ADVERTISEMENT

Chip Kelly To UF

if they hire Dino, better distance that announcement from his current team giving up 64 points yesterday to an unremarkable Wake Forest team.

Spurrier is the Grandpa that can't keep his mouth shut, he said on a radio interview that it will be someone that is currently coaching. Hopefully Mullen

If it's CK and Frost stays at UCF, there will be recruiting battles because they will recruiting athletes that fit our current system.

All the gator twitter and insider message board posts say Chip Kelly
I wouldn't be surprised if they took a hard look at Campbell (Iowa State) as well. Only downside with him, like Frost, is that he hasn't run a big, major program and not much of a track record, although with Campbell he has a stellar record as a head coach. He took Toledo and made them good. Anybody that can take Iowa State and make them competitive deserved kudos because that program has never really done anything accept collect checks because they happen to be around for a million years and are part of the Big 12. Kelly would be someone that has dealt with running a major program. That would be a good get for UF. His ego fits them as well.

They need the statue in there for five or six years to get the discipline down, then they can have a fun times coach. That place is out of control.

Why not get a proven coach from the FCS, Div 2/3 level like Ohio State did?

from the National Board, Gator and Nebraska fans
#Grumors

giphy.gif

Couple of rumors regarding Frost.

1. Frost was number one and Kelly was approached during background check (some speculate that's where Kelly interest began as he expressed interest)
2. Frost wants more control/money than what UF wants to pay and UF is using Kelly rumors as a negotiating ploy
3. Frost declined and either wants to ride it out a UCF a little longer or he's heading back to Nebraska.

Honestly I lean towards 3, but this is all internet rumor. I don't think anyone knows what's up. UAA has been pretty tight lipped on this and you haven't heard the usual coach come out and say publicly they are not interested or haven't been contacted.
UF put feelers out to Frost. As I said 100 Times despite UF fans believing otherwise..... Frost had and has no desire to go to Florida.

It’s between UCF and Nebraska. However I still think he will be at UCF next year. He and his family love UCF.
#1 and #3 are what I've seen the most.
I will say I just can't for the life of me understand him turning down UF & NU the same year to stay at UCF. Not sure how credible it is, but I also heard Frost turned down the Vols as well. If true and he stayed at UCF, that would mean turning down 3 big programs to do so.

from the National Board, Gator and Nebraska fans
#Grumors

giphy.gif

If true, that would make me very very happy and shows the class act Scott Frost is. Look, I don't expect him to stay here forever, especially if the playoff situation remains unchanged and we are further subjugated to the kiddie table. But if he stays 3-4 more years, and continues to grow the program, I would wish him well and follow his career with interest.

If he leaves after this year, I would understand, but i'd be pissed. It would really destroy the fan base too. Apathy would truly set in because it would prove we are nothing more than a developing ground for the P5.

We may not sell out our stadium, but the 30,000 diehard's we have are truly hard core. Just look at are away game travel groups, the money we raised in only a matter of weeks. It's not your normal G5 stuff. It's hard not to fall in love with the campus, the facilities, and the level of support from the people who truly care. It's just most people don't realize it until they get here. I don't think Frost even knew how good this campus had it until he arrived. All people see is UCF and G5. The idea that we have an indoor practice facility is mind-boggling to them.

The future is bright.

Life as a gator head coach is very demanding. During the off-season, you're expected to go on speaking tours with a lot of the gator clubs scattered across the USA. There are about 87 clubs in the country. Spurrier did 21 speaking tours during his 1st year as head coach.

Reactions: Miltonian
If true, that would make me very very happy and shows the class act Scott Frost is. Look, I don't expect him to stay here forever, especially if the playoff situation remains unchanged and we are further subjugated to the kiddie table. But if he stays 3-4 more years, and continues to grow the program, I would wish him well and follow his career with interest.

If he leaves after this year, I would understand, but i'd be pissed. It would really destroy the fan base too. Apathy would truly set in because it would prove we are nothing more than a developing ground for the P5.

We may not sell out our stadium, but the 30,000 diehard's we have are truly hard core. Just look at are away game travel groups, the money we raised in only a matter of weeks. It's not your normal G5 stuff. It's hard not to fall in love with the campus, the facilities, and the level of support from the people who truly care. It's just most people don't realize it until they get here. I don't think Frost even knew how good this campus had it until he arrived. All people see is UCF and G5. The idea that we have an indoor practice facility is mind-boggling to them.

The future is bright.
yeah Frost has hinted at this multiple times that 'this place' has exceeded his initial expectations.

If those posts are accurate at the very least what most likely happened is that Frost would not commit to any talks/negotiations with UF out of respect to hear out UCF's pitch & knowing how arrogant they are they are losing patience bc he is not kissing the ring

Wow. I'm really starting to believe that Frost turned down UF.
I'm starting to believe this as well. And this is not coming from our premium boards, there are UF, Tennessee, and Nebraska fans all posting this behind pay walls.

The future is bright.

I don't believe that it proves UCF is some second rate program at all. UCF just happens to be in the unenviable position of having a succesful coach that went to NU, is from Nebraska, his parents live there, and he won a NC under TO there. Take away those factors and I do not think he considers NU....right now anyway.

UCF will be fine imo, even if Frost does take the NU HC position.

I'm starting to believe this as well. And this is not coming from our premium boards, there are UF, Tennessee, and Nebraska fans all posting this behind pay walls.
Sigh of relief for me. If true, those who predicted a "not interested" wouid be on the down low were spot on

I don't believe that it proves UCF is some second rate program at all. UCF just happens to be in the unenviable position of having a succesful coach that went to NU, is from Nebraska, his parents live there, and he won a NC under TO there. Take away those factors and I do not think he considers NU....right now anyway.

UCF will be fine imo, even if Frost does take the NU HC position.
I still am sure he's coming back in 2018. Lots of subtle and not so subtle clues. He will listen though

I don't have a ton of connections, but I have enough to know that it is true that the only other offer he will most likely entertain is NU. So really, it is down to whether Frost wants to go home or keep building at UCF. I have one person telling me it is a done deal. I never believe that until I see an announcement, though.

I don't think Frost is leaving. That's why the Nebraska AD hasn't fired Riley yet. They may give Riley another year if it means that Frost is coming. I'd be fine with that. Cornhuskers don't eff with our mojo right now.

Lol. Love the last sentence....I would feel the SAME WAY.

Riley is gone. He will be done after the Iowa game on Black Friday. I know this for a fact.

I know we all praise Danny White and he deserves it but let's not forget about President Hitt & the respect he has from his peers. He jokingly threatened UF's President in front of media yesterday at some event. It is very possible that he was involved in this if the rumors are true.

If Frost leaves, I'm not gonna be shedding any tears. Some lucky bastard is gonna walk into a turn-key operation with a AD that is providing all the possible support he can.

If he doesn't leave, I'm taking on the challenge of seeing how quickly I can get banned from the Husker Board.
will bookmark Husker boards on the phone for the laughs

If Frost leaves, I'm not gonna be shedding any tears. Some lucky bastard is gonna walk into a turn-key operation with a AD that is providing all the possible support he can.

If he doesn't leave, I'm taking on the challenge of seeing how quickly I can get banned from the Husker Board.

That's just it. I don't see how you walk away from a loaded team into a sh*tshow when Frost can go to Nebraska anytime he wants. They would let Riley have another year or 2 if Frost said that he is coming.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT