ADVERTISEMENT

Can we all agree Trump is actually a Facist?

No. Instead of using the term fascist as a blanket pejorative, define it first and see if he fits the description. Not the lazy "Hitler was a fascist" bullshit that people love to throw around either. What makes a person a fascist?

No. Instead of using the term fascist as a blanket pejorative, define it first and see if he fits the description. Not the lazy "Hitler was a fascist" bullshit that people love to throw around either. What makes a person a fascist?
I’ve done this before and will again when I have time if you don’t know what a facist is. When I have time.

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
Yes. He is the fascist that allowed tech companies to censor him, media and television personalities to present him in whichever negative fashion they wish, online forums bashed him continuously, allowed months of riots, didn’t stops states from doing whatever they want with covid protocols, allowed political opposition to push the idea that he was in cahoots with Russia, etc...

Yes. He is the fascist that allowed tech companies to censor him, media and television personalities to present him in whichever negative fashion they wish, online forums bashed him continuously, allowed months of riots, didn’t stops states from doing whatever they want with covid protocols, allowed political opposition to push the idea that he was in cahoots with Russia, etc...
Worst. Dictator. Ever.

And yet people think he controlled their lives somehow. I wonder if that's because they let their obsession with him control their lives.

When are the people that disagree with him going to be executed? I’ll hang up and listen

Oh so he’s actually a pretty good guy and it’s everyone else’s fault. Hmmm where have I heard that before?

Reactions: ElprofesorJuan
Some of you people need to repeat junior high school

Definition of fascism
1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition

Oh so he’s actually a pretty good guy and it’s everyone else’s fault. Hmmm where have I heard that before?
Didn’t say that, only that he didn’t act in fascist ways. He didn’t suppress anyone’s speech or ideas, he didn’t force the country to kowtow to his will, nor did he wipeout his political opposition(in fact they grew larger and stronger). He is at worst a cult personality that exploited his followers into pressuring the senate. My view is that he is a below average IQ with an extreme ego and probably impotent, but not nearly charismatic, intelligent or dictatorial enough to be called a fascist no matter how hard his opponents tried to force that label on him.

I didnt get past the first paragraph:

On Friday afternoon, 48 hours after the U.S. Capitol was stormed by violent insurrectionistsencouraged by Donald Trump in an attempt to overthrow the government in protest of his election loss, a senior member of his administration spoke to me while he was driving to work.

C’mon, man.

Some of you people need to repeat junior high school

Definition of fascism
1 often capitalized : a political philosophy, movement, or regime (such as that of the Fascisti) that exalts nation and often race above the individual and that stands for a centralized autocratic government headed by a dictatorial leader, severe economic and social regimentation, and forcible suppression of opposition
Don't forget the strong connection to labor unions and the penalization of small businesses in favor of large ones that work hand in hand with political leaders. Of course we could also bring up the strong civilian policy enforcement bureau that is equally as well funded as the military. I can't remember who suggested that last one but I know it was the guy who was president from 2009-2017.

Don't forget the strong connection to labor unions and the penalization of small businesses in favor of large ones that work hand in hand with political leaders. Of course we could also bring up the strong civilian policy enforcement bureau that is equally as well funded as the military. I can't remember who suggested that last one but I know it was the guy who was president from 2009-2017.
When I think of Fascism, I think of Nazi Germany. I’ve been to the Holocaust museums in Washington DC and Jerusalem. Anyone who compares that to Trump (that’s what they are implying) is simply uneducated and needs to get out more

When I think of Fascism, I think of Nazi Germany. I’ve been to the Holocaust museums in Washington DC and Jerusalem. Anyone who compares that to Trump (that’s what they are implying) is simply uneducated and needs to get out more
That what most people equate it to, which makes it that much more appalling that they would compare anyone to a Fascist. Maybe when we have those death camps the comparison they are trying to make will be appropriate.

The truth is, fascism is both a political and an economic system and most, if not all countries share some tenets.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
That what most people equate it to, which makes it that much more appalling that they would compare anyone to a Fascist. Maybe when we have those death camps the comparison they are trying to make will be appropriate.

The truth is, fascism is both a political and an economic system and most, if not all countries share some tenets.
With Trump, you got the good and the bad of a “not presidential” president. Mixed in with a narcissistic personality. He’s too impulsive and doesn’t think before he acts. Maybe he doesn’t care or understand the consequences. He’s not a fascist and he’s not Hitler.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT