ADVERTISEMENT

CFP rankings

Mikesi

Diamond Knight
Oct 17, 2013
We will jump West Virginia, but honestly, I feel we should jump Ohio State

Any chance that happens?

There is a chance it happens but it won’t matter. If they beat Michigan they would jump UCF and if they lose the will be behind.

There is a chance it happens but it won’t matter. If they beat Michigan they would jump UCF and if they lose the will be behind.
Do we jump Michigan if we beat USF and Ohio State wins? So we automatically move up 2 from today with that scenario

That’s #9. Let’s just see how high we can go
Getting nervously close for some

Utah State barely beat a bad to mediocre Colorado State team 29-24. Utah State plays at Boise State.

Loser is probably eliminated from NY6

If the winner of that game losses again, we are in the NY6 with a loss to USF and a CCG win. No one is close.

Can’t see us losing next week though. Fans need to come out to Ray Jay!!

Do we jump Michigan if we beat USF and Ohio State wins? So we automatically move up 2 from today with that scenario

That’s #9. Let’s just see how high we can go
Getting nervously close for some
In terms of the CFP picture loser of Ohio State Michigan as well as LSU and West Virginia will be out so that’s 3 spots putting 4 teams between UCF and the playoff. Need Pitt, Northwestern, West Virginia, and Alabama to win their conferences and someone to beat Washington st. Long shot for sure.

In terms of the CFP picture loser of Ohio State Michigan as well as LSU and West Virginia will be out so that’s 3 spots putting 4 teams between UCF and the playoff. Need Pitt, Northwestern, West Virginia, and Alabama to win their conferences and someone to beat Washington st. Long shot for sure.
For sure, but not impossible. Once again, I’m
setting my sights on the Fiesta Bowl and never was expecting the CFP. I’ll take it, but a
6-9 ranking would be nice to stir things up even more. If we are #5, that will sting a lot.

The easiest scenario is for Bama, Clemson, & ND to win out. Losses by any of those teams won't drop them below UCF.

Before this weekend UCF was ranked #11
UCF should now be ranked #10 this Tuesday
UCF can get to #6 next Tuesday if Michigan beats Ohio State (9), Wazzu loses the Apple Cup (8), Texas A&M beats LSU (7) & West Virginia beats Oklahoma (6). If these games go this way, there is no way UCF is not at least #6.

For Championship Week, UCF needs:
Bama to beat Georgia, the bigger, the better (5)
Northwestern to Upset Michigan
Texas beats WVU in the Big 12 Title Game
Wazzu to lose the PAC12 Title Game (if they didn't lose the Apple Cup)

The biggest longshot is the Northwestern game, but should the 'cats pull it off you're left with the following teams

UCF (12-0)
Michigan (11-2)
Georgia (11-2)
Oklahoma (10-2) didn't play in Big 12 Title Game
Wazzu (10-2) or (11-2)

In this scearnio, I don't see how the Committee would leave UCF out. UGA would have just been beaten by Bama and the argument could be made that they had their chance. How could Michigan not drop in the polls after getting upset in the Big 12 Title game. It comes down to UCF getting in by default.

The easiest scenario is for Bama, Clemson, & ND to win out. Losses by any of those teams won't drop them below UCF.

Before this weekend UCF was ranked #11
UCF should now be ranked #10 this Tuesday
UCF can get to #6 next Tuesday if Michigan beats Ohio State (9), Wazzu loses the Apple Cup (8), Texas A&M beats LSU (7) & West Virginia beats Oklahoma (6). If these games go this way, there is no way UCF is not at least #6.

For Championship Week, UCF needs:
Bama to beat Georgia, the bigger, the better (5)
Northwestern to Upset Michigan
Texas beats WVU in the Big 12 Title Game
Wazzu to lose the PAC12 Title Game (if they didn't lose the Apple Cup)

The biggest longshot is the Northwestern game, but should the 'cats pull it off you're left with the following teams

UCF (12-0)
Michigan (11-2)
Georgia (11-2)
Oklahoma (10-2) didn't play in Big 12 Title Game
Wazzu (10-2) or (11-2)

In this scearnio, I don't see how the Committee would leave UCF out. UGA would have just been beaten by Bama and the argument could be made that they had their chance. How could Michigan not drop in the polls after getting upset in the Big 12 Title game. It comes down to UCF getting in by default.
No harm in a Pitt win over Clemson even if we think they won’t drop below UCF. Pitt won’t jump ahead and it would give UCF a head to head victory (by 31) over a team that Clemson lost to.

I think you guys are going to be surprised with the reshuffling of the CFP this week. 1-4 stays the same, but UCF is going to be in a much better position now. That was an impressive win and the committee will recognize it.

Reactions: wjustincottrell
Either this week or next week because Michigan is going to beat them so bad Urban goes to the hospital by halftime. That poor bastard has legit medical problems. He shouldn’t be out there.
The only reason that I want to see it this week is that I’m hoping for some respect. That would show A little at least

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT