ADVERTISEMENT

Can you #metoo if you are a 17-year old boy?

I read this story and don't know what to think. On one hand, the law is the law and 17 is underage; so technically this is statutory rape.

That said, it seems a bit "convenient" that he filed suit against her right as she was coming out against Weinstein who allegedly violently raped her. It's almost like he knew that she'd have incentive to settle to not look like a hypocrite.

I duno. Taking selfies together in bed doesn't sound to me like he was doing anything that he didn't consent to.

BTW- talk about 2 of the most obscure actors. And gross that she banged him when playing his mother in a role.

Reactions: UCFWayne
This was Bourdains girlfriend too. I wonder if knowing his girlfriend was sued for statutory rape had any impact on his downward spiral.

This was Bourdains girlfriend too. I wonder if knowing his girlfriend was sued for statutory rape had any impact on his downward spiral.
yea i have a feeling knowing your gf cheated on you with some punk 17yr old kid might have contributed

yea i have a feeling knowing your gf cheated on you with some punk 17yr old kid might have contributed
The act happened in 2013 and Bourdain didn’t meet Argento until 2016. I’m sure they were dealing with the accusation and settlement though.

fair point. i dont really follow celebrities or their relationships
I don't except that I liked Bourdain's show and he had featured his previous wife in a somewhat recent episode so I had to look it up. Bourdain always seemed to me to be a tortured soul that was dearly searching the world for real experiences and genuine people. He professed his great love for Argento. It had to have been hard for him to reconcile her righteous attacks at Weinstein where she said he should be dead with her own skeleton in the closet. Is it a factor? Probably. In the people I know that have depression, everything is a factor.

I don't except that I liked Bourdain's show and he had featured his previous wife in a somewhat recent episode so I had to look it up. Bourdain always seemed to me to be a tortured soul that was dearly searching the world for real experiences and genuine people. He professed his great love for Argento. It had to have been hard for him to reconcile her righteous attacks at Weinstein where she said he should be dead with her own skeleton in the closet. Is it a factor? Probably. In the people I know that have depression, everything is a factor.
https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment...48c6a48c/ss_revelation:-anthony-bourdain.html

Rose McGowan has become the biggest hypocrite of the #metoo. She wants everyone to be "gentle" with Asia. LOL! Talk about a POS person...both of them.

When it comes to 17 year old boys, the movement should be for the unfortunate, 'non-victims' and be called: #Come on, Me Too--PRETTY PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

When it comes to 17 year old boys, the movement should be for the unfortunate, 'non-victims' and be called: #Come on, Me Too--PRETTY PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE!!!

so a boy can't be a victim of someone using power to force sex? The girl is pretty sick. She has been around this boy since he was 7 (like a true pedo). She is 37! The same girl was screaming and crying about #metoo. More like #shetoo.

Perhaps you should ask Asia Argento,— one of the most prominent activists of the #MeToo movement against sexual harassment— who recently settled a complaint filed against her by a young actor and musician who said she sexually assaulted him when he was 17, the New York Times reported.

https://www.nbcnews.com/pop-culture...ortedly-settled-sex-assault-complaint-n902106

She's come out now with the ol "blame the dead boyfriend" defense. She's claiming that settling was ONLY Bourdain's idea and that he bankrolled the entire thing, despite her not wanting to since she felt she was innocent.

What's interesting is that it was also disclosed that Bourdain's estate was only $1.2M. I would have expected more - maybe he spent most of it. It seems crazy then that he'd shell out a quarter of his entire estate to settle with this kid IF his girlfriend didn't even believe she was guilty.

Seems like a good example of the metoo movement going too far.

I really couldnt care less about the hypocrisy aspect of this story, because i think its overblown and just destroys the idea of holding actual predators accountable. This wasnt rape and it doesnt appear to be a person using their power over another for sex. Just a kid who banged an older woman. IMO, he should STFU about it and take responsibility for his own decisions.

She's come out now with the ol "blame the dead boyfriend" defense. She's claiming that settling was ONLY Bourdain's idea and that he bankrolled the entire thing, despite her not wanting to since she felt she was innocent.

What's interesting is that it was also disclosed that Bourdain's estate was only $1.2M. I would have expected more - maybe he spent most of it. It seems crazy then that he'd shell out a quarter of his entire estate to settle with this kid IF his girlfriend didn't even believe she was guilty.

You aren't insinuating that people in Hollywood just lie all the time to make themselves look better, are you?

Seems like a good example of the metoo movement going too far.

I really couldnt care less about the hypocrisy aspect of this story, because i think its overblown and just destroys the idea of holding actual predators accountable. This wasnt rape and it doesnt appear to be a person using their power over another for sex. Just a kid who banged an older woman. IMO, he should STFU about it and take responsibility for his own decisions.
this is how i feel about it. i just think its funny when the people screaming the loudest about this movement have skeletons in their closet.

this is how i feel about it. i just think its funny when the people screaming the loudest about this movement have skeletons in their closet.

These are the same people that get busted for cheating on their spouse and claim "sexual addiction" go to some Malibu based 30 day rehab and then claim they are cured.

Hollywood types will say or do anything to make people love them. They have brains the size of peanuts.

These are the same people that get busted for cheating on their spouse and claim "sexual addiction" go to some Malibu based 30 day rehab and then claim they are cured.

Hollywood types will say or do anything to make people love them. They have brains the size of peanuts.
and just like in the case of the male students sleeping with the hot teachers, i dont see a crime. i just find it odd a mid 30s woman would go after an under age boy like that and not have some kind of problem with it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT