ADVERTISEMENT

Central Florida Triple Crown?

RunawayKnight

Bronze Knight
Apr 13, 2019
Lightning. Stanley Cup?

Rays. World Series champs?

Brady Bucs. Lombardi Trophy?

Would you put A G note down on all of that happening this year in Vegas? State what you think the odds are. could well happen.

I’d bet a thousand at least 2 don’t. Bucs won’t win it. Don’t care if Lightning do and I doubt Rays do.

UCF probably better odds of winning another natty this year than of all 3 of those winning at the same time

Well, I was going by UCF owning the RayMond JayVees - so based on a 50 mile radius extended from the fifty yard Line at Ray JayVee Stadium, we can claim it is all Central Florida Real estate and hence any championship that occurs there within.
Several people in The Dungeon refer to usf as uwcf so I tried to read the room and called it West Central Florida :)

Reactions: RunawayKnight
Several people in The Dungeon refer to usf as uwcf so I tried to read the room and called it West Central Florida :)

That was before we started winning more games at Ray Jay than the actual current residents... since then we have annexed that real estate

That was before we started winning more games at Ray Jay than the actual current residents... since then we have annexed that real estate
ownership of that real estate will be a moot uncontested point when they Ray JayVees complete their impending transition to FCS.

I thought it was South Florida?
🤣😂🤣😂🤣
I always thought it was seriously moronic to name a public university located in TAMPA, the University of SOUTH Florida. WTF?

Yeah, yeah, I've heard their explanation for it -- but I STILL think it was an incredibly stupid decision. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣

I always thought it was seriously moronic to name a public university located in TAMPA, the University of SOUTH Florida. WTF?

Yeah, yeah, I've heard their explanation for it -- but I STILL think it was an incredibly stupid decision. 🤣😂🤣😂🤣
I agree.

I can almost hear a recruit's mind blow when they tell me that they hope to vist USF & I say "Yeah, Tampa is nice."

Good times.

Do tell. What is their excuse for it? lol
I think they say at the time of its establishment it was the furthest south public university in FL. Of course the point remains that it is just outside of Tampa and there is a ton of land mass, development, and people living way south of Tampa. So lacking the foresight to know Tampa isn't "south Florida" and that many other public universities would be established south of their location seems pretty stupid.

I think they say at the time of its establishment it was the furthest south public university in FL. Of course the point remains that it is just outside of Tampa and there is a ton of land mass, development, and people living way south of Tampa. So lacking the foresight to know Tampa isn't "south Florida" and that many other public universities would be established south of their location seems pretty stupid.
It was shortsighted that all of the orange groves and undeveloped land between Miami and Tampa wouldn't be developed. Or that more State colleges would not be built.

University of Tampa was taken.

Before selecting South Florida the Board considered Florida Gulf Coast University & University of Southwest Florida.

Tampa media and some government officials suggested Tampa Bay University of Florida, De Soto State, Temple Terrace University, Sunshine State University, Peninsula University and Citrus State University.

Reactions: Knight Strength
It was shortsighted that all of the orange groves and undeveloped land between Miami and Tampa wouldn't be developed. Or that more State colleges would not be built.

Before selecting South Florida the Board considered Florida Gulf Coast University & University of Southwest Florida.

Tampa media and some government officials suggested Tampa Bay University of Florida, De Soto State, Temple Terrace University, Sunshine State University, Peninsula University and Citrus State University.
I guess Shitty Concrete Sixties Construction Jungle U was already taken. SCSCJU.

I agree. I personally like Gulf Coast... or even West Florida would have been better. The current UWF would have had to be Panhandle or something else, no big deal. Just about anything would have been better because South is objectively wrong.

Not their fans fault but it's still stupid.

Reactions: Russ Wood
I guess Shitty Concrete Sixties Construction Jungle U was already taken. SCSCJU.
Is the campus THAT bad? As many times as I have been on campus I've only been to the basketball arena, the basketball offices/practice facility, one rec center and the building where the athletic department has its offices. I've driven past the soccer "stadium" and the baseball stadium but they are close to the other buildings I mentioned.

All of those buildings share one parking lot. Since they are walking distance to each other I haven't had to drive through campus or seen anything else.

Is the campus THAT bad? As many times as I have been on campus I've only been to the basketball arena, the basketball offices/practice facility, one rec center and the building where the athletic department has its offices. I've driven past the soccer "stadium" and the baseball stadium but they are close to the other buildings I mentioned.

All of those buildings share one parking lot. Since they are walking distance to each other I haven't had to drive through campus or seen anything else.
It’s bad dude. I have tons of friends and family in that area. And a few unfortunate friends whose kids go there. They consider it a no go zone. when you walk in that campus you are literally walking back in time to a black and white TV show.

I went to Hank Williams Jr concert in that concrete dome piece of crap basketball arena in the 90s. it was the worst thing ever with noise bouncing around. Total harmonic cancellation. Never caught a single distinguishable word he sang.

It’s bad dude. I have tons of friends and family in that area. And a few unfortunate friends whose kids go there. They consider it a no go zone. when you walk in that campus you are literally walking back in time to a black and white TV show.

I went to Hank Williams Jr concert in that concrete dome piece of crap basketball arena in the 90s. it was the worst thing ever with noise bouncing around. Total harmonic cancellation. Never caught a single distinguishable word he sang.
I saw pics of the arena before the renovation. That was embarrassing looking. It is really nice now though.

I’ll take your word. Zero motivation Going forward to ever go set foot on that 60s high school campus ever.

Great to see the Lightning win a second Stanley Cup.

Been a fan of the (Devil) Rays since they came into MLB, and suffered through all their 100+ loss seasons. Was great to see rise to prominence under Joe Maddon. Put up with all the losing campaigns after Maddon left, and ang glad to see the team be competitive again in one of the toughest division in baseball.

Super stoked to see them dispose of the Yankees (a nail biter of a series), and, kinda, surprised to see them effortlessly defeat the Astros in the first 3 games of the LCS.

Now, if Atlanta can eliminate the Dodgers and get to the WS along with Tampa Bay, we will have the battle of the As in the World Series.

Great to see the Lightning win a second Stanley Cup.

Been a fan of the (Devil) Rays since they came into MLB, and suffered through all their 100+ loss seasons. Was great to see rise to prominence under Joe Maddon. Put up with all the losing campaigns after Maddon left, and ang glad to see the team be competitive again in one of the toughest division in baseball.

Super stoked to see them dispose of the Yankees (a nail biter of a series), and, kinda, surprised to see them effortlessly defeat the Astros in the first 3 games of the LCS.

Now, if Atlanta can eliminate the Dodgers and get to the WS along with Tampa Bay, we will have the battle of the As in the World Series.
A’s?

ADVERTISEMENT