ADVERTISEMENT

COACH HEUPEL WILL BE ON OPEN MIKE RADIO IN THE MORNING

MBianchi

Three-Star Recruit
Sep 11, 2002
Just a reminder that Coach Heupel will be on our show at 6:15 a.m. Monday morning (replay at 8:15 a.m.). If you have any questions you want us to ask the coach, leave them in the comments section and we will get to as many as we can. Thanks!

You can listen to Open Mike on FM 96.9 and AM 740 in Orlando and AM 930 in Jax. Or you can stream us here: 969thegame.com/listen

Who cares? We win, no questions. Just win. He can’t fire Shannon. That was a DW hire. Until he hires his own guy, stop worrying about the defense being his fault.

Who cares? We win, no questions. Just win. He can’t fire Shannon. That was a DW hire. Until he hires his own guy, stop worrying about the defense being his fault.
I don’t think it’s his fault but, as the HC, isn’t Heupel ultimately responsible?

From what I have seen so far, I’m beginning to think the simple answer is we are not talented enough on D and schemes won’t be enough to compensate for that.

Mike,

We don’t want to talk about the “best offense in history.” We will wait for after the Cincinnati game for that.

We want to talk about the defense

Is it a scheme issue or a personnel issue?

Just ask him straight out. Are you too thin on defense because of youth, injuries, and opt outs? There just aren’t any beasts in the front 7 or at CB. It’s a legitimate excuse

10 minutes of absolutely nothing talk. All coach speak. He didn’t even answer the question about Marlon’s speed

Bummer.
Some of The assistants (Eg, martinez) do a much better job at having a conversation that’s engaging.

I actually thought O’Leary was always a sneaky good interview. Except when he said YAC after the catch - that drive me nuts!

Reactions: Ucfmikes
His media presence is dismal. Even sounds unfriendly at times. You're correct about the coach speak. Just win. #ChargeOn
Maybe he just doesn’t like Bianchi, because he knows that’s he’s just fishing for a story, but he’s not been super friendly otherwise. Sometimes I think that interviewing him is a waste of time. Maybe he’s a little better AFTER a game, but any other time and we should just let him concentrate on coaching. Or let someone else speak. Jeff Lebby filled in nicely last year

This happens with all coaches. When we’re meeting/exceeding expectations, it’s “oh he’s so smart with how he provides such little information to the media.” When we are not meeting expectations, we are frustrated with the few answers that we are given for not meeting expectations

Reactions: Knight Strength
This happens with all coaches. When we’re meeting/exceeding expectations, it’s “oh he’s so smart with how he provides such little information to the media.” When we are not meeting expectations, we are frustrated with the few answers that we are given for not meeting expectations
Exactly

For what it’s worth, win or lose, the lack of information during the interviews has always bothered me. I feel like 80% of the interviews could be prerecorded and replayed over and over again.

I don’t blame you. I used to make it a point to watch the interviews but, anymore, let’s just say it is low on the totem pole lol
Same here. At the end of the day we are consumers of the product and he should answer questions and being engaging with the fans. We will all be here years down the road whether he stays or goes. I don’t get why these coaches don’t understand this is how you build engagement as well. As disappointing as the loses were, this year is weird and like it was said, if the opt outs hurt our depth significantly why not say so and say the guys filling in are getting quality reps that will only help down the road. Also I don’t understand why when we are up instead of slowing things down, just go out with the non starters and run our offense the way it was designed to be run. If other teams still can’t stop it, so what, not our concern and I am tired of coaches with that attitude. Why should the kids getting in late in games not have a chance to show how they play in the system we have designed.

Mike,

We don’t want to talk about the “best offense in history.” We will wait for after the Cincinnati game for that.

We want to talk about the defense

Is it a scheme issue or a personnel issue?

Just ask him straight out. Are you too thin on defense because of youth, injuries, and opt outs? There just aren’t any beasts in the front 7 or at CB. It’s a legitimate excuse
its personnel man, Gowan wasn't getting burned last year like this in the same scheme, these guys cant cover

Maybe he just doesn’t like Bianchi, because he knows that’s he’s just fishing for a story, but he’s not been super friendly otherwise. Sometimes I think that interviewing him is a waste of time. Maybe he’s a little better AFTER a game, but any other time and we should just let him concentrate on coaching. Or let someone else speak. Jeff Lebby filled in nicely last year
Lebby was pretty good. Let's have Burnham.

ADVERTISEMENT