ADVERTISEMENT

Combine Reminds Us of Lost Talent

Hurts more when Hughes, Akins and Smith all still had a year of eligibility.

Every one of these previews tabs Gilyard as a plug and play linebacker. Watching his highlight reel I can see why. Very excited to see him play. Hope he lives up to the Heup.

Good read. The beauty of college football is that it changes every year! 2017 was a super exciting season. But, its cool to watch what is next as well! Its great to see UCF players successful in the NFL. I always wish the players would stay their senior season. Makes me think they get greedy and want the money grab quickly. But, whatever, I would choose the money as well. So tough decision. Daunte stayed his senior year and yet still had a good pay out. 2018 gonna be fun. Feeling good and still reeling from that 3 game stretch of blackfriday, confchamp, and peachbowl games. How can any team match the exciting we witnessed in those? Can't be done. Thus, lowering expectations but still have expectations. Go Knights!

The biggest factor is how the new staff and players mesh. We return a lot of starters, including a Heisman-caliber QB. I’m most worried about the day-to-day grind and how that will effect team chemistry. This was only going to be year 3 under Frost and the off-field chemistry fostered the work ethic and trust that resulted on the field. Is that going to continue....Only time will tell.

It reminds me of the type of talent we are pulling in, not what we are losing

The biggest factor is how the new staff and players mesh. We return a lot of starters, including a Heisman-caliber QB. I’m most worried about the day-to-day grind and how that will effect team chemistry. This was only going to be year 3 under Frost and the off-field chemistry fostered the work ethic and trust that resulted on the field. Is that going to continue....Only time will tell.
What helped with the mesh was the love how the new guy is way different from the previous guy. Hope that this continues with Heup.

Good read. The beauty of college football is that it changes every year! 2017 was a super exciting season. But, its cool to watch what is next as well! Its great to see UCF players successful in the NFL. I always wish the players would stay their senior season. Makes me think they get greedy and want the money grab quickly. But, whatever, I would choose the money as well. So tough decision. Daunte stayed his senior year and yet still had a good pay out. 2018 gonna be fun. Feeling good and still reeling from that 3 game stretch of blackfriday, confchamp, and peachbowl games. How can any team match the exciting we witnessed in those? Can't be done. Thus, lowering expectations but still have expectations. Go Knights!
I laughed when I read not so much here but some of the big time fans on UCFtwitter that thought Hughes or Smith would stay. Always assume they are leaving early. And I don't blame them especially with the State of Football right now, look at Gronk who probably has a good 4 seasons left if he wants but there are rumors he might retire early bc of his concussions and other injuries. The window to get paid is getting smaller for these guys in the NFL.

That's why recruiting can never take a year off.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Agreed. We'd all sacrifice a lot for a shot at a few hundred thousand and getting hurt during your senior season isn't worth losing that shot.

Reactions: Wings0fred
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT