ADVERTISEMENT

C. Richardson transferring to Texas A&M

Poolside Knight

Todd's Tiki Bar
Apr 2, 2007
but we don't need any skill players in this recruiting class right guys?(see recruiting thread arguments)

Heup not doing a good job keeping guys happy.

Reactions: hardcoreknight
You can tell by his recruiting/commitment flip flops that he is a superstar in his own mind who thought he could come in and start right away.

Problem is, when he did get a chance to play, he ran mostly upright and first contact would bring him down. I'm not worried. We have plenty of talent at RB.

For his own sake, hopefully he takes coaching better at whatever school he ends up.

Bentavious(red shirt) didn't either. what's your point?

I think Heup who calls more downhill running plays would have liked having a >200 pound RB on the roster
Ok so we have Thompson and Hamilton coming back who also didn’t play. Plus those that did. What’s your point?

Ok so we have Thompson and Hamilton coming back who also didn’t play. Plus those that did. What’s your point?
giphy.gif

Players can improve after their True Freshman season.

Wonder if he will go JUCO route. He flipped from Clemson to UCF due to grades I think. Most thought he would be a non-qualifier.

Reactions: 80'sKnight
He’s probably leaving because we have TOO MANY running backs. Ok.. now we are down to 7 so let’s panic and sign another 3-4
Perhaps he needs to transfer to the Nobraska board. We won’t make him sit out a year either
we don't have many RBs that run in between the tackles and if you look up Heup's offense I think he is going to call more North-South compared to the East-West than Frost did. I think Hamilton can but we know Killins is not reliable in that role on an every down basis. You and B&G seem to be fixated on me pointing out legit questions and there are UCF fans that mostly lurk that probably agree with me. I'll leave the board for a while and let you two be the loudest idiots in our fanbase.

Last edited:
we don't have many RBs that run in between the tackles and if you look up Heup's offense I think he is going to call more North-South compared to the East-West than Frost did. I think Hamilton can but we know Killins is not reliable in that role on an every down basis. You and B&G seem to fixated on me pointing out legit questions and there are UCF fans that mostly lurk that probably agree with me. I'll leave the board for a while and let you two be the loudest idiots in our fanbase.
We are fine at RB. We have plenty of size in BT and McGowen plus possibly 1 recruit.

We are losing guys because they are NGE and we are loaded. Other reasons as well that are about the player himself. There may be lurking fans who don’t agree with you as well

Stop being all butthurt and pulling a Stetson
Not everyone is going to agree with you 100% of the time, however, you have definitely shown a pro-Frost and anti-Heupel tone unnecessarily and prematurely IMO

we don't have many RBs that run in between the tackles and if you look up Heup's offense I think he is going to call more North-South compared to the East-West than Frost did. I think Hamilton can but we know Killins is not reliable in that role on an every down basis. You and B&G seem to be fixated on me pointing out legit questions and there are UCF fans that mostly lurk that probably agree with me. I'll leave the board for a while and let you two be the loudest idiots in our fanbase.

Unfortunately, count him as one who can't run in between the tackles. I was really anxious to see him, but except for 1 decent run (maybe a few more) there wasn't too much excitement. Now, if you want to say like above, Frosh can improve, well then others on the roster could improve too. Will miss the "big guy" thing, but 13-0 w/o him......

Maybe someone else will step up.

Reactions: Mikesi
CR had all the physical tools, and sure he may improve his running style, but Frost obviously saw something that he didn’t like and it’s not a 100% that he would improve enough this year to get the PT that he desires.
Maybe he wants to be the primary ball carrier and not just a short yardage guy. This offense spreads the wealth. How were his pass receiving skills? I don’t remember too many passes caught out of the backfield and certainly none downfield.

Goodbye. Remember that whole situation about signing him. We'll be fine.
Hopefully, he'll lose some weight and quicken up his step where ever he plays.

chicken-little-the-sky-is-falling-gif.gif

He couldn’t get on the field behind Killins and Anderson even after Hamilton went down and those guys aren’t graduating any time soon. We were running Killins on 4th and 1 plays. Something didn’t add up. I think he saw the writing on the wall.

Reactions: Mikesi and JAFFX2
1.) Yes he weighed 240, but that doesn't help you much between the tackles if 2 defenders get in the hole before you do. The speed of his first 3 steps at that weight was less than impressive.

2.) He seemed to be a malcontent, for ex.: when other RB's scored, mostly all other RBs celebrated and gave high fives to the one who scored. However, I never saw CR celebrate a TD except the one that CR scored. This is huge, as malcontents can lower morale, and it can spread like cancer.

3.) He didn't want to run straight ahead. He kept trying unsuccessfully to run east and west even when the play was obviously called as an up the middle play. He would get caught in the backfield trying to go around the defense. It's one thing to try that if you have the speed. It's just a wasted play if you don't.

4.) Frost commented on CR not willing to run straight ahead. Apparently, CR didn't heed this warning. It appears that he didn't follow instructions well and insisted on trying to be a 240 lb scat back. Defying the head coach can send you down a depth chart fast.

5.) We have a host of RBs who can run up the middle when the blocking is sound, and this year, with most OLs returning plus adding Boudreaux, the run blocking will be even better than last year.

6.) Jawon is back and Bentavious is added. Both are fast, agile and 190 - 200 lbs before off season conditioning, which will probably add 10 lbs to each. They will be effective running behind our line. So too will McCrae as a third option up the middle, as, even at 175 lbs, he knows how to hit and finesse the hole.

For these reasons, I don't think this transfer will hurt us at all.

Last edited:
yeah he sucks so much that Jimbo Fisher wants him ...

Perhaps he is better suited to and will do better in a pro style offense. It is obvious we had a need for a productive back with his skill set for short yardage situations and for some reason he just was not the guy.......

Perhaps he is better suited to and will do better in a pro style offense. It is obvious we had a need for a productive back with his skill set for short yardage situations and for some reason he just was not the guy.......
during Richardson's recruitment FSU had him #2 on their board behind Cam Akers

Nobody said he didn't have the physical tools. But that's just half of success. And nobody said that Jimbo doesn't accept malcontents and other attitude problems. Being a good fit for Jimbo is not proof that he was a good fit for our environment.

Reactions: Mikesi and JAFFX2
Can’t say it is surprising and nobody said the guy was a bad player. He had problems in Frosts offense as a true freshman. Don’t know if it was learning the playbook or jus ineffectiveness. The reason he ended up at UCF was because he was at risk for not qualifying academically. It turns out he was also buried on the depth chart behind true freshmen and sophomores. It’s a risk you take to sign a 4 star like that. If he isn’t playing he’s going to look for another situation. Now that he is academically eligible I’m sure other programs with RB openings will welcome him with open arms.

Reactions: KnightLife1
Not doing a good job keeping guys happy?

In his first month and a half on the job?

How many guys have transferred?
2 so far and hopefully that's it. We're not completely out of the woods til the Spring game is over & Summer sessions begin. I think Milton is solid but even he made the comment 'we'll see how spring practice goes' during Peach Bowl media sessions.

Nobody said he didn't have the physical tools. But that's just half of success. And nobody said that Jimbo doesn't accept malcontents and other attitude problems. Being a good fit for Jimbo is not proof that he was a good fit for our environment.
Exactly. Just because he’s goling to
Texas A & M and Jimbo recruited him and grabbed him now means just about nothing.
It says he has potential. We witnessed that he does, but he also could be a complete bust. Jimbo is taking a gamble, because he can. We all know that 100% of Jimbo recruits turn into superstars (Tongue in cheek). After a lifetime of top 5-10 classes, what was FSUs record this year?

Last edited:
Exactly. Just because he’s goling to
Texas A & M and Jimbo recruited him and grabbed him now means just about nothing.
It says he has potential. We witnessed that he does, but he also could be a complete bust. Jimbo is taking a gamble, because he can. We all know that 100% of Jimbo recruits turn into superstars (Tongue in cheek). After a lifetime of top 5-10 classes, what was FSUs record this year?
Not sure if true but I heard Jimbo had a drug problem. Needed to stay awake if you know what I mean. Plus FSU is out recruiting him right now. They are just as happy getting him as we are with the Ole Miss guy.

Not sure if true but I heard Jimbo had a drug problem. Needed to stay awake if you know what I mean. Plus FSU is out recruiting him right now. They are just as happy getting him as we are with the Ole Miss guy.

Definitely had a wife problem, sad and funny at the same time

during Richardson's recruitment FSU had him #2 on their board behind Cam Akers
Akers was #1 ranked RB recruit nationally, yes?

Yet on the field, I don't think he was Top 5 Freshman RB in 2017.

Obviously many things did not go well in Tallahassee last year. We'll see how 2018 goes in Tallahassee and College Station.

ADVERTISEMENT