ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati's Path to a National Title

ucfjosh2000

Silver Knight
Jan 29, 2003
Orlando, FL
Cincinnati is currently one of five unbeatens remaining - Cincinnati (9-0), Alabama (11-0), Ohio St (6-0), Coastal Carolina (11-0), and San Jose St (7-0). If the following happens, Cincy will be the only undefeated team and can claim that Natty.

Liberty beats Coastal Carolina
Cincinnati beats Georgia
Clemson beats Ohio St
Ball St beats San Jose St
Notre Dame or Clemson beats Alabama

If all of that happens, Cincy is the only undefeated National Champion!

Cincy will be #1 in Colley Matrix if Notre Dame wins the title. Or if Clemson beats Alabama in the championship. If Clemson beats Notre Dame in the championship then they will finish higher.
So Cincinnati needs to win then become Clemson fans?

Cincy will be #1 in Colley Matrix if Notre Dame wins the title. Or if Clemson beats Alabama in the championship. If Clemson beats Notre Dame in the championship then they will finish higher.
Colley Matrix, Colley Matrix , Colley Matrix, Colley Matrix, Colley Matrix , Colley MatrixColley Matrix, Colley Matrix , Colley Matrix, Colley Matrix, Colley Matrix , Colley Matrix , Colley Matrix, Colley Matrix , Colley Matrix, Colley Matrix, Colley Matrix , Colley MatrixColley Matrix, Colley Matrix , Colley Matrix, Colley Matrix, Colley Matrix , Colley Matrix , !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :cool:

Cincinnati loses by 40 points to either Alabama or Clemson. Both of those teams are loaded with first round NFL draft picks and hold the top two coaching staffs in the country.

Alabama and Clemson are levels above everyone else that's not even debatable. What championship is Cincinnati going to win?
The reason we want them to claim a natty is to show the ridiculousness of the system in place idiot. Yes Alabama and Clemson would be favored, but that’s why you play the game. It will probably end up the way you predict but we don’t get the chance to see it, instead notre dame gets blown out by 30. By claiming a title the hope is to show that the system is flawed as the invitational is recognized by the ncaa but not sanctioned by the ncaa (only NCAA national champion trophy that doesn’t have the NCAA logo on it). It is a way to speak out about the broken system we currently have. Just because we think a team is better (Alabama and Clemson are) doesn’t mean that an upset can’t happen. That is why I think UCF fans should stand behind our claim and any other school claiming a non invitational championship when another ncaa selector recognizes them and ends up in the record book.

If you don’t understand why we claimed the championship then I don’t know what to tell you.

Unless we can get in a p5, making noise and creating change is the next best thing. Every top G5 should be doing the same. What has sitting at the kids table and taking the leftovers done for boise? Nada...

Reactions: ucfjosh2000
The reason we want them to claim a natty is to show the ridiculousness of the system in place idiot. Yes Alabama and Clemson would be favored, but that’s why you play the game. It will probably end up the way you predict but we don’t get the chance to see it, instead notre dame gets blown out by 30. By claiming a title the hope is to show that the system is flawed as the invitational is recognized by the ncaa but not sanctioned by the ncaa (only NCAA national champion trophy that doesn’t have the NCAA logo on it). It is a way to speak out about the broken system we currently have. Just because we think a team is better (Alabama and Clemson are) doesn’t mean that an upset can’t happen. That is why I think UCF fans should stand behind our claim and any other school claiming a non invitational championship when another ncaa selector recognizes them and ends up in the record book.

If you don’t understand why we claimed the championship then I don’t know what to tell you.

Unless we can get in a p5, making noise and creating change is the next best thing. Every top G5 should be doing the same. What has sitting at the kids table and taking the leftovers done for boise? Nada...

Why do you have to be gratuitously insulting? I am not having a conversation nor am I mentioning you Mr. Captain Ahab aka resident forum stalker.

I do not care for whatever claims other programs might or might not make. I personally doubt that Luke Fickell will do what our AD or what some in the UCF fan base wants.

Fickell is a young, smart coach who will carve his own path. I will BET YOU that Luke Fickell himself will not make any championship claims!

Take the bet troll! If Fickell claims a natty, I leave this Rivals forum for good and if he doesn't, you disappear from here. You go away to your cave and never show your face again.

Fickell has something building and he is not going to discredit himself when he knows that there are teams clearly better!

Cincinnati is currently one of five unbeatens remaining - Cincinnati (9-0), Alabama (11-0), Ohio St (6-0), Coastal Carolina (11-0), and San Jose St (7-0). If the following happens, Cincy will be the only undefeated team and can claim that Natty.

Liberty beats Coastal Carolina
Cincinnati beats Georgia
Clemson beats Ohio St
Ball St beats San Jose St
Notre Dame or Clemson beats Alabama

If all of that happens, Cincy is the only undefeated National Champion!
They'd still find a reason to deny Cincy.

Cincinnati is rising, they are recruting i
better than anyone else in G5 and they have thr best staff in G5. Cincinnati has a very good chance of joining the Big 12 in the future, maybe even the ACC. They are not about to start claiming nattys.

Why not? Simply because it doesn't help them to do so.

Reactions: shacket
They'd still find a reason to deny Cincy.
Colley is a published computer algorithm. If anyone wants to take the time they can run the simulations themselves. If Cincinnati wins colley the NCAA will put them in the record book for 2020 as a National Champion.
What Cincinnati AD and university decide to do is on them.

Colley is a published computer algorithm. If anyone wants to take the time they can run the simulations themselves. If Cincinnati wins colley the NCAA will put them in the record book for 2020 as a National Champion.
What Cincinnati AD and university decide to do is on them.

That's fine, Fickell is not going to focus nor mention that. He has the program and his career going in the right direction. The focus is to get into a P5 conference or to get a top job in either the Big 10 or Big 12 for himself and his staff. That's the objective.

Let the NCAA records show the accomplishment but Fickell will not make a show of it. I guarantee you gents that he won't.

That's fine, Fickell is not going to focus nor mention that. He has the program and his career going in the right direction. The focus is to get into a P5 conference or to get a top job in either the Big 10 or Big 12 for himself and his staff. That's the objective.
Fickell turned down B1G Michigan State job last year. He is also on record admiring our National Championship sign on our stadium. 1st they have to win on the field. Then lets see what happens

Fickell turned down B1G Michigan State job last year. He is also on record admiring our National Championship sign on our stadium. 1st they have to win on the field. Then lets see what happens

Let's see. Fickell did not want the Michigan State job because there's a huge sexual abuse scandal within that university and it's athletic program. There's also an ongoing NCAA investigation of the football program.

Fickell wants a top tier Midwest P5 job and he is in line to get it. Cincinnati has placed itself on top of the P5 food chain.

Other programs and their leaders are not about to follow Danny's preferences nor should they. It's always best to deal with reality directly.

Let's see. Fickell did not want the Michigan State job because there's a huge sexual abuse scandal within that university and it's athletic program. There's also an ongoing NCAA investigation of the football program.

Fickell wants a top tier Midwest P5 job and he is in line to get it. Cincinnati has placed itself on top of the P5 food chain.

Other programs and their leaders are not about to follow Danny's preferences nor should they. It's always best to deal with reality directly.
He had OSU job and shit the bed. Couldn’t win with Ohio State recruits.

Reactions: mattropolis
Why do you have to be gratuitously insulting? I am not having a conversation nor am I mentioning you Mr. Captain Ahab aka resident forum stalker.

I do not care for whatever claims other programs might or might not make. I personally doubt that Luke Fickell will do what our AD or what some in the UCF fan base wants.

Fickell is a young, smart coach who will carve his own path. I will BET YOU that Luke Fickell himself will not make any championship claims!

Take the bet troll! If Fickell claims a natty, I leave this Rivals forum for good and if he doesn't, you disappear from here. You go away to your cave and never show your face again.

Fickell has something building and he is not going to discredit himself when he knows that there are teams clearly better!
If you finish first in any Major Selector you can claim a Natty. That’s how the NCAA recognizes champs. If they finish 1st in the Colley Matrix they can claim a Natty. If this does happen and Cincy doesn’t then that’s their problem. Not anybody else’s. They can always recognize it 10 or 20 years from now anyways. Oklahoma State recently claimed a Natty for 1945. Fix the problem. Have a real playoff.

There’s always an excuse: 1) There isn’t enough time! 2) We play too many games! 3) You can’t make student-athletes play games past CCG weekend! 3) Etc.... All bunk. Well, this year teams played games past Dec 5th and nobody had any issue with it. Only 8-16 teams would play extra games anyways so it isn’t that big a deal if you are replacing a wasteful game against, say, Savannah State and replacing it with a playoff game. The money would be enormous. Players would fan out even a little further, thus leveling the playing field even a little more. The fans would love it. Vegas would love it. Sponsors would love it. TV contracts would love it. It’s a win for everybody so why doesn’t it seem to happen? Greed. Period. Those that own the system make the money now and even though they could make more they are too scared to let anybody touch their little pot of gold.

As far as Fickell, it sounds like what you are saying is Fickell is a tool and a follower. He’s needs to get in line and understand his place in life. Basically a coward. Afraid to say his team is as good as others if they haven’t lost a game on the field. He’d simply let others put him in his place. If you think he is such a great coach who believes in his teams and players, he would never think they couldn’t beat any team out there. No way should any coach in his position accept that they are not good enough if they haven’t been beat on the field.

The pundits say it just can’t be done so we’re supposed to be written off without any opportunity. In 2017 we beat a team that beat both teams that played for the CFI title. So if the game against Auburn was a semi-final game (which we won) we couldn’t have won one more game? That’s a defeatist and losers mindset. Not a champion and competitors mindset.

This post shows exactly why I insult you. Everything you mentioned above has nothing to do with what I said. I don’t give a damn what Cincinnati does, but should they claim, i’d support it. Where did I say they would claim the title? Where did I even mention fickle? You suck at arguing because you change the argument every timer and never answer difficult questions. You are a troll @titan_cane. I stated that until expansion happens that fighting for change is the right way to go. This is what Utah did and look where they are now, in a P5. Staying silent has done nothing for Boise.

The next P5 expansion is about TV/money. That is evident by b10 taking Rutgers (why would any conference want that team?!? Oh because it’s in New Jersey and they were trying to get the New York market for the B10 network). Big 12 needs two, Cincinnati makes sense because of travel partner to WV, and a Florida school makes sense because of access to this talent rich state and to bring more Florida eyeballs to big 12 games.

Their research shows they should stay at 10.

Now get off your knees for Fickle and go away.

• Haha
Reactions: ReturnOf
Cincinnati is rising, they are recruting i
better than anyone else in G5 and they have thr best staff in G5. Cincinnati has a very good chance of joining the Big 12 in the future, maybe even the ACC. They are not about to start claiming nattys.

Why not? Simply because it doesn't help them to do so.

Umm, Cincinnati’s been around awhile. They will for sure claim it if they’re the only undefeated and atop the colley rankings

This post shows exactly why I insult you. Everything you mentioned above has nothing to do with what I said. I don’t give a damn what Cincinnati does, but should they claim, i’d support it. Where did I say they would claim the title? Where did I even mention fickle? You suck at arguing because you change the argument every timer and never answer difficult questions. You are a troll @titan_cane. I stated that until expansion happens that fighting for change is the right way to go. This is what Utah did and look where they are now, in a P5. Staying silent has done nothing for Boise.

The next P5 expansion is about TV/money. That is evident by b10 taking Rutgers (why would any conference want that team?!? Oh because it’s in New Jersey and they were trying to get the New York market for the B10 network). Big 12 needs two, Cincinnati makes sense because of travel partner to WV, and a Florida school makes sense because of access to this talent rich state and to bring more Florida eyeballs to big 12 games.

Their research shows they should stay at 10.

Now get off your knees for Fickle and go away.

Look at Captain Ahab, Cincinnati's #1 cheerleader all worked up. People with little minds and fat fingers can keep posting all they want and keep sucking up to Cincinnati all they want.

Cincinnati is a rival. A rival for resources, a competitor trying to get into P5 as much as we are, only that they are in a much better position to achieve their goals. Here's Captain Ahab ready to sail at full speed for Cincinnati, rusted harpoon on hand.

We would be much better served if Dungeonites would concern themselves with the sad state of our program and let Cincinnati handle it's own business?

TCU went 13-0 claimed nothing and joined a P5 conference. That should be the goal. Feeble minded individuals easily manipulated, it happens all the time.

What is Danny doing to improve the football program? The man made promises, talked big and what happened? He gave a big fat contract to Heupel and now he cant afford to fire him. Now here's Danny in the media talking about Coastal Carolina - WELP- and Cincinnati. Nothing but a distraction, smoke and mirrors while he does nothing to improve our program.

Look at Captain Ahab, Cincinnati's #1 cheerleader all worked up. People with little minds and fat fingers can keep posting all they want and keep sucking up to Cincinnati all they want.

Cincinnati is a rival. A rival for resources, a competitor trying to get into P5 as much as we are, only that they are in a much better position to achieve their goals. Here's Captain Ahab ready to sail at full speed for Cincinnati, rusted harpoon on hand.

We would be much better served if Dungeonites would concern themselves with the sad state of our program and let Cincinnati handle it's own business?

TCU went 13-0 claimed nothing and joined a P5 conference. That should be the goal. Feeble minded individuals easily manipulated, it happens all the time.

What is Danny doing to improve the football program? The man made promises, talked big and what happened? He gave a big fat contract to Heupel and now he cant afford to fire him. Now here's Danny in the media talking about Coastal Carolina - WELP- and Cincinnati. Nothing but a distraction, smoke and mirrors while he does nothing to improve our program.
Utah claimed a Natty in 2008.

TCU claiming or not claiming a Natty in 2010 has nothing to do with them joining the Big 12. You think that was some kind of factor? How about the conference was imploding at that time. That might have held a little bit more of importance.

There is a lot of history with TCU and let’s not forget actual history, teams were bailing on the Big12, losing 4 teams (Colorado, Mizzou, Nebraska and Texas A&M) and adding two (TCU and West Virginia). TCU were Southwest Conference members from the 1920’s until 1993. That’s like 75 years of history with that conference. Dallas is a big TV market as well. They were dissed in 1994 by the Big 12, and from what you read they were only considered around 2010 after multiple other schools turned them down or they couldn’t work out the details.

Today's schedule:

Noon, ESPN, #8 Cinci vs #9 Georgia

1pm, ABC, Auburn vs #14 Northwestern

4pm, ESPN, #1 Bama vs #4 Notre Dame

8pm, ESPN, #2 Clemson vs #3 Ohio State

Reactions: Knight Strength
Good drive by Cincy to end the half with a score.
Hope the poor decision by the OL on that targeting call doesn’t end up costing them.

Making some "chunk" plays, which is what I thought they'd have trouble doing, especially with the RB out. Looking good so far.

UGA playing Cincy worse than UCF did. If some of the small things we've been complaining about since last season got fixed, our team would be playing in this game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT