ADVERTISEMENT

Clearwater and St Pete area recommendations

Crazyhole

Todd's Tiki Bar
Jun 4, 2004
my girlfriend is taking her daughters there on Wednesday for a few days. Anybody have suggestions on things to do while they are there?

St Pete is mostly closed, Tampa and St Pete both have mandatory masks. I live about 35 mins north. It is more Relaxed up here. I’d Try Weeki Wachee Springs if they are into that kind of thing
What is that?

my girlfriend is taking her daughters there on Wednesday for a few days. Anybody have suggestions on things to do while they are there?
I’m there almost every weekend. It’s not been the same with Covid-19, but obviously you still have the beach. The northern part of Clearwater isn’t quite as packed as you get away from most of the larger hotels.

Jimmy’s Crow’s nest is always a nice view with food and drinks. It’s on top of the Pier-60 hotel. Also, Frenchy’s is good with live music

There’s a lot of miniature golf, but not sure if it’s open

As far as St. Petersburg, the downtown around the Vinoy hotel is always hopping and the Canopy restaurant/bar overlooks all of the surrounding area

For a fun time, younger kids usually like the John’s pass area for food, shops, candy stores, ice cream, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: DAiello18
Already booked so too late.

Then stick to outdoor stuff- rent kayaks or something. Most everything else is closed or closes every other day when an employee tests positive.

Which hotel are you staying in?

A good option may be renting a private sunset tour - I’ve heard a lot of local captains are offering this and it’s basically contact-less and BYOB.

Then stick to outdoor stuff- rent kayaks or something. Most everything else is closed or closes every other day when an employee tests positive.

Which hotel are you staying in?

A good option may be renting a private sunset tour - I’ve heard a lot of local captains are offering this and it’s basically contact-less and BYOB.
I'm not going, I'm asking for a friend. 35 year old woman that doesn't drink with a couple of teenagers are the ones headed there. I tried talking her into going to Estes or Steamboat springs but it had to be Florida I guess.

My wife and I have been big fans of Clearwater Beach. I'd have a zillion suggestions except I'm afraid 99% of my recommendations would be closed. The one I was going to suggest was already offered by 85 above. That's an excellent idea!
I tried talking her into going to Estes or Steamboat springs but it had to be Florida I guess.
That's the Shuckster plan. We've rented a mountain cabin near Estes Park for ten days in late July.

ADVERTISEMENT