ADVERTISEMENT

CFP Top 4 & CCGs

PhDee

Silver Knight
Sep 8, 2019
What's to stop a school like USC from just forfeiting? Theoretically, they should remain at #4 since OSU doesn't play, no?

Playing in the CCG is pointless if there are no teams on the outside who could make it in with a win.

I don't think all conferences need to get in, just the top 8 conference champions. 8 teams would make it 3 games. That or make the conferences similar to the Premier Leagues. Every 4-5 years, the losers move down in conference and the winners move up into a better conference. The best teams would move up and the worst teams would eventually find their home.

Promotion/Relegation is a great idea for college sports.

Why?

Do you understand how corrupts the system is? Do you understand how all the voting power changed after Tulane went undefeated in 1998? Do you know where the P5 term comes from and the history of autonomous conferences?

UCFans should be hyper aware of how the powers at be have used their power to arbitrarily exclude teams who win all in the pursuit of higher viewership in Bowl Games.

Make no mistake. UCF would have been relegated with no hopes of getting in. Never close the door that you walked UCFreely through.

#UCFacts

Why?

Do you understand how corrupts the system is? Do you understand how all the voting power changed after Tulane went undefeated in 1998? Do you know where the P5 term comes from and the history of autonomous conferences?

UCFans should be hyper aware of how the powers at be have used their power to arbitrarily exclude teams who win all in the pursuit of higher viewership in Bowl Games.

Make no mistake. UCF would have been relegated with no hopes of getting in. Never close the door that you walked UCFreely through.

#UCFacts
Huh?

If the teams with winning records moved up and losing records moving down, that seems pretty objective to me…

That aside, I don’t think relegation would be easy to do in practice.

I don't think all conferences need to get in, just the top 8 conference champions. 8 teams would make it 3 games. That or make the conferences similar to the Premier Leagues. Every 4-5 years, the losers move down in conference and the winners move up into a better conference. The best teams would move up and the worst teams would eventually find their home.
All 11 of them. 5 at large bids. Done.

Reactions: UCFhonors
ADVERTISEMENT