ADVERTISEMENT

Cincinnati's Path to a National Title

And / or alcohol

Some people just don't understand that the Peach Bowl would have been the biggest win in Cinci's 135 year football history.

Cinci has NEVER won a BCS/NYD6 Bowl game (now 0-3 in those games) as their biggest ever bowl win might have been a 2011 Liberty Bowl victory over VANDERBILT.

That's why this dude was losing his marbles...as he thought Cinci might have finally ARRIVED on the football national scene...and even he had it in his grasps but Ridder and Fickell couldn't count so Cinci might go another 135 years without their BIG WIN.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Some people just don't understand that the Peach Bowl would have been the biggest win in Cinci's 135 year football history.

Cinci has NEVER won a BCS/NYD6 Bowl game (now 0-3 in those games) as their biggest ever bowl win might have been a 2011 Liberty Bowl victory over VANDERBILT.

That's why this dude was losing his marbles...as he thought Cinci might have finally ARRIVED on the football national scene...and even he had it in his grasps but Ridder and Fickell couldn't count so Cinci might go another 135 years without their BIG WIN.
He hasn’t been alive for many years. I doubt it’s 135 years of frustration. People in Cincinnati like OSU more.

.... People in Cincinnati like OSU more.

Which is WHY he was dying for UC to win the game....as the above scenario is basically the same for UCF in Orlando...hence why it was sooooo important for UCF to not only win the Fiesta Bowl but to also win the Peach Bowl...as those wins have helped change the narrative in this town where UCF was almost an after-thought.

Last edited:
Wish is WHY he was dying for UC to win the game....as the above scenario is basically the same for UCF in Orlando...hence why it was sooooo important for UCF to not only win the Fiesta Bowl but to also win the Peach Bowl...as those wins have helped change the narrative in this town where UCF was almost an after-thought.
Yes was very important. But to act like that I’d have to be drunk and bet a months salary.

Lol, there is people who break TVs over games and it's not because it was the big moment in a team or program history. Just simply the person snapped and likely has similar episodes in the past and for more than one team.

I’m not downplaying the significance of the game - just seemed more of a temper tantrum than anything. I might have had a different perception if this was someone who actually played in the game, though.

Either way, it sucks, but I don’t think a win would be changing UC’s trajectory much. Those who watched saw a very good Cincy team go toe to toe with a team from the almighty SEC who needed a very long kick and some clock mismanagement to squeak by.

I’m not downplaying the significance of the game - just seemed more of a temper tantrum than anything. I might have had a different perception if this was someone who actually played in the game, though.

Either way, it sucks, but I don’t think a win would be changing UC’s trajectory much. Those who watched saw a very good Cincy team go toe to toe with a team from the almighty SEC who needed a very long kick and some clock mismanagement to squeak by.
But like when we beat Auburn people were saying how many losses UGA had. If they win there were a bunch of excuses lined up.

This was their chance and its over. QB and many 5th year seniors gone after this season.

1*Q59ONUgBl159KgMJvghShA.jpeg

Reactions: ucfjosh2000
ADVERTISEMENT