the pro game than anyone USF could come up with

Don’t forget the #2 ranking for a week before they completely melted down.

At this point, I don't even believe that actually happened. I think a Tampa paper got all excited about being #22 and just left off a 2

Reactions: Mikesi
At this point, I don't even believe that actually happened. I think a Tampa paper got all excited about being #22 and just left off a 2
That would never happen in this day and age.

Their accomplishments that put them that high probably wouldn’t have even put them in the top 10 in 2017.

I am a USF homer (6 season tickets, had them since 2006) but I have no use for such a thing. Even if it was Taggart or Strong I still wouldnt display it. Just not my thing.

Honestly, any adult USF fan having a new Grothe bobblehead 10 years after he graduated is absolutely pathetic.

ADVERTISEMENT