ADVERTISEMENT

Celtics preseason

Inside the bubble at Walt Disney World, Fall will spend the rest of his first pro season with the Celtics on a full-time basis.

Fall, who earned All-Defensive Team accolades from the G League in June, averaged 12.9 points, 11.1 rebounds and 2.9 blocked shots per game and shot 70.7 percent from the field in 23.3 minutes per contest in 29 games with the Red Claws.

Having played in six NBA games prior to the shutdown, Fall appeared in one of the Celtics' three scrimmage games at Disney's Wide World of Sports. The 7-foot-6 center scored six points on 3-of-6 shooting with six rebounds and one blocked shot in just nine minutes against the Rockets.

The Celtics get started back up officially Friday night at 6:30 p.m. on ESPN. Boston takes on league-leading Milwaukee from HP Field House

Inside the bubble at Walt Disney World, Fall will spend the rest of his first pro season with the Celtics on a full-time basis.

Fall, who earned All-Defensive Team accolades from the G League in June, averaged 12.9 points, 11.1 rebounds and 2.9 blocked shots per game and shot 70.7 percent from the field in 23.3 minutes per contest in 29 games with the Red Claws.

Having played in six NBA games prior to the shutdown, Fall appeared in one of the Celtics' three scrimmage games at Disney's Wide World of Sports. The 7-foot-6 center scored six points on 3-of-6 shooting with six rebounds and one blocked shot in just nine minutes against the Rockets.

The Celtics get started back up officially Friday night at 6:30 p.m. on ESPN. Boston takes on league-leading Milwaukee from HP Field House

He will only play in blowouts. And that’s probably 2 minutes or less.

They finally let him play. I doubt he’ll play much starting tomorrow unless it’s a blowout. Stevens doesn’t seem to like him.
He isn’t even dressed out. Need a new team.

You’re being quite the homer here. Tacko is a rookie undrafted free agent on one of the top-5 teams in the NBA. How many of those guys are getting minutes in the NBA right now?

Coach Stevens (and the whole Celtics organization) loves Tacko. He’s been complimentary of Fall’s improvement, conditioning, and work ethic every step of the way this season. You are way off base on this one...

He’s a rookie with range that extends to three to four feet from the basket in a modern game that values outside shooting and pace.

You’re being quite the homer here. Tacko is a rookie undrafted free agent on one of the top-5 teams in the NBA. How many of those guys are getting minutes in the NBA right now?

Coach Stevens (and the whole Celtics organization) loves Tacko. He’s been complimentary of Fall’s improvement, conditioning, and work ethic every step of the way this season. You are way off base on this one...

He’s a rookie with range that extends to three to four feet from the basket in a modern game that values outside shooting and pace.
They are not a top 5 team. Bounced out in first round more than likely. Not sure what league you’re watching. There are teams that have no centers , let alone bad ones. He needs a different team.

They are not a top 5 team. Bounced out in first round more than likely. Not sure what league you’re watching. There are teams that have no centers , let alone bad ones. He needs a different team.
-I wrote "they are a top five team" not from an opinion standpoint, they literally have a top five record in the NBA - hence "top five" (at the time that I wrote this, their record was fifth overall in the NBA. Now they are tied with Denver for fifth after losing yesterday). They are top five in defensive rating in the NBA (4th), top five in the NBA in offensive rating (4th). Quite literally the definition of a top five team in the league....

-"Bounced out of the first round more than likely"...so you predict the Celtics will lose to Indiana, who is down two starters (All-Star Domantas Sabonis and guard Jeremy Lamb), not including All-Star guard Victor Oladipo's questionable status as he recovers from a knee injury?

-"There are teams that have no centers..." Yes, that's my original point. Teams (especially late in games) have been playing small without centers for years, either to match-up with other teams who are playing small, or to create an advantage. Pacing and spacing is what the league is all-about (this is nothing new), hence why I mentioned what Tacko brings to the table (as much as we love him) isn't exactly a valued commodity around the NBA. This is not the 1960's/1970's.

"Not sure what league you are watching". I watch the NBA that I cover for a living.

Reactions: Knightro20
-I wrote "they are a top five team" not from an opinion standpoint, they literally have a top five record in the NBA - hence "top five" (at the time that I wrote this, their record was fifth overall in the NBA. Now they are tied with Denver for fifth after losing yesterday). They are top five in defensive rating in the NBA (4th), top five in the NBA in offensive rating (4th). Quite literally the definition of a top five team in the league....

-"Bounced out of the first round more than likely"...so you predict the Celtics will lose to Indiana, who is down two starters (All-Star Domantas Sabonis and guard Jeremy Lamb), not including All-Star guard Victor Oladipo's questionable status as he recovers from a knee injury?

-"There are teams that have no centers..." Yes, that's my original point. Teams (especially late in games) have been playing small without centers for years, either to match-up with other teams who are playing small, or to create an advantage. Pacing and spacing is what the league is all-about (this is nothing new), hence why I mentioned what Tacko brings to the table (as much as we love him) isn't exactly a valued commodity around the NBA. This is not the 1960's/1970's.

"Not sure what league you are watching". I watch the NBA that I cover for a living.
They are tied for 6th if you use win loss record alone. That’s not how it is though. Better teams in West and they play more teams in East. They looked bad yesterday. Where do you cover the NBA for a living? Top 6 in West are better than them. Then you have the 2 above them in East. I think right now there are a couple teams in East that don’t have as good of a record that will be better than them in bubble. Will the Pacers be? Not sure but after 8 games we’ll see.

Tacko has on a short sleeve button up again. Butler not playing so you’d think they would at least dress him out and have someone else not dress in case of a blowout.

ADVERTISEMENT