ADVERTISEMENT

California earthquakes

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
17 since Thursday that have been above 4.0 and 11 over 4.5. They are saying that the 7.1 that hit this morning may not even be the biggest one in this sequence by the time it's done. Pretty scary stuff going on out there right now.

Lived in North County San Diego for a few years and experienced several 5+ quakes but never a 6. Each number up represents 10 times the energy of the preceeding number. They have long worried about the potential for an 8 on the san andreas fault which would be catastrophic.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
Lived in North County San Diego for a few years and experienced several 5+ quakes but never a 6. Each number up represents 10 times the energy of the preceeding number. They have long worried about the potential for an 8 on the san andreas fault which would be catastrophic.
I lived in North County San Diego as well during the Northridge Earthquake. Felt it pretty good being so far away. Drove home in a slightly swaying road.

It feels like someone is at the end of your bed pushing and pulling it. You either have nightmares about it or feel it happening for weeks. Maybe they WERE aftershocks

Thing that is scary is that you are this tiny little ant on a massive continental plate that’s moving. The earth is moving. You have no idea when it will start, stop and how long or intense will it be.

Will a wall crack or collapse? Will your roof cave in? What was damaged? Will a gas line break? I wasn’t worried about personal items at all, but major structural damage.

saw this joke over the weekend, california is literally shaking because of its tds. lol

but seriously, i hope everyone over there is ok and is able to clean up all the damage and get back to life as normal as quickly as possible.

ADVERTISEMENT