ADVERTISEMENT

Colleges with biggest decrease in applicants

One thing I found interesting was the acceptance rate. Most were in the 85-95% range. Holy $hit that's high!

I know UCF is in the 44-47% range. I never thought some were so easy to get into that basically filling out an application correctly automatically gets you in.

Reactions: ProAttitude
That's not UCONN's main campus. Most of these schools are tiny (under 5K enrollment) and have less than 3k applicants - some under 1,000. Of course you're going to see a larger percentage decline at those schools. If a major campus was on this list, I'd be more concerned.

One thing I found interesting was the acceptance rate. Most were in the 85-95% range. Holy $hit that's high!

I know UCF is in the 44-47% range. I never thought some were so easy to get into that basically filling out an application correctly automatically gets you in.

While UCF has an impressive rate for acceptance with incoming Freshmen...its almost the opposite for anyone who receives an AA...as UCF admits approx 10,500 AA Grads each and every year while incoming Freshmen (all 3 main semesters combined) are around 7,000 per year.

http://colleges.startclass.com/stor...ponsored&utm_campaign=ao.ss.yh.dt.11100#Intro

I know its one of those stupid click through articles that suck, but thought Id share.

Rutgers' 2 campuses are #37 and 35

FAMU is 33
Air Force is 15

Rutgers main campus is New Brunswick...noted in the article are the smaller branches in Newark and Camden.

Rutgers (New Brunswick) has seen a huge increase in applicants of late...many think its in regards to their Big Ten invite and recent membership.

In Fall 2012, Rutgers had 28,635 applications.

In Fall 2015, Rutgers had 35,340 applications

Im surprised I didnt see Missouri on the list. Maybe I missed it? I had heard their applications were way down after all that mess on campus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT