ADVERTISEMENT

Castle Rock on Hulu

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
Holy crap- what an awesome series

It’s basically a horror/suspense series that is pieced together using bits of every Stephen King book or movie ever made.

I’m 4 episodes in and it’s already my favorite of the year in terms of new series

Has your overall experience with Hulu been decent? Did you keep the premium channels with dish/cable or get the big Hulu package? Curious.

Has your overall experience with Hulu been decent? Did you keep the premium channels with dish/cable or get the big Hulu package? Curious.

I almost dropped Hulu since the buffering was so terrible, but it seemingly got better and now it streams as well as Netflix. I have the basic package + no commercials but we kept Spectrum too mostly for sports. Hulu is great for keeping up on recent TV shows when I'm traveling.

Holy crap- what an awesome series

It’s basically a horror/suspense series that is pieced together using bits of every Stephen King book or movie ever made.

I’m 4 episodes in and it’s already my favorite of the year in terms of new series
The wife and I watched the first four episodes last weekend and we're hooked. It's really creepy.

If I were to make a complaint about it, I'd have to say that it's a little choppier than it needs to be. I understand that the choppiness is partly what creates a lot of the suspense but geez the first two episodes were really impossible to figure out wtf was going on. You learn a little more with every episode while at the same time figure out you may not be on the right track in trying to figure out what the hell is going on.

Reactions: bluechip12
What the hell did I just watch. That last episode went right off the rails.

Yea the woods/random guys was bizarre. Meanwhile I have no idea who or what that creepy ass kid is
I hope I’m wrong but this is starting to feel like an early M. Night Shyamalan flick where 80% is great and you’re into it then the ending feels like a total cop out.

Yea the woods/random guys was bizarre. Meanwhile I have no idea who or what that creepy ass kid is
Well, I think last week's episode trumped the woods/random guys episode. Ruth Deaver's dementia coupled with flashbacks/history really messed me up. It's like I have an idea what's happening but maybe not.

Any recommendations on a good comedy or drama? The wife and I are looking for something new to get into.

Well, I think last week's episode trumped the woods/random guys episode. Ruth Deaver's dementia coupled with flashbacks/history really messed me up. It's like I have an idea what's happening but maybe not.

I watched the Ruth Deaver episode and came away wondering what I just watched. It was interesting and ultimately tragic but I still have no real idea how that episode plays into the series or what I was supposed to take from it. Aside from her being nuts and me still wondering who the creepy antichrist kid is.

I watched the Ruth Deaver episode and came away wondering what I just watched. It was interesting and ultimately tragic but I still have no real idea how that episode plays into the series or what I was supposed to take from it. Aside from her being nuts and me still wondering who the creepy antichrist kid is.
The creepy antichrist kid is the devil. He's ageless. I'm guessing he embodies her dead husband. Ultimately, I have no freaking idea where this is heading but I suppose we'll start figuring it out as the writer's give us more and more history on the town and characters.

If Alan Pangborn is truly dead (and I'm not convinced he is), I'll be disappointed. He seemed to be one of the few that could allow for connecting the past with the current.

My wife is watching it and I find it very boring.

It's a decent series but it's not like you're not going to be in stitches over it by any stretch.

Now, the show Catastrophe on Prime--I find that to be one of the funniest I have ever seen. It's outstanding.

Reactions: bluechip12
The creepy antichrist kid is the devil. He's ageless. I'm guessing he embodies her dead husband. Ultimately, I have no freaking idea where this is heading but I suppose we'll start figuring it out as the writer's give us more and more history on the town and characters.

If Alan Pangborn is truly dead (and I'm not convinced he is), I'll be disappointed. He seemed to be one of the few that could allow for connecting the past with the current.

Last episode was awesome but I don’t quite get what the point of the couple moving in was, aside from stressing how this creep kid makes people evil as hell

Last episode was awesome but I don’t quite get what the point of the couple moving in was, aside from stressing how this creep kid makes people evil as hell

Did you finish the series? So am I to take from the ending that the creepy kid was the pastor's dead kid coming back as a demon?

Too many unanswered questions and too many loose ends.

Did you finish the series? So am I to take from the ending that the creepy kid was the pastor's dead kid coming back as a demon?

I honestly don't know. The season began awesome but mid way through it kind of got too lost within itself, and it ended with me scratching my head. The acting was awesome but the story got nuts. I need to find one of those "ending explained" by YouTube dorks to help me.

On the other hand, I'm 8 years behind but I just started watching American Horror Story and it's awesome. Murder House and Asylum are some of the best "horror" series episodes that I've seen.

On the other hand, I'm 8 years behind but I just started watching American Horror Story and it's awesome. Murder House and Asylum are some of the best "horror" series episodes that I've seen.

Enjoy it while you can, early seasons were great like you said but it jumps the shark in a major way after season 4 or 5.

Reactions: fabknight
I’m 4 into Coven and I can’t tell at times if the show is mocking itself or wanting us to take it seriously but providing half baked comedy instead

If this season ends like this then I’m done with AHS given the comments here.

Asylum was so dark and awesome. It’s like the writers had to cheese it up for the masses and deliver something less graphic or gory and it sucks

LOL

Just watched the Axe Murderer episode. I’m done.

Never seen a fantastic series made so cheesey and dumb so fast

Reactions: DHodges34

He wasn't the pastors dead son. He was the son of the Sherriff and the mom. There seems to be an alternative reality where she chose to escape with the sheriff when he pleaded for her to. Whatever it is in the woods that they hear allows for the two alternative realities to cross. At least, that is my best guess.

He wasn't the pastors dead son. He was the son of the Sherriff and the mom. There seems to be an alternative reality where she chose to escape with the sheriff when he pleaded for her to. Whatever it is in the woods that they hear allows for the two alternative realities to cross. At least, that is my best guess.
Well then in the last episode who's grave was creepy kid looking at? Secondly, isn't creepy kid a little old to be her second son and wouldn't Henry Deaver have known about him? It isn't like Ruth Deaver could have hidden it from him.

Well then in the last episode who's grave was creepy kid looking at? Secondly, isn't creepy kid a little old to be her second son and wouldn't Henry Deaver have known about him? It isn't like Ruth Deaver could have hidden it from him.
You're right(my wife even corrected me during the episode). He went home because his dad(Mathew Deaver) committed suicide. His mom just ran away with the sheriff. It was all pre 1991 so the timing would be fine. They adopted the black Henry because they lost a child during birth (or through a miscarriage or whatever), in this reality they never lost the child, so they never adopted.

You're right(my wife even corrected me during the episode). He went home because his dad(Mathew Deaver) committed suicide. His mom just ran away with the sheriff. It was all pre 1991 so the timing would be fine. They adopted the black Henry because they lost a child during birth (or through a miscarriage or whatever), in this reality they never lost the child, so they never adopted.
What? Now I'm even more confused. If what you're interpreting from the show is in fact what is going on, I'm really messed up. That show makes my brain hurt. To me, the total alternate reality thing doesn't make sense in the way that you see it.

BTW, Matthew Deaver didn't commit suicide, Henry pushed him off the cliff and later Molly killed him by pulling his oxygen tube.

Have you figured out Molly, yet? They said she was killed at some point but she looks very alive and now enjoying life in the Keys. The alternate reality doesn't make sense in that case.

What? Now I'm even more confused. If what you're interpreting from the show is in fact what is going on, I'm really messed up. That show makes my brain hurt. To me, the total alternate reality thing doesn't make sense in the way that you see it.

BTW, Matthew Deaver didn't commit suicide, Henry pushed him off the cliff and later Molly killed him by pulling his oxygen tube.

Have you figured out Molly, yet? They said she was killed at some point but she looks very alive and now enjoying life in the Keys. The alternate reality doesn't make sense in that case.
I'm basing this all on the second to last episode:
Mathew Deaver committed suicide in the alternate reality where Ruth had a baby with Mathew, but ran away with the sherriff. He became a hermit/hoarder. It's why Henry went back to Castle Rock in that episode.

Molly was killed in that episode when they were in the woods after the young Henry Deaver jumped out of the car and ran away. One of the police officers shot her (I think it was the guy who, in the other reality was the prison guard who found Skarsgard's character in the cage). It become confusing here, but it seems that whatever is in the woods skews time and space and repeats all the evil that has happened in Castle Rock. Remember that once they got in the woods it turned from night to day and we saw murders and criminals in the woods along with a wierd light in the sky.

After Molly is shot, her body disappears and it is just the two Henrys in the woods. Then it's just Skarsgard's Henry in the snow and he steps to the cliff to watch the young black Henry run across the ice to the sheriff.
(1991). That's where the realities cross. I just rewatched the last 5 minutes of episode 9.

I'm basing this all on the second to last episode:
Mathew Deaver committed suicide in the alternate reality where Ruth had a baby with Mathew, but ran away with the sherriff. He became a hermit/hoarder. It's why Henry went back to Castle Rock in that episode.

Molly was killed in that episode when they were in the woods after the young Henry Deaver jumped out of the car and ran away. One of the police officers shot her (I think it was the guy who, in the other reality was the prison guard who found Skarsgard's character in the cage). It become confusing here, but it seems that whatever is in the woods skews time and space and repeats all the evil that has happened in Castle Rock. Remember that once they got in the woods it turned from night to day and we saw murders and criminals in the woods along with a wierd light in the sky.

After Molly is shot, her body disappears and it is just the two Henrys in the woods. Then it's just Skarsgard's Henry in the snow and he steps to the cliff to watch the young black Henry run across the ice to the sheriff.
(1991). That's where the realities cross. I just rewatched the last 5 minutes of episode 9.
Okay. I'll have to go back and rewatch some of this stuff.

It got too sloppy and too messy at the end. I duno. It was really interesting to start but towards the end my interest waned.

I hope I’m wrong but this is starting to feel like an early M. Night Shyamalan flick where 80% is great and you’re into it then the ending feels like a total cop out.
That's how I feel about 90% of horror flicks. That's why I usually avoid them ... unless it's received universal praise for the ending.

Anyone watching the new season? Really liking it so far, the plot seems less disjointed than the first season.

I almost dropped Hulu since the buffering was so terrible, but it seemingly got better and now it streams as well as Netflix. I have the basic package + no commercials but we kept Spectrum too mostly for sports. Hulu is great for keeping up on recent TV shows when I'm traveling.

I dropped Spectrum and haven't looked back. The boxes kept malfunctioning. Which sports are you getting on Spectrum that you aren't on Hulu? The only buffering problem that I've had on Hulu was at the end of the UCF/Pitt game. I'll check out Castle Rock. [cheers]

It’s good but it’s not funny.

Most of the characters aren't funny but the dads (Kevin Pollack & Tony Shalhoub) are hysterical. They need their own show. I haven't seen Pollack since the 90's, I forgot how funny he was.

I dropped Spectrum and haven't looked back. The boxes kept malfunctioning. Which sports are you getting on Spectrum that you aren't on Hulu? The only buffering problem that I've had on Hulu was at the end of the UCF/Pitt game. I'll check out Castle Rock. [cheers]

I actually spoke too soon on Hulu, it works better now but there are some shows (Modern Family specifically) that weirdly suck for buffering. It's not nearly as good as Netflix.

What does Hulu have for sports? Spectrum has a ton of stations and on CFB Saturdays, there's usually at least 10 different games going on to choose from. Plus my wife is a big tennis fan and watches Tennis Channel all the time which I don't think you can get via streaming services.

I actually spoke too soon on Hulu, it works better now but there are some shows (Modern Family specifically) that weirdly suck for buffering. It's not nearly as good as Netflix.

What does Hulu have for sports? Spectrum has a ton of stations and on CFB Saturdays, there's usually at least 10 different games going on to choose from. Plus my wife is a big tennis fan and watches Tennis Channel all the time which I don't think you can get via streaming services.

I get tons of baseball, the NFL games of the week, all of college football games (ESPNs, SEC, B10 network, CBS network, FOX Sports). I've had no problem finding any college game that I wanted to see and it categories and previews them (which I love). I can type in "UCF" and it will tell me not only when the live games are but if ESPN is playing one of our classic games.

ADVERTISEMENT