ADVERTISEMENT

C. Richardson transferring to Texas A&M

How freaking killer is it that we are bickering over what amounts to too much depth? There was a time, in the not too distant past, where we would have scoffed at such a notion.

It sucks to lose talent but it'll be ok as long as Heupel can redistribute that depth to other positions. We'll see...

Exactly. Just because he’s goling to
Texas A & M and Jimbo recruited him and grabbed him now means just about nothing.
It says he has potential. We witnessed that he does, but he also could be a complete bust. Jimbo is taking a gamble, because he can. We all know that 100% of Jimbo recruits turn into superstars (Tongue in cheek). After a lifetime of top 5-10 classes, what was FSUs record this year?
Jimbo doesn't develop players. They come out the same way they go in, only with a bit more muscle. He wins games because he has more talent. That won't be the case as much at A&M.

There was a reason that CR did not play at all in the last 4 games or so. My guess is that it was an attitude problem. We had a team that was very cohesive and not super ego driven. UCF spreads the ball around and maybe that did not sit well with a back like CR. Who knows. I hate to see a talented player leave but I don't think it had anything to do with our new coaching staff.

He’s probably leaving because we have TOO MANY running backs. Ok.. now we are down to 7 so let’s panic and sign another 3-4
Perhaps he needs to transfer to the Nobraska board. We won’t make him sit out a year either
we don't have many RBs that run in between the tackles and if you look up Heup's offense I think he is going to call more North-South compared to the East-West than Frost did. I think Hamilton can but we know Killins is not reliable in that role on an every down basis. You and B&G seem to be fixated on me pointing out legit questions and there are UCF fans that mostly lurk that probably agree with me. I'll leave the board for a while and let you two be the loudest idiots in our fanbase.
Wrong, it’s you....

CR had fewer carries than Killins, Anderson, and McGowan. They all return next year along with a healthy Hamilton.

He was basically our 5th string RB. I wouldn't have been shocked if he transferred to an FCS school to get more playtime. Following Jimbo to A&M was a no brainer

4* staring at lack of playing time and with only 3 years of eligibility left and a redshirt to burn. No brainer to go with Jimbo. Jimbo also needs to pump up the rating of the TAMU recruiting class to appease their fans whether or not Richardson is going to be a solid RB or not. We have similar demands.

Not sure if true but I heard Jimbo had a drug problem. Needed to stay awake if you know what I mean. Plus FSU is out recruiting him right now. They are just as happy getting him as we are with the Ole Miss guy.
He looks like he aged 10 years in one season. Part of that is FSU partially recruits itself & Jimbo gave himself too much credit and the other part is Tom Herman is on a roll recruiting at Texas. Austin>College Station.

Akers was #1 ranked RB recruit nationally, yes?

Yet on the field, I don't think he was Top 5 Freshman RB in 2017.

Obviously many things did not go well in Tallahassee last year. We'll see how 2018 goes in Tallahassee and College Station.
Akers was pretty good for them playing behind a terrible Oline

And I guess I'm in the minority on this board that I don't label a player a bust bc limited contributions as a true freshman(look up the Milton posts on this board)I don't have the automatic reaction to say 'he was overrated anyway' whenever someone leaves through transfer or we don't get someone in recruiting. I think Richardson is a bigger loss than most realize that could have developed and flourished at a L.T. Murray size but agree to disagree....

He looks like he aged 10 years in one season. Part of that is FSU partially recruits itself & Jimbo gave himself too much credit and the other part is Tom Herman is on a roll recruiting at Texas. Austin>College Station.

Akers was pretty good for them playing behind a terrible Oline

And I guess I'm in the minority on this board that I don't label a player a bust bc limited contributions as a true freshman(look up the Milton posts on this board)I don't have the automatic reaction to say 'he was overrated anyway' whenever someone leaves through transfer or we don't get someone in recruiting. I think Richardson is a bigger loss than most realize that could have developed and flourished at a L.T. Murray size but agree to disagree....

I did not see that he was a bust, I think he saw that this system does not suit him or he refused to work within this system. He probably needed to go to a more conventional running back system. I don't think it is anything that the new coaching staff did

I don't think Richardson sucks at all or is a bust. But as a 4* i'm sure there was some ego involved that he wanted to be a feature back and put up bigger numbers. This isn't happening in this uptempo offense which requires constantly rotating in fresh players. The top rusher on the team averaged less than 10 attempts per game in 2017. It's hard to put up Bryce Love eye popping numbers when you are splitting carries with 5 other backs.

Opinions of CR as if he was to come in and perform one and done is ridiculous. He was a freshman. Some like Gabe and Otis will get the system immediately and others like Cordarrian may need a reminder of what kind of RB he is. I thought he needed another year. Still says something about him when Jimbo Fisher says he has a chance at ATM.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Opinions of CR as if he was to come in and perform one and done is ridiculous. He was a freshman. Some like Gabe and Otis will get the system immediately and others like Cordarrian may need a reminder of what kind of RB he is. I thought he needed another year. Still says something about him when Jimbo Fisher says he has a chance at ATM.
And Otis enrolled early last spring and got a full semester of College S&C + nutrition before the mayhem of fall semester. Some guys need longer to adjust and I don't think it's a coincidence how ready to play Otis was as a True Freshman when he got 8 months to ease into college on UCF's Campus before fall camp.

And Otis enrolled early last spring and got a full semester of College S&C + nutrition before the mayhem of fall semester. Some guys need longer to adjust and I don't think it's a coincidence how ready to play Otis was as a True Freshman when he got 8 months to ease into college on UCF's Campus before fall camp.
CR barely graduated high school. He was set up to succeed athletically and academically here.

The Aggie 247 article Art posted says he will stay at UCF through the end of Spring Semester so technically still time to change his mind for Heup & the coaching staff.

Perhaps he is better suited to and will do better in a pro style offense. It is obvious we had a need for a productive back with his skill set for short yardage situations and for some reason he just was not the guy.......
As GOL use to get on the backs to run north and south and NOT sideways, this was a big issue for him. Kevin Smith was a successful back when he learned to hit the hole and then break to the outside after getting past the line.

This is why I was looking forward to him going through a full off season with us. Hopefully, he'll get more pass protection training, running at the college level training and refine his body to be quicker.

Did CR come here because nobody else would commit to him because of acedemics? Maybe he thinks he can get to a bigger program now. We were a stepping stone.

There are only so many reps to go around. He has 4 guys ahead of him and in our system, he'd be limited to the short yardage back, assuming Heup doesnt subscribe to Frost's ideology of running 147 pound guys up the middle.

Did CR come here because nobody else would commit to him because of acedemics? Maybe he thinks he can get to a bigger program now. We were a stepping stone.
Everyone says it's easy for Saban to win with the talent he has, but I'm amazed that he's able to take 85 kids with CR sized egos and get them to play as a team.

Everyone says it's easy for Saban to win with the talent he has, but I'm amazed that he's able to take 85 kids with CR sized egos and get them to play as a team.
He tells them they will get to hoist a plastic ESPN trophy for second place the week after the national championship game.

You can tell by his recruiting/commitment flip flops that he is a superstar in his own mind who thought he could come in and start right away.

Problem is, when he did get a chance to play, he ran mostly upright and first contact would bring him down. I'm not worried. We have plenty of talent at RB.

For his own sake, hopefully he takes coaching better at whatever school he ends up.
You got this exactly right! He was SO upright and never found holes. Almost zero lateral movement!

Reactions: Mikesi
Dade County RBs get to eat

giphy.gif

How freaking killer is it that we are bickering over what amounts to too much depth? There was a time, in the not too distant past, where we would have scoffed at such a notion.

It sucks to lose talent but it'll be ok as long as Heupel can redistribute that depth to other positions. We'll see...

I say wait and see what Heupel does before we panic. Just way too early to be negative.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT