ADVERTISEMENT

California driver's licenses may get new gender option

I'm trying really hard to figure out why I should be outraged over what letter is on someone's drivers license. Can anyone help me out? It has been a while since I've had a good faux rage.

Also, wayne you are the world's shittiest libertarian

just wait until police are attempting to ID suspects at large and are unable to provide an actually useful gender or race to look for.

"We are searching for a Type B Nonbinary Entity last seen driving a red Durango"

I'm trying really hard to figure out why I should be outraged over what letter is on someone's drivers license. Can anyone help me out?
I'm naturally indecisive. When it was just M/F that was easy. My fear is the new choices will be tempting, like steampunk android or demonic mime? What then? I stand in line everyday for a new license? This must be stopped. I need to be saved from myself.

I'm trying really hard to figure out why I should be outraged over what letter is on someone's drivers license. Can anyone help me out? It has been a while since I've had a good faux rage.

I identify as a lion. It's weird though because I don't have a tail, fur or a mane.

Reactions: UCFWayne
I identify as a lion. It's weird though because I don't have a tail, fur or a mane.

Cool, I still don't give a shit.

I identify as an Attack Helicopter who has a sexual preference for lions. Want to grab drinks later?

sex is based on your dna, something that cannot be changed. this is a pointless exercise to make mentally ill people feel better when in reality its doing more harm than good. you dont tell an anorexic person that they are indeed fat and need to lose weight to fit their perceived self image.

there are host of things that relate to what is on your divers license. how will this affect insurance companies giving out policies is one example. this is a slippery slope that we are about to go down and I dont want to be apart of it.

Reactions: fabknight
sex is based on your dna, something that cannot be changed. .

This has been proven wrong many times, you willfully remain ignorant. One (of many) Source(s):

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3684380/

you dont tell an anorexic person that they are indeed fat and need to lose weight to fit their perceived self image.

Spectacularily terrible analogy.

there are host of things that relate to what is on your divers license. how will this affect insurance companies giving out policies is one example

Oh no, insurance companies will have to change how they give out policies. This is clearly an insurmountable problem and we must halt all progress as a society. There is absolutely no way they can write out insurance for these people. Shut down the roads. (Note: this is sarcasm since the last time I posted obvious hyperbole you all jumped down my throat thinking I posted something wrong).

this is a slippery slope that we are about to go down and I dont want to be apart of it.

Anytime a conservative says the term "slippery slope" you know they are out of ideas on how to justify opposing it, but don't want to admit it.

1. For over 99% of people in the world, you are either XX or XY and it cannot be changed. LOL at bringing in some garbage report on a fraction of a fraction of a percent into your argument.

2. Anorexic people have a distorted view of their body and who they are. they also have a high suicide rate. how is that not applicable?

3. I posted a real life problem adding a 3rd gender will cause. You didnt even bother to debunk it because you know its true.

4. The article also states they will be able to change their birth certificates. There are alot of government programs/grants/etc that are based on sex. This will cause more problems that it solves all because of some feelings.

If someone can show me an instance where a male born with a penis eventually turned into a woman with a vagina, without the usage of invasive mutilation and surgery, then I would sincerely like to see this.

If someone can show me an instance where a male born with a penis eventually turned into a woman with a vagina, without the usage of invasive mutilation and surgery, then I would sincerely like to see this.
women and men are 100% equal and the same. women have the same bone structure and density as men. women's hearts and lungs are the exact same size. women have the same muscle density as men.*

1. For over 99% of people in the world, you are either XX or XY and it cannot be changed. LOL at bringing in some garbage report on a fraction of a fraction of a percent into your argument.

2. Anorexic people have a distorted view of their body and who they are. they also have a high suicide rate. how is that not applicable?

3. I posted a real life problem adding a 3rd gender will cause. You didnt even bother to debunk it because you know its true.

4. The article also states they will be able to change their birth certificates. There are alot of government programs/grants/etc that are based on sex. This will cause more problems that it solves all because of some feelings.

1. 1% of the population of the world is 70 MILLION people. But fuk them because of your feelings, amirite?

2. Trans people have a high suicide rate because of backwards idiots.

3. If you think that was a real problem, I feel bad for you. Your life must be an impossibly difficult living hell. I'm fairly certain the free market can find a solution, maybe perhaps by modeling the driving records of trans people, and then giving them an appropriate insurance rate. You would know this if you were actually a libertarian.

Last edited:
Stop being such a science denier.

I literally just provided a link to you that shows how this happens. You acknowledged that it is true, but said it does not matter because it only affects a small percentage of people.

Why are you choosing to remain ignorant? It IS true that this happens to people, you have admitted it. It doesn't affect your life in any way meaningful and improves the QOL of others. And it's also true.

Last edited:
1. 1% of the population of the world is 70 MILLION people. But fuk them because of your feelings, amirite?

2. Trans people have a high suicide rate because of backwards idiots like yourself.

3. If you think that was a real problem, I feel bad for you. Your life must be an impossibly difficult living hell. I'm fairly certain the free market can find a solution. You would know this if you were actually a libertarian.
1. Trans people dont even make up a full percentage point. Its a fraction of a percentage. I thought you said you took some statistic classes at UCF.

2. I see you attack me instead of my argument. Believe it or not, I do care about these people. I just think they should deal with their problems in a different way than you.

3. Id rather have some market based solutions to alot of our countries problems vs alot of the programs that exist today. However that is not the current reality and this decision will have a lot of negative affects to social programs.

1. Trans people dont even make up a full percentage point. Its a fraction of a percentage. I thought you said you took some statistic classes at UCF.

2. I see you attack me instead of my argument. Believe it or not, I do care about these people. I just think they should deal with their problems in a different way than you.

3. Id rather have some market based solutions to alot of our countries problems vs alot of the programs that exist today. However that is not the current reality and this decision will have a lot of negative affects to social programs.

1. OK half a percent is 35 MILLION people. Man you are an amazing debater, you really showed me. 35 million people can go fuk themselves because of your feelings.

2. I edited my comment to remove the personal attack, I apologize. But you don't care about these people.

3. Bullshit. Plain and simple bullshit. This is not even remotely a problem for any company to deal with. The best excuse you can really come up with is insurance rates? Wow.

1. OK half a percent is 35 MILLION people. Man you are an amazing debater, you really showed me. 35 million people can go fuk themselves because of your feelings.

2. I edited my comment to remove the personal attack, I apologize. But you don't care about these people.

3. Bullshit. Plain and simple bullshit. This is not even remotely a problem for any company to deal with. The best excuse you can really come up with is insurance rates? Wow.

It's amazing that you're such a pompous asshole that you can declare "you don't care about these people" to someone you don't even know.

You get worse and worse every day

It's amazing that you're such a pompous asshole that you can declare "you don't care about these people" to someone you don't even know.

You get worse and worse every day

Look, I know you are pissed at me for embarrassing you, but you should really be used to that by now.

1. Its not even half of a percentage point. most estimates have it less than 0.3% and many have suggested that is likely inflated. I'll wait while you redo your math again.

2. I do care about human life. I wish that they would seek treatment to better understand themselves. Just like anorexic people they perceive their bodies differently and with treatment they can eventually come to have the proper body image.

3. admissions to colleges will also be affected. there will likely be affirmative action programs put in place to force companies to hire a percentage of employees. if there is a crime committed, sex definitely a big identifier, this will make that more difficult. Im not really interested in going through dozens of other reasonable issues this law would negatively affect just for you to ignore. it is silly to think this will have zero impact other than some trans people will suddenly have all their problems solved.

1. Its not even half of a percentage point. most estimates have it less than 0.3% and many have suggested that is likely inflated. I'll wait while you redo your math again.

2. I do care about human life. I wish that they would seek treatment to better understand themselves. Just like anorexic people they perceive their bodies differently and with treatment they can eventually come to have the proper body image.

3. admissions to colleges will also be affected. there will likely be affirmative action programs put in place to force companies to hire a percentage of employees. if there is a crime committed, sex definitely a big identifier, this will make that more difficult. Im not really interested in going through dozens of other reasonable issues this law would negatively affect just for you to ignore. it is silly to think this will have zero impact other than some trans people will suddenly have all their problems solved.

Congrats, .3% is 21 million people that do not have the correct categorization, all because your feelings would be hurt. I can not believe you think that is a valid reason. You are truly the most special of snowflakes.

Congrats, .3% is 21 million people that do not have the correct categorization, all because your feelings would be hurt. I can not believe you think that is a valid reason. You are truly the most special of snowflakes.
I literally gave a way I think that can help those people better their lives. If you hadnt noticed they have a 40% suicide attempt rate. Perhaps it might be a good idea to try a different method in dealing with their issues?

I literally gave a way I think that can help those people better their lives. If you hadnt noticed they have a 40% suicide attempt rate. Perhaps it might be a good idea to try a different method in dealing with their issues?

What better way to start helping them than to deny the correct sex on their drivers license. Make them pick a wrong one, that's a great start to fixing their situation. You should get a medal for how much you are trying to help!

I'm trying reaaaaaaal hard not to resort to insults, but at some point I'm going to run out of factually correct terms to describe your way of thinking (or lack thereof).

What better way to start helping them than to deny the correct sex on their drivers license. Make them pick a wrong one, that's a great start to fixing their situation. You should get a medal for how much you are trying to help!

I'm trying reaaaaaaal hard not to resort to insults, but at some point I'm going to run out of factually correct terms to describe your way of thinking (or lack thereof).
you dont tell an anorexic person they are fat and you dont tell a schizophrenic that the voices in their head are real.

I dont think transgenders are any different. they likely need alot of psychotherapy and meds.

you dont tell an anorexic person they are fat and you dont tell a schizophrenic that the voices in their head are real.

I dont think transgenders are any different. they likely need alot of psychotherapy and meds.

Well if you don't think they are different I guess that settles it. I'll go ahead and let all the doctors, psychiatrists, and other people with fancy letters at the end of their name who have studied this for decades know that UCFWayne has it figured out: He says it's pretty much the same thing as anorexia.

Well if you don't think they are different I guess that settles it. I'll go ahead and let all the doctors, psychiatrists, and other people with fancy letters at the end of their name who have studied this for decades know that UCFWayne has it figured out: He says it's pretty much the same thing as anorexia.

You do realize that the science is nowhere near conclusive regarding anything "transgender" related, yes? Researchers have come to agree that gender dysphoria is real and definitely exists, but beyond that there are still significant questions about what is actual causation and what is merely correlation.

Signs if GD are: hating your own genitals, isolationism, depression, anxiety, loneliness, etc etc You seem the problem there right? Most of those causes and "warning signs" of gender dysphoria could easily be associated with, or caused by, other conditions or stresses that have nothing to do with the sex that they were born with. There is research supporting the idea that people may actually develop a gender dysphoria as a coping mechanism resulting from anxiety and being isolated due to reasons totally unrelated to sex or gender.

In fact, gender dysphoria for years was classified itself as a mental disorder, but governments began realizing that this wasn't PC enough so they began using the term of "gender incongruence" to start dealing with people suffering from the general diagnosis of GD.

You do realize that the science is nowhere near conclusive regarding anything "transgender" related, yes? Researchers have come to agree that gender dysphoria is real and definitely exists, but beyond that there are still significant questions about what is actual causation and what is merely correlation.

Signs if GD are: hating your own genitals, isolationism, depression, anxiety, loneliness, etc etc You seem the problem there right? Most of those causes and "warning signs" of gender dysphoria could easily be associated with, or caused by, other conditions or stresses that have nothing to do with the sex that they were born with. There is research supporting the idea that people may actually develop a gender dysphoria as a coping mechanism resulting from anxiety and being isolated due to reasons totally unrelated to sex or gender.

In fact, gender dysphoria for years was classified itself as a mental disorder, but governments began realizing that this wasn't PC enough so they began using the term of "gender incongruence" to start dealing with people suffering from the general diagnosis of GD.

Hey being gay was classified as a mental disorder too, those damn PC people ruining America. When will it end?

Yea, not by scientists actually studying gay people. Nice try. Yawn.

Can we get a counter for how many times you post shit that is just plain wrong, I've lost count. Yes, contemporary scientist and psychiatrists up until the early 20th century labeled homosexuality as a mental disorder or degenerative sickness.

Amazon product ASIN 0615468594
http://www.sexchangeregret.com/

you should look up walt heyer. the science isnt settled. also more often than not, the sex change operations dont actually solve the problem and the suicide rate remains the same regardless. but hey, i dont care about these people...

http://www.sexchangeregret.com/

you should look up walt heyer. the science isnt settled. also more often than not, the sex change operations dont actually solve the problem and the suicide rate remains the same regardless. but hey, i dont care about these people...

Cool, glad we changed the subject to sex change operations. But if you want to get back on topic tell me how you care so much about these people that you "hate" them for trying to get their actual gender listed on their drivers license.

Can we get a counter for how many times you post shit that is just plain wrong, I've lost count. Yes, contemporary scientist and psychiatrists up until the early 20th century labeled homosexuality as a mental disorder or degenerative sickness.

Oh cool- the early 1900's. Awesome. Let me know when you want to bring the debate back to reality, and back to the current century.

Oh cool- the early 1900's. Awesome. Let me know when you want to bring the debate back to reality, and back to the current century.

WTF did you think I meant by the "was" in "Hey being gay was classified as a mental disorder". Are you just now learning that "was" means "past tense"?

Not to mention how can you not see that we are going through the exact same thing today with trans people that we went through less than a hundred years ago with homosexuals?!

Oh I'm trying to use logic and reason with 85, I guess that explains it. Carry on.

Cool, glad we changed the subject to sex change operations. But if you want to get back on topic tell me how you care so much about these people that you "hate" them for trying to get their actual gender listed on their drivers license.
completely false, drivers license designate sex, not gender. all this time transgender advocates have been stating they are 2 separate things, but now are trying to move the goal post. maybe they should move to add gender to the drivers license so that can be properly displayed instead.

WTF did you think I meant by the "was" in "Hey being gay was classified as a mental disorder". Are you just now learning that "was" means "past tense"?

Not to mention how can you not see that we are going through the exact same thing today with trans people that we went through less than a hundred years ago with homosexuals?!

Oh I'm trying to use logic and reason with 85, I guess that explains it. Carry on.

If you really can't understand the differences in the societal norms and approaches to science that exist between early 1900 research and research occurring today, then you're truly a lost cause and need to just refrain from further debate.

completely false, drivers license designate sex, not gender. all this time transgender advocates have been stating they are 2 separate things, but now are trying to move the goal post. maybe they should move to add gender to the drivers license so that can be properly displayed instead.

So for the .3% that are actually listing the wrong sex on their driver license because they display both male and female genitalia and/or sexual chimeras (you know, millions of people) can just **** off because it hurts your feelings? That's what we have decided is the best course of action.

If you really can't understand the differences in the societal norms and approaches to science that exist between early 1900 research and research occurring today, then you're truly a lost cause and need to just refrain from further debate.

I understand what is the same: backwards ass people putting their noses in something that affects them in no way whatsoever, and is scientifically wrong. MYOB and get over it, snowflake.

So for the .3% that are actually listing the wrong sex on their driver license because they display both male and female genitalia and/or sexual chimeras (you know, millions of people) can just **** off because it hurts your feelings? That's what we have decided is the best course of action.
at no point have i said they can phuck off. i have stated numerous times i want them to get help. i even went a step forward and recommended a path for their recovery.

Ive also stated this will cause problems for the government and it will likely cost a lot of money to implement these changes. I dont like tax dollars wasted like this.

all youve done is insult people left and right because they dont share your same views.

at no point have i said they can phuck off. i have stated numerous times i want them to get help. i even went a step forward and recommended a path for their recovery.

Ive also stated this will cause problems for the government and it will likely cost a lot of money to implement these changes. I dont like tax dollars wasted like this.

all youve done is insult people left and right because they dont share your same views.

By **** off I meant: not having the correct sex on their driver's license. I'm sorry for exaggerating but you are being incredibly difficult to reason with. The government can deal with the problems that come from having the correct sex listed on the drivers license. This isn't a "my view", it's the truth, and you've already admitted it.

I apologized for the one insult already, why don't you try calling out 85. Every other word out of his mouth is insult towards me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT