ADVERTISEMENT

Coach Dawkins

connerito

Four-Star Recruit
Jan 10, 2005
Great job by coaching this team. For all you guys that wanted to fire him after last year and install a new coach going into the best conference in the country, take note. He is in one of the most difficult situations in the country as a coach can be in right now. He always handles himself with class and tonight his kids played hard. They could’ve folded early in the first half but they didn’t. That was impressive! I don’t think many of you understand this situation that Ucf Basketball is getting involved with going into the big 12. Great job. (. I’m sure that the Terry haters and Johnny haters will come out after the first loss but we r lucky to have them both)
Happy for you Coach.

The crowd we finally got helped. After last year I wanted him replaced. But with the kids he has coming in next year we can’t let him go. Need a few more wins lije tonight. If by chance we can go .500 in Conference, could sneak in tourney.
Last year there were several teams in the big 12 that were under 500 in conference play so this year may be interesting in that respect. This is certainly a big Quad 1 win on the resume. an amazing turnaround from game one to game two for the team. Crowd was great! Diallo was a game n shot changer tonight. Impressive!!!

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
UCF fans /students always do ok for weeknight games . It is the weekend games you have to worry about , losing and a bad product and they’ll be passed out on a pool lawn chair if it’s 75 out

I'm not moving my line...4-6 conference wins. Let the team get mad and do something about this.

Huge win!

And OPie is right. Johnny is in one of the toughest positions in college basketball this year.

#UCFacts

:cool:

Reactions: connerito
I imagine Saturday's BYU game will be pretty crowded now! the 25 point loss to kansas state to now knocking off #3 Kansas. Wtf? Wowsa.
BYU looks good n is very disciplined. The Big 12 gives u opportunities to shock the world but EVERY game is a war as there r no USFs on the schedule. I remember talking with a coach who coached in the Big East, back in the day, n the Big 12 n he said the top of the league was no different but the Big 12 bottom has no lay ups The Big East (also considered the best in the 80s n 90s) had some programs every year who struggled mightily. U gotta come hard every night in the Big 12 Toughest league by far

Last edited:
Reactions: PositYourself
I stand by my statement, Dawkins is NOT a decent coach. Call me when he has a winning record in the conference. That was totally atypical of UCF. The Knights did things they normally don't, i.e., rebound, make free throws, cut down on turnover, etc.

I stand by my statement, Dawkins is NOT a decent coach. Call me when he has a winning record in the conference. That was totally atypical of UCF. The Knights did things they normally don't, i.e., rebound, make free throws, cut down on turnover,
WVU had a losing record in the conference and were a 7/8 seed in the tournament This conference is a monster n if UCf gets a winning conference record Dawkins not only is the Big 12 COY but gets national votes too as he should

Last edited:
I stand by my statement, Dawkins is NOT a decent coach. Call me when he has a winning record in the conference. That was totally atypical of UCF. The Knights did things they normally don't, i.e., rebound, make free throws, cut down on turnover, etc.
nah, a winning record in THIS conference can't be the standard.

although he should have been fired for not having consistent winning records in the AAC though. we'll see how it goes in the Big 12.

and they act like fans are being unreasonable. We lost to bottom feeder USF twice last year with a NBA lottery pick on our roster

As a very casual basketball follower who basically knows nothing, it feels like we're always good for a win or two like this, but always fall short with "real results" like tourney invites and whatnot.

Shame the season couldn't end before this game. Oh well was fun. I am looking forward to the new guys coming in... here's hoping Dawkins can coach. Here's hoping there's an AD that doesn't accept mediocrity, but also let's Dawkins work at this level. Tough decision.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT