ADVERTISEMENT

Citizen-militias starting to speak out against State Laws, citing they respect US Federal Law and Judicial Opinion

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
I'll have to quote Fox News, because ABC, CBS, NBC, let alone CNN and MSNBC, have not posted this factoid.

"The group posted videos to YouTube throughout the incident, insisting the group is peaceful. The men in the videos also claim they are abiding by "federal laws and judicial opinions" of the United States, but do not specify state laws."

We're increasingly going to see more of this. It will be interesting what happens as more and more Progressive States claim 'States' Rights' and what the US Federal does when it comes to Civil Rights being allowed under Federal Law, but not State Law. People shouldn't ignore this or label them. And it's hardly just Conservatives.

Here's what I've been able to scrape up ...
  • They were traveling from Rhode Island to Maine
  • A car broke down in Massachusetts
  • The Police stopped to help
  • Police recognized they had firearms
  • Police and asked them for their licenses -- both State Driver's and Firearm Registrations
  • They refused to recognize the Laws of the State of Massachusetts
  • Their website claims they recognize US Federal Laws and Judicial Opinions to date
  • They ran into the woods, allegedly with their firearms
  • The Police shut down the highway
  • The county and nearby cities issued a Shelter in Place notice
  • It became a huge scene as a result
  • Nine of the men surrendered themselves, two were later either caught or turned themselves in
I've dealt with Massachusetts myself several times, having worked there, and so have military members of my family.
I refused to relocate to MA for (redacted) in 2014 (major engineering center in Westford, I wasn't against Raleigh, Cork Ireland or even Brno Czech Republic), after doing so to MD in 2009 (and getting screwed out of relocation prior), and it's one major reason I left the company. I will not live in MA, just like I will not live in MD again either. HPE, who I was regularly sub-contracted to, was more than willing to let me remain in Orlando.

E.g.,
  • MA doesn't allow RVs more than a week or so, and outlaws RVs as homes, which is a PITA for military service members who are relocated to MA. This includes my family.
  • MA also do not recognize federal storage transport and other laws, just like DC and other places do not, and expect them to be confiscated or otherwise someone to hold a valid, local state license, even though they are a resident of another state, and are transporting them within those federal laws. I've had family and friends have their guns confiscated in this case too, despite abiding by federal transport laws and being residents of other states, only 'traveling through' MA.
Case-in-point: If you break down in MA, federal law won't protect you if you're not a resident, and unable to obtain MA licenses (catch-22). This has been a #1 complaint by active military personnel I've known over the years, especially around the DC area, but also in New England too.

We'll see if they were transporting their firearms to federal law and/or why they removed them from their storage if they did (aggressive wildlife along highway? unlikely).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT