ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati 2019 American FB Champions

Shark59

Four-Star Recruit
Jan 21, 2016
Venice, Fl
... according to Bleacher Report‘s mythical 16 game playoff. Love to know how they figured Cinci gets past us, Memphis and Houston. And let’s not forget Temple.

Reactions: knightcrew
... according to Bleacher Report‘s mythical 16 game playoff. Love to know how they figured Cinci gets past us, Memphis and Houston. And let’s not forget Temple.
Don’t think it’s that far-fetched. They’re on the upswing and are more stable at QB than us or Houston. Temple is always decent.

This format is what I've been wanting. I really like a 16 team format (minimum) to include every conference champ. No way the at-large bids should be exclusively for "P5" teams though. What's considered a "power" conference can change with TV deals etc. At large bids should go to the next 6 highest ranked teams according to a computer poll that doesn't take conference or recruiting rankings into consideration. Other than that this is a great format. Oh, and Cincy is a worthy opponent but theyre taking an L again this year.

Now I'm going to google up someCincy research

Don’t think it’s that far-fetched. They’re on the upswing and are more stable at QB than us or Houston. Temple is always decent.

Plus they get to play UCF at home.

Their young gun QB played pretty well last year (better than KZ did his first year) as their former Ohio St Coordinator Coach had done a great job in recruiting.

Cinci game up there might be the toughest road conf game for UCF next year.

Reactions: Nautiknight
I’m probably more concerned about the possibility of OC Kerwin Bell turning around USF’s offense. He’s been pretty successful wherever he has coached.

I’m probably more concerned about the possibility of OC Kerwin Bell turning around USF’s offense. He’s been pretty successful wherever he has coached.

Bell was successful at Jacksonville because they were caught cheating to the 9th degree.

JU played in the non-scholarship Pioneer League, where student scholarships could not be given out for athletic reasons and generally, football rosters had the same percentage of students on scholarships as the general student body.

Well, at JU: 96% (23 out of 24) of all starters for Bell's team in 2013 were on scholarship...while just 6% of the JU Student Body were on scholarship.

Needless to say...the League hammered JU with penalties...took aways coaching positions, vacated all wins for 5 years and gave them a 2 year post-season ban.

Yes, Bell then jumped ship to Valdosta and had a great season last year...but no clue if he can replicate that in the AAC and/or can he do it without cheating.

Imposter or new account?
New account. I wasn’t able to get any thread updates. They weren’t being sent to my other e-mail account. I posted and deleted a few posts just to test my account

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT