ADVERTISEMENT

Coach's Show Tonight at Mellow Mushroom 7 pm: Players will be RJ Harvey and Tre'mon Morris-Brash

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Mellow-Mushroom-Sept-7png.png

Much better food, beer and drink options at Mellow Mushroom this year than at Island Wings the last few years.

This location is near E Colonial/Alafaya Trail.

Address is:
11680 E Colonial Dr
Orlando, FL 32817

Man I can't watch anymore of these pre-game shows. Obviously the coverage we have is knight and day from 10 years ago but how many weekly UCF shows are there now, 5....most of them doing 3 shows a week?

Last edited:
The radio show was pretty good. But it wasn't the two players mentioned above. It was Jordan Johnson and Alec Holler.

Marc does good interviews. He mentioned yesterday on his morning radio show he has been sick lately.

I'll recap.

Made mistakes in all 3 aspects of the team. Gotta improve. Great to let everyone playing. Timmy Mclain was great. Did really great things. All the young guys got good experience. Boise losing to W: they will have a chip on their shoulder, best record on home turf. watched game on tv. Washington one of the better teams. We know what we gonna get, a challenge. A good measurement stick for week 2 for ucf. Hinshaw as OC: big factor to focus pushing ball down field. develop jrp. vanilla game plan for kent. A little diff for Boise. Their DC played against before. Gonna be about execution. JRP run threat: each game unfolds differently. we can't get him beat up like last year. snap count each game running the ball. can't run people over. take the volume of hits of him. recruit locally: Rj Harvey playing at high level. Best players in America are within 30 miles of UCF. Rest of the group is doing really well also. Blue Turf: it's unique. didn't practice on blue field due to logistics. Walk the field today after 5 hour flight. new clock rule: effected mentally, doesn't like it, but gotta adjust. Not as drastic as first thought. Washington/Boise: 6'6" qb and good rb. more running? We think they are going to run more this game. Game got out of hand so had to pass more. Gotta stop run. Lee Hunter: He is player I always thought he would be. dominant player. plays with confidence. sky the limit. Rosters and transfer portal: each coach philisophy will be different. build team from within state and fill in when can. New age of college football.

Marc: Weather suppose to be great.
Bianchi: Great that is is on FS1. lol lol lol snipe at spectrum and espn

*paraphrasing*

I'll recap.

Made mistakes in all 3 aspects of the team. Gotta improve. Great to let everyone playing. Timmy Mclain was great. Did really great things. All the young guys got good experience. Boise losing to W: they will have a chip on their shoulder, best record on home turf. watched game on tv. Washington one of the better teams. We know what we gonna get, a challenge. A good measurement stick for week 2 for ucf. Hinshaw as OC: big factor to focus pushing ball down field. develop jrp. vanilla game plan for kent. A little diff for Boise. Their DC played against before. Gonna be about execution. JRP run threat: each game unfolds differently. we can't get him beat up like last year. snap count each game running the ball. can't run people over. take the volume of hits of him. recruit locally: Rj Harvey playing at high level. Best players in America are within 30 miles of UCF. Rest of the group is doing really well also. Blue Turf: it's unique. didn't practice on blue field due to logistics. Walk the field today after 5 hour flight. new clock rule: effected mentally, doesn't like it, but gotta adjust. Not as drastic as first thought. Washington/Boise: 6'6" qb and good rb. more running? We think they are going to run more this game. Game got out of hand so had to pass more. Gotta stop run. Lee Hunter: He is player I always thought he would be. dominant player. plays with confidence. sky the limit. Rosters and transfer portal: each coach philisophy will be different. build team from within state and fill in when can. New age of college football.

Marc: Weather suppose to be great.
Bianchi: Great that is is on FS1. lol lol lol snipe at spectrum and espn

*paraphrasing*

Excellent recap. Thanks so much.

I think the game will be fast and the score lower than expected due to the new clock rules, all the rushing attempts, and the defenses being better than expected.

Despite its lopsided loss against Washington, Boise State played better than the scored indicated. The Broncos gained 402 total yards, including 138 rushing yards. They had 21 first downs to Washington's 22, so they moved the ball consistently. Boise State was undone by turnovers, penalties, and a below average pass defense that really struggled. Its run defense, meanwhile, was stellar, holding Washington to under 80 yards rushing.

The last two seasons Gus took the Knights on the road for first time outside the state of Florida, he took an L.

Make it three in a row.

Boise State 28-24.

this result will start a bring Frost back campaign

College football needs to be played outside East Orlando

Malzahn is not hiring any OC that would want full control of the offense in both play calling and personnel.

Plumlee performing poorly is going to get a lot of people questioning Malzahn's judgment/decision making. Good recruiting and talent only matters if the performance on the field matches.

Last edited:
Malzahn is not hiring any OC that would want full control of the offense in both play calling and personnel.

Plumlee performing poorly is going to get a lot of people questioning Malzahn's judgment/decision making. Good recruiting and talent only matters if the performance on the field matches.
Those two must have SOME type of deal or something going (JRP and Coach)

We would turn into the Miami fanbase. Gotta start showing results on the road , especially when much tougher road tests loom(at Oklahoma)

Ok I could be wrong, but everything points to a loss in this game.

Boise is playing @ home @ night and promising fans free tickets to every home game as long as the team wins. Boise just got embarrassed on the road, and its back is against the wall. It has an incredible home game record. It isn't unbeatable, but it probably won't beat itself. The close calls will probably go Boise's way, and Boise probably won't be as penalized playing at home.

UCF, meanwhile, has to make a five-hour 2,600-mile trip across at least two zones to play an opponent it has little history with, does not match up well against, and can arguably lose to and still meet virtually every goal it has before it. Also, JRP has yet to show he can take advantage of Boise State's secondary.

What am I missing?

Last edited:
Why is playing at night so important?

The 365 guys mentioned how TT should've beat Wyoming bc it was at night.

Why is playing at night so important?

The 365 guys mentioned how TT should've beat Wyoming bc it was at night.

Because football is a game of emotion. The crowd is rowdy as h*ll at night. Teams feed off that emotion.

UCF lost to Navy last year because ESPN picked up the game and made it an 11 am kick. UCF wins by 3 touchdowns with an 8 pm kickoff.

UCF will be the better conditioned team with a better O and D line. Cooler temps with low humidity and UCF will out athlete Boise in the 4th quarter. We got too many running backs that can hit a home run on every carry. UCF wins this with running game at will in 4th.

I dunno...I don't really buy that.

Are fans not drunk and rowdy for a 3pm game ?

Effect of time zone and game time changes on team performance: National Football League

"For night games within the same time zone, home vs away team winning percentage changed -23.8% (P < 0.01). West teams displayed uniformly high home winning percentages (75.0% and 68.4%) when playing Central and East teams, respectively, with little or no fall in away winning percentages (67.7% and 68.8%). For day games, a 3-h phase advance may decrease West coast team performance. In one small subset, anti-jet lag adjustments appeared to eliminate the expected decrement in performance. For night games, West coast teams, whether home or away, appear to be at a distinct advantage over East and Central teams."

Are Saturday Night College Football Games the Biggest Home Field Advantage in Sports?

"Home Field in General
Road teams often find more success in the early 12:00 PM ET road games, and that’s not necessarily because the home fans aren’t yet as bubbly but more just due to the travel schedule in general. When you roll into town the night before, wake up early, get a good breakfast, and just get to play right away, the distractions are minimized.

Compare an early game, where you get to go right into football, to a late contest on a Saturday, where players have to sit idle all day fighting through distractions, and it’s obvious that getting to the game as soon as possible is the way to go. It’s almost like getting a dentist appointment out of the way at 8:00 AM before work compared to thinking about it all day until the 5:00 PM visit.

Opposing teams may be trying to keep themselves busy in the hotel or in a walk-through on the field while the home players get to rest comfortably in their own beds or relax with family and friends.

College Football Saturday Night Betting
We saw it in 2022 when Tennessee ended up beating Alabama 52-49 in Knoxville, and their fans subsequently stole the goalpost and paraded it down the street before dumping it in the river – a chaotic Saturday night college football crowd is sometimes the ultimate X-factor. Playing at home on a Saturday night is not a perfect analytic to bet on, but it’s something to consider."

Last edited:
I'll reserve judgement until I see a recent peer-reviewed journal article from a legit source, not a blog blurb written by a Sneha Snuka or a 20 year old abstract from the NCBI.

TT travelling one time zone over to Wyoming doesn't explain their loss.

UCF winning over Navy by 3 TD's if they move the game forward 9 hours?? I don't think so.

I appreciate your additions to the board, but you're gonna have to bring more to the table than this.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT