ADVERTISEMENT

Chinese Balloons

KnighttimeJoe

Todd's Tiki Bar
May 29, 2001
A Chinese spy balloon floats around for several days and Biden does nothing about it--Republicans call for his resignation for putting Americans at risk.

Three Chinese spy balloons floated over the U.S. during the Trump administration and no one knew anything about it and none shot down.

My question: do you think they had "Made in China" stamped on them?

Reactions: DaShuckster
A Chinese spy balloon floats around for several days and Biden does nothing about it--Republicans call for his resignation for putting Americans at risk.

Three Chinese spy balloons floated over the U.S. during the Trump administration and no one knew anything about it and none shot down.
When I heard Congressional Republicans going off on Biden for doing nothing, that's the first thing I thought about: "Where the hell were you guys when the Chinese did this same spy sh*t before??!?"

Personally, I'm of the opinion we should've shot it down earlier -- as many folks at Fox News were hyperventilating about last week. But does our country have to be so schizophrenic about every damn thing??!?

this news and hysteria made me think this is the result of it being the Football offseason pretty much w only 1 game left. this happens on a full slate CFB Saturday and NFL Sunday weekend in October nobody would give a $hit

this news and hysteria made me think this is the result of it being the Football offseason pretty much w only 1 game left. this happens on a full slate CFB Saturday and NFL Sunday weekend in October nobody would give a $hit
It was in February of 2020 that the vaping hysteria was first reported and everyone went nuts. Haven't heard about that shit since.

Reactions: Poolside Knight
I personally care less about the balloon. If Trump was prez, and the news leaked, the dems would have acted exactly like republicans did over it.. It isn't about facts but tit vs tat in politics. Hell they could have taken it down with a sling shot on a 50 year old single engine Cessna if they really wanted it down.

Reactions: major.tom.foolery
I personally care less about the balloon. If Trump was prez the dems would have acted exactly like republicans did over it.. It isn't about facts but tit vs tat in politics. Hell they could have taken it down with a sling shot on a 50 year old single engine Cessna if they really wanted it down.
When Trump was President, the Chinese flew 3 spy balloons over US skies. Perhaps you missed that in the original post.

It isn't about facts but tit vs tat in politics. .
Can you imagine being a world leader and trying to work with us on ANYTHING of global consequence that requires long-term planning?

It's gotten to the point where all the leaders of the world understand the U.S. can't be counted on because of our schizophrenic nature.

I wish more World leaders would simplify a message to highlight China and Russia being the problem. ‘The World is coming out of a pandemic where we all want to celebrate but Russia & China want you to be miserable’ or something similar. I think Reagan or Obama would be very good at this in winning the perception game

Last edited:
When Trump was prez there wasn't some farmer in Montana taking a picture of this weird thing in the sky. So, it never became news. If it had dems would have beat him up over it, just like they did with every other thing they could find to bitch about. Now in the house the shoe is on the other foot. It is politics plain and simple.

I don't blame the Dems for going after Trump and I don't blame the Rep's for going after Biden. It's the game they play.

Reactions: major.tom.foolery
Now in the house the shoe is on the other foot. It is politics plain and simple. ... It's the game they play.
Speaking of politics, I thought it was hilarious the way "Dementia Joe" played Republicans DURING his SOTU address.

MTG and her crowd of loud-mouthed MAGA hecklers went ballistic when the President implied that some Republicans want to end Social Security and Medicare. What a LIE!!! Perish the thought!!!!

So ol' Joe used their heckling to get a public display from BOTH sides of the aisle to protect our senior citizens and not cut Social Security and Medicare. The look on Kevin McCarthy's face was priceless. Word was he'd told his MAGA constituents in a meeting earlier in the day to keep their mouths shut during Biden's address. But, of course, they couldn't do it. :)

Mark my words, the House's MAGA Clowns are going to give Ol' Joe smooth sailing to another four years in the White House.

Speaking of politics, I thought it was hilarious the way "Dementia Joe" played Republicans DURING his SOTU address.

MTG and her crowd of loud-mouthed MAGA hecklers went ballistic when the President implied that some Republicans want to end Social Security and Medicare. What a LIE!!! Perish the thought!!!!

So ol' Joe used their heckling to get a public display from BOTH sides of the aisle to protect our senior citizens and not cut Social Security and Medicare. The look on Kevin McCarthy's face was priceless. Word was he'd told his MAGA constituents in a meeting earlier in the day to keep their mouths shut during Biden's address. But, of course, they couldn't do it. :)

Mark my words, the House's MAGA Clowns are going to give Ol' Joe smooth sailing to another four years in the White House.
Joe did ok, They must have found him some new med.

It was a no win situation for Biden. If he shoots it down over international waters they crucify him for it. If he shoots it down and the debris causes damage or kills someone the crucify him for it. In the end he took the Pentagon’s advice, which is the right course of action, but he still gets crucified by republicans.

It was a no win situation for Biden.
It's always a no-win when it comes to criticism from Republicans. Today, one was on one of the Sunday shows blasting Biden for using his position to "enhance his 'entire' family's wealth."

His 'entire' family? His son, Bo, died of brain cancer so I'm going out on a limb and guessing this is referencing his other son, Hunter, right?

You gotta laugh at the amnesia of these MAGA Republicans. When it comes to using his position to enhance the wealth of his entire family, it's hard to top Donald Trump.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Yet another UFO shot down today?!?

If it turns out Biden is responsible for setting off a modern-day War of the Worlds, he's lost my damn vote! 😡

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT