ADVERTISEMENT

Bye bye Riley

UCF0509

Four-Star Recruit
Apr 27, 2012
Was watching nebraskas loss against NIU (they have lots of fans in KC) and they were saying that Riley is good as gone and a lot of alums/big boosters like what frost has done at UCF. It was nice while it lasted...

Nebraska is not allowed to lose to nearby N. Illinois. It just never happens!

There is always a chance they reach out to Frost, but in reality Nebraska would have to be willing to accept three more years of bad play before he got his system cranked up enough to win in the B1G. I don't think they have that much patience.

Plus, Frost is only .500 in a conference that college football "power brokers" consider substandard. Hopefully that plays to our advantage.

Was watching nebraskas loss against NIU (they have lots of fans in KC) and they were saying that Riley is good as gone and a lot of alums/big boosters like what frost has done at UCF. It was nice while it lasted...
Just saying it happens, who would be at least a fair trade at HC?

Well NU fans adore everything frost so part of it is the desire to connect w past glory. But they also took notice of the 6 win improvement.

Let's treasure Dawkins and Frost as long as we can keep them, and hope they're our ticket to enough attendance and donor to wrangle a a P5 invite.

One thing's for sure. Nebraska donors will be watching UCF with even more attention than before.

Reactions: Mikesi
I don't think Frost has a body of work that is worthy of a call up to Nebraska, but who knows since they're so big on tradition and he's one of their golden boys. Our defense carried the team last year, and when you go 0-12 the year before, you can only go up so I don't think the turn around was that miraculous.

Reactions: Mikesi
I don't think Frost has a body of work that is worthy of a call up to Nebraska, but who knows since they're so big on tradition and he's one of their golden boys. Our defense carried the team last year, and when you go 0-12 the year before, you can only go up so I don't think the turn around was that miraculous.
He not gone! This is 2017. Nebraska isn't the Tom Osborne Nebraska and they may never be again. They may love Frost, but the chances that such an inexperienced, unproven coach with so much stacked against him can bring them to where they want to be spells most likely a major failure. Frost really needs to think about what he wants to run and what type of athletes that he can get to run it

Nebraska is years from beating the Ohio States and the Michigans even if everything goes perfectly. If you can't beat them, you're not going anywhere. Then there's Penn State

Last edited:
"One of their". He's the only one! Nebraska has some of the best talent it's had in a long while. It just needs their wonder boy to restore them to greatness. At least, that's what they'll see in him. Florida doesn't match his quiet demeanor.

He just got an extension, so he will probably coach all of 2017 and 2018.
Oregon is out. Nebraska is out for awhile. Frost has to beat 3 out of 4
Navy, Maryland, Memphis, and USF to even make any good P5 team take notice.

Unless we beat Maryland, Memphis and USF Frost wont be going anywhere.
which is why this media pushed g5-p5 divide the last few years is terrible for growing the fanbase. So either we slowly improve and delay it or the team is ahead of schedule but then we have to constantly hear about our coach leaving for the last 5 weeks of the season. That stuff effects attendance

which is why this media pushed g5-p5 divide the last few years is terrible for growing the fanbase. So either we slowly improve and delay it or the team is ahead of schedule but then we have to constantly hear about our coach leaving for the last 5 weeks of the season. That stuff effects attendance
You're exactly right. Bianchi all over Nebraska and the calling for Scott Frost this morning

Last edited:
Reactions: Poolside Knight
I'm actually shocked to read that Riley make 2.9 million a year and Frost makes 2.3 million I believe. That's not a huge difference.

Reactions: UCFhonors
What do you expect from a local media that drove out Shaq, got a UCF president fired, had no problems with years of Magic ownership bungling, and gives preference to UF coverage even when they're lousy and we were ranked?
If you think Shaq left because of the media...

I'm actually shocked to read that Riley make 2.9 million a year and Frost makes 2.3 million I believe. That's not a huge difference.

Frost with getting full bonuses is close to $2.3 million (adding his $300k raise). Riley with full bonuses is $3.7 million.

Nebraska hired Riley who had no Nebraska ties, and never had a season better than 4 losses at Oregon State. His last two seasons there was 7-6 and 5-7.

If you think Shaq left because of the media...
Even the Sentinel felt it necessary to apologize two decades later for their infamous "poll" (is he getting paid too much?) that dissed Shaq among his friends and family. He was definitely loyal to the area and fans (even returned after retiring), but no way he could stay after what the Slantinel pulled. Don't you remember???

You're exactly right. Bianchi all over Nebraska and the calling for Scott Frost this morning

and he's the same idiot that craps all over our fanbase by not having sellouts for CUSA OOC games. All those seasons of 'the geography is changing' but in the end nothing happening let the air out of that hope to be at the P5 table permanently & when the local media does this everytime a blue blood loses a game it doesn't help sell tickets.

Frost with getting full bonuses is close to $2.3 million (adding his $300k raise). Riley with full bonuses is $3.7 million.

Nebraska hired Riley who had no Nebraska ties, and never had a season better than 4 losses at Oregon State. His last two seasons there was 7-6 and 5-7.
And didn't they fire Pelini who was averaging like 9 wins a year?

Basically, most of the media really sucks. They create controversial topics to get listeners and have no morals. He's doing way more than just reporting.
Nebraska has played like 3 games and UCF one. Just a bit premature to be harping on this crap.

Once again, if Frost succeeds at UCF, he could be here for life and be a legend. We should eventually make P5 and he has a region in Florida that he can easily recruit for his system

In Nebraska, they want their glory days back and will only settle for the playoffs and national championships. Like 20 years ago.
Good luck with that and going up against Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan.

Even the Sentinel felt it necessary to apologize two decades later for their infamous "poll" (is he getting paid too much?) that dissed Shaq among his friends and family. He was definitely loyal to the area and fans (even returned after retiring), but no way he could stay after what the Slantinel pulled. Don't you remember???
The problem with the Orlando/ and The Magic

1.) Bad Ownership
2.) a local media with a small time mindset. Orlando is a big enough market where the Sentinel and others could stop acting like they are Finebaum in a small Alabama market.

The problem with the Orlando/ and The Magic

1.) Bad Ownership
2.) a local media with a small time mindset. Orlando is a big enough market where the Sentinel and others could stop acting like they are Finebaum in a small Alabama market.
Yet that media never dares criticize the owners. Wonder why? A handful of people such as the deVoses control Central Florida, it's politicians and media. That's the line. Never criticize these outside groups.

Once again, if Frost succeeds at UCF, he could be here for life and be a legend. We should eventually make P5 and he has a region in Florida that he can easily recruit for his system

Competitive people don't look to be legends on the lower level (G5 being an example). If he is successful he will get an offer that he will take. To say his Alma mater wouldn't matter to him, is odd. Every fan here bleeds black and gold because it is there school, and would choose UCF versus other situations that could be better. Yet, assume another person would not have loyalties to the place he grew up, went to school, and immediate family has lots of history with.

In Nebraska, they want their glory days back and will only settle for the playoffs and national championships. Like 20 years ago.
Good luck with that and going up against Ohio State, Penn State and Michigan.
the big question is will UCF ever become a P5 Program? I'd love to see this Program operate with an extra 20 mil a year in TV money

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT