ADVERTISEMENT

Climate Change Bill ... Real Change or Just Obamacare All Over Again?

What will the Climate Change Bill accomplish long-term?

• Environmental improvement, and save or at least cost no added money

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Environmental improvement, but still cost more money

Votes: 1 14.3%
  • Have no opinion, waiting to see

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Environmental non-impact, or possibly hurt with special interest, but not cost any money

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Environmental non-impact, special interest havey, and still cost yet more money for nothing

Votes: 5 71.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

UCFBS

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Oct 21, 2001
USA
As always ... the problem I have with politicians is that by the time you realize a law made things worse, they have already moved on to another issue. I fear the Climage Change Bill is the new Obamacare ... especially since it's supposed to 'cost nothing,' or even 'save money.'

Your thoughts?

Reactions: major.tom.foolery
One Democratic viewpoint, which I'll post, just to be impartial.

As always ... we'll see. But I also remember the ACA that was supposed to cost nothing and make things better ... and it was never funded, and hardly addressed much at all.

The thing that always burns me up is how much corporations with most of their personnel and investments overseas never pay, and successful small businesses grossing $250-500K/year, but actually 'take home' <<$100K/year, always get screwed.

But ... we'll see.

To REP. MIKE LEVIN (D-CALIF.)
You say IRS has lost 50k employees, and this act helps replace them. Liar Liar pants on fire. 87k>50k. They may actually need 10k more Employees to go after large corporations, the rest of these armed thugs will be after the rest of us.

Secondly any tax on corporations is paid for by higher cost to those (usually making less than 200k) customers who need their products.

The disinformation about this bill comes from both sides of the aisle. Those who are for it lie about what it will do, and those who are against it lie about how bad it is.

At the end of the day this is like all big spending bills, by, for, and written by the Swamp Thing for its own benefit. I have never seen a huge spending bill that actually made things better long term. The swamp serves its masters who turn congressmen, and senators into multi-millionaires within a very few years of taking office.

Last edited:
We have to get aggressive on fossil fuel burning. We'll mostly all be dead but in 50 years the air and Earth will be in real bad shape. China worst offender. India 2nd but making huge strides. USA needs to hasten our changes, meaning Republicans have to participate (and not one in the senate wants to).

To REP. MIKE LEVIN (D-CALIF.)
You say IRS has lost 50k employees, and this act helps replace them. Liar Liar pants on fire. 87k>50k. They may actually need 10k more Employees to go after large corporations, the rest of these armed thugs will be after the rest of us.

Secondly any tax on corporations is paid for by higher cost to those (usually making less than 200k) customers who need their products.

The disinformation about this bill comes from both sides of the aisle. Those who are for it lie about what it will do, and those who are against it lie about how bad it is.

At the end of the day this is like all big spending bills, by, for, and written by the Swamp Thing for its own benefit. I have never seen a huge spending bill that actually made things better long term. The swamp serves its masters who turn congressmen, and senators into multi-millionaires within a very few years of taking office.
^ You get it

We have to get aggressive on fossil fuel burning. We'll mostly all be dead but in 50 years the air and Earth will be in real bad shape. China worst offender. India 2nd but making huge strides. USA needs to hasten our changes, meaning Republicans have to participate (and not one in the senate wants to).
How's that increased CO2 working for us since we've made Natural Gas 7x more expensive?

This is why the environmental ****tards, who actively break the laws and violate our own agreements with NATO, and compromise our security, need to go. Because they keep killing off domestic energy, even though the '0 Impact Green' isn't available, and won't be available (let alone isn't '0 Impact'). We're literally still dealing with the fallout, and we're ****ed.

Soon the US will be refining in Mexico. I'm not kidding, Mexico is getting serious. Good for them. As the US destroys domestic energy, all while not building much Green, or Green at 10x the cost of actual market, we'll be soon getting more electricity from Canada and Mexico, in addition to importing all our fossil fuels, at 10x the cost. Smart! (NOT)

I don't think I've ever seen the US sign agreements and then turn around and **** our allies, because Natural Gas is core to our entire Green plan, let alone Europes. And it let Russia 'take control' over western energy too.

It still amazes me how the left has the balls to blame Trump for Russia-Ukraine, when it was all the left's doing. I mean, Biden repeatedly violated the law, and made things worse. No one wants to invest in the US. No one. And I don't blame them. So we'll just keep getting our energy from countries that are 10x worse on the environment.

As always ... the problem I have with politicians is that by the time you realize a law made things worse, they have already moved on to another issue. I fear the Climage Change Bill is the new Obamacare ... especially since it's supposed to 'cost nothing,' or even 'save money.'

Your thoughts?
Too many lawyers in government.

Too many lawyers in government.
Plus ... even more lawyers not in government writing the laws for the companies they lobby on-behalf of ... indeed!

Our framers and the early Republic used to balance this by ensuring the Media questioned everything, as well as forced agency heads to justify their actions after-the-fact with public inquiry and expert discord.

But now we've started to outlaw those in our Republic, and even people on this board make fun of me for pointing out the serious conflicts-of-interest ... like Pharma, for example.

It's now 'conspiracy theory' and even 'misinformation' to point to our top experts, especially those in government who have resigned, as well as the expert panels required by law, that seem to be at-odds with how agencies are running things these days.

Although at least the CDC is finally taking heat over the massive number of 'whistleblowers' coming out who are admitting they falsified data and information as the evidence continues to grow ... as long as it doesn't directly impact Pharma's bottom line at least.

Plus ... even more lawyers not in government writing the laws for the companies they lobby on-behalf of ... indeed!

Our framers and the early Republic used to balance this by ensuring the Media questioned everything, as well as forced agency heads to justify their actions after-the-fact with public inquiry and expert discord.

But now we've started to outlaw those in our Republic, and even people on this board make fun of me for pointing out the serious conflicts-of-interest ... like Pharma, for example.

It's now 'conspiracy theory' and even 'misinformation' to point to our top experts, especially those in government who have resigned, as well as the expert panels required by law, that seem to be at-odds with how agencies are running things these days.

Although at least the CDC is finally taking heat over the massive number of 'whistleblowers' coming out who are admitting they falsified data and information as the evidence continues to grow ... as long as it doesn't directly impact Pharma's bottom line at least.
...and, too much in 1 bill. 237 pages? ...c'mon man.

...and, too much in 1 bill. 237 pages? ...c'mon man.
Are you serious? Did you screech with this one under your boy Donald?

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress passed a $900 billion pandemic relief package Monday night that would finally deliver long-sought cash to businesses and individuals and resources to vaccinate a nation confronting a frightening surge in COVID-19 cases and deaths.

The 5,593-page legislation — by far the longest bill ever — came together Sunday after months of battling, posturing and postelection negotiating that reined in a number of Democratic demands as the end of the congressional session approached. Biden was eager for a deal to deliver long-awaited help to suffering people and a boost to the economy, even though it was less than half the size that Democrats wanted in the fall.

Are you serious? Did you screech with this one under your boy Donald?

WASHINGTON (AP) — Congress passed a $900 billion pandemic relief package Monday night that would finally deliver long-sought cash to businesses and individuals and resources to vaccinate a nation confronting a frightening surge in COVID-19 cases and deaths.

The 5,593-page legislation — by far the longest bill ever — came together Sunday after months of battling, posturing and postelection negotiating that reined in a number of Democratic demands as the end of the congressional session approached. Biden was eager for a deal to deliver long-awaited help to suffering people and a boost to the economy, even though it was less than half the size that Democrats wanted in the fall.
Way too much in one bill, c'mon man.

If you want to see how bad it's become the past decade, I invite you to revisit this old article from 2012 a colleague shared from his memories 10 years ago, and how we still haven't addressed it in 2022.

And this my favorite quote, a predictoin which became 100% true, and you can found countless others regarding this non-sense from our top, US scientific and engineering societies.

QUOTE: _'The National Academy of Sciences predicted last year that by 2022, EPA's mandated cellulosic supplies would not materialize "unless innovative technologies are developed that unexpectedly improve the cellulosic biofuels production process." In other words, if you don't build it, they will not come.'_

For those unfamiliar, the number of petitions rejected over this by the EPA has now reached no less than 65 as of 2022-Feb, and now yet another lawsuit is pending against the EPA. I cannot emphasize enough how the US is now ruled by politicians who purposely ignore the science, engineering and realities. We literally are now a country of federal agencies with politically appointed leaders who don't care to accept expert opinion and avoid public discourse on the matter.

This is actually against the law, and that's why even the Biden administration is losing lawsuits ... even over stuff that started during W. This 'ball starts rolling,' and it just doesn't end. Things don't exist. They won't exist. We're a laughing stock as a result. But most of all ... we're going bankrupt as a nation literally trying to mandate things that actually do not help the environment!

It's like with @hemightbejeremy's comment about E15/88 octane, it's 100% false and easily disproven, but ... we're going to do it because, "Biofuels! Zero impact!"

It's amazing how this is also sold as 'reduced' or 'zero impact.' And it's why the Mexican leadership is building refineries. Because the US is destroying its own infrastructure in a flurry of mandates that have no scientific basis, let alone no environmental benefit. It's literally 'because we said so' logic, and ... I'm just too educated, both in physics and civics, to vote for any clown pushing this BS.

Why do people literally 'bow down' to the 'because we said so' from US Federal Agencies when we have a massive, respective, scientific community that is saying otherwise?! We're screwing up this country ... and badly! And stop thinking it's just the Republicans doing it! Start realizing the hypocrisy of buying more foreign petroleum while you're at it if you're trying to destroy domestic energy and refining!

Global warming is great, for only the 3rd time in 62 years not a single tropical cyclone in the Atlantic for the month of Aug.

• Love
Reactions: UCFBS
Global warming is great, for only the 3rd time in 62 years not a single tropical cyclone in the Atlantic for the month of Aug.
Here's a new drinking game for everybody. Take a shot everytime someone on a local or national news show uses the word, "unprecidented" to describe a weather event.

• Love
Reactions: UCFBS
As I only half joke ...

"I'll believe the models when they even get just a little close to actually predicting the hurricane seasons." Until then, all the 'doomsday models' have been the biggest jokes, including just about everything out of Gore's mouth.

It's not that I don't believe climate change is man-made, or man-impacting, I do. But I'm tired of the non-sense from non-scientists barking about X, Y and Z when it's actually something else, sometimes man-made, sometimes natural.

The Miami condo collapse was a perfect example ... man-made environmental issue that still had nothing to with climate change at all.

Here's a new drinking game for everybody. Take a shot everytime someone on a local or national news show uses the word, "unprecidented" to describe a weather event.
I thought you loved Media hyperbole? Assange, for instance? Russia?

ADVERTISEMENT