ADVERTISEMENT

The Stock Market Thread: Where we blame everything we can except Trump. (Unless its going well)

Oh no you must be mistaken. I've been assured that businesses will reinvest that money into their employees.

The reason I hate the tax cuts is because I know that the goal of a business is 100% maximizing income for shareholders. People who own substantial stock in America are the richest 10%. The biggest tax changes went to companies who will maximize the wealth of the richest 10%

You forgot the Republican talking point is that business will reinvest in the middle class.

And they have. Millions and millions of bonuses and raises. Just because you view keeping your own money in your paycheck, getting a raise and getting a bonus as crumbs from your ivory tower, the truth is that extra few grand is a big deal to most of the country.

The savings in my personal income tax was enough money to allow us to fund most of the home project we'd been holding off on doing. With this money we already have the job scheduled with a local small business using local labor.

That small business will be paying less in taxes and can then hire more workers, pay them more, or make improvements that the business needs.

The workers of that small business will then have more personal income, greater job stability, and increased confidence. They'll then spend that money in the local economy, propping up other local businesses.

What a horrible story all around.

Reactions: UCFWayne
You've ignored every single thread and story on this board featuring companies investing in their operations, bringing jobs back to the US, expanding their footprints, paying people more, etc. It's not even worth rehashing those again because you've decide you will simply ignore them. You made your mind up long ago that nothing good can come from reducing our taxes, so that we aren't the highest taxed developed nation in the world.

I do like how you adopted the Pelosi codeword of "crumbs" though. How many of her fantasyland PR stops did you listen to? lol

We are not, and were not, the "highest taxed developed nation in the world." That statement is a complete fabrication.

Secondly, 85 and Bob keep believing these corporations are doing all of this great stuff with the tax cut, and that is also a figment of their imagination. I already posted two articles about how the claims 85 made above ("investing in their operations, bringing jobs back to the US, expanding their footprints, paying people more, etc.") has been a tiny fraction compared to overall tax savings. It only takes a minute in research to figure out the "crumbs" term is factual, and not just a talking point.

Lastly, they keep talking about people benefiting from stock gains. Less than 50% of Americans own stock. Less than 30% of Americans hold over $10K in stock. Roughly 15% of all stock is owned by the bottom 90% of Americans. So, stop trying to fool us that we (and you) are benefitting.

We are not, and were not, the "highest taxed developed nation in the world." That statement is a complete fabrication.

Secondly, 85 and Bob keep believing these corporations are doing all of this great stuff with the tax cut, and that is also a figment of their imagination. I already posted two articles about how the claims 85 made above ("investing in their operations, bringing jobs back to the US, expanding their footprints, paying people more, etc.") has been a tiny fraction compared to overall tax savings. It only takes a minute in research to figure out the "crumbs" term is factual, and not just a talking point.

Lastly, they keep talking about people benefiting from stock gains. Less than 50% of Americans own stock. Less than 30% of Americans hold over $10K in stock. Roughly 15% of all stock is owned by the bottom 90% of Americans. So, stop trying to fool us that we (and you) are benefitting.

the definition of crumbs varies depending on who is using it at the time. If Obama gives people $500 back on their tax return, Democrats call it a huge victory and Republicans call it crumbs. If Trump does the same thing, Republicans call it a huge victory and Democrats call it crumbs.

Yeap, the government should be mandating what businesses should do with their money. You seem to be lost on what the purpose of a business is, to make the shareholders money, not be a charity for employees.

You seem to not learn from your history books. Do you understand that we have been through this before, and other countries have as well? Do you understand the overall effects of major wealth inequality on an economy? Do you understand what exploitation is? Do you understand anything at all?

And they have. Millions and millions of bonuses and raises. Just because you view keeping your own money in your paycheck, getting a raise and getting a bonus as crumbs from your ivory tower, the truth is that extra few grand is a big deal to most of the country.
The savings in my personal income tax was enough money to allow us to fund most of the home project we'd been holding off on doing. With this money we already have the job scheduled with a local small business using local labor.

That small business will be paying less in taxes and can then hire more workers, pay them more, or make improvements that the business needs.

The workers of that small business will then have more personal income, greater job stability, and increased confidence. They'll then spend that money in the local economy, propping up other local businesses.

What a horrible story all around.

All of the money comes from somewhere. That somewhere is the deficit since Trump didn't cut spending. You're happy borrowing a little from the deficit while your company borrows 10x what employees get and distributes it to shareholders. It's not your company being generous with crumbs it's your company borrowing from future generations with no obligation to repay. They buy your support with the crumbs and you are too excited to notice.

All of the money comes from somewhere. That somewhere is the deficit since Trump didn't cut spending. You're happy borrowing a little from the deficit while your company borrows 10x what employees get and distributes it to shareholders. It's not your company being generous with crumbs it's your company borrowing from future generations with no obligation to repay. They buy your support with the crumbs and you are too excited to notice.

Borrowing a little?
A little?

LOL. Trump just mortgaged your children's future on the belief that these corporations, and their major shareholders, will invest that money back into the economy in the form of higher wages, more jobs on U.S. soil, better benefits, and returning money to the U.S. to pay U.S. taxes rather than hiding in offshore accounts... NONE of which has happened in the past when similar ponzi schemes have been adopted.

Actually that money comes from me. It’s my money; I earned it. The government is simply sucking less of it out of my paycheck.

You have a totally warped idea on how wealth is actually built and what it is

Here I was thinking I earned the money in my paycheck. How about the government spends less so I can keep even more of MY money.

Actually that money comes from me. It’s my money; I earned it. The government is simply sucking less of it out of my paycheck.

Here I was thinking I earned the money in my paycheck. How about the government spends less so I can keep even more of MY money.

JFC he's talking about the money from the deficit, you know the same deficit that is projected to grow to $30 trillion under Trump. You guys do know pretending to be stupid is not a good debate tactic. He literally said in his post the budget deficit.

JFC he's talking about the money from the deficit, you know the same deficit that is projected to grow to $30 trillion under Trump. You guys do know pretending to be stupid is not a good debate tactic. He literally said in his post the budget deficit.

JFC I wasn’t talking about that specifically yet he responded to it just the same. JFC maybe you and him should try reading what you respond to

JFC!!!!

I like how FC and Ninja have also both ignored the fact that we ran federal tax surpluses in January and February while at the same time declaring that we are already taking in less

I like how FC and Ninja have also both ignored the fact that we ran federal tax surpluses in January and February while at the same time declaring that we are already taking in less

2 months, congrats. You do know there are 12 months in a year, right?

Despite the monthly surplus of $49,236,000,000, the federal government is still running a deficit of approximately $175,718,000,000 for fiscal year 2018. That is because the government entered the month with a deficit of approximately $224,955,000,000.

However, despite the record tax collections so far this fiscal year, and despite the one-month surplus in January, the federal government is still running a cumulative deficit in this fiscal year of $175,718,000,000.

That is because while the Treasury was collecting its record $1,130,550,000,000 in taxes from October through January, it was spending $1,306,268,000,000.

The fact that you are trying to spin this deficit in a positive light really shows how amazingly biased you are.

Reactions: chemmie

Did you even read my post? I said the government should be spending less. Workers keeping more of the money they earned is not the cause of deficits.

85 is, once again, full of crap.

It is easy to always win arguments when you just write any old bullshit you feel like writing... (his point is correct, the where, when, why, and how, are what are completely misleading.)
https://www.cbo.gov/publication/53549

Despite the monthly surplus of $49,236,000,000, the federal government is still running a deficit of approximately $175,718,000,000 for fiscal year 2018. That is because the government entered the month with a deficit of approximately $224,955,000,000.

However, despite the record tax collections so far this fiscal year, and despite the one-month surplus in January, the federal government is still running a cumulative deficit in this fiscal year of $175,718,000,000.

That is because while the Treasury was collecting its record $1,130,550,000,000 in taxes from October through January, it was spending $1,306,268,000,000.

The fact that you are trying to spin this deficit in a positive light really shows how amazingly biased you are.
We only had a surplus because of the end of the months being on the weekend, it was a slight surplus, and had those extra days not been included the tax values would have been almost exactly the same (actually, slightly lower) than last year.

Once again, 85 is an idiot.

Did you even read my post? I said the government should be spending less. Workers keeping more of the money they earned is not the cause of deficits.

I do agree with the second part of your post, I'm all for tax cuts as long as an associated cut in govt spending is happening as well. This is not the case with our current budget.

We only had a surplus because of the end of the months being on the weekend, it was a slight surplus, and had those extra days not been included the tax values would have been almost exactly the same (actually, slightly lower) than last year.

Once again, 85 is an idiot.

Quoted for 85 to see it, and to see proof of your claim. Citation needed basically. But I have zero doubt 85 would bend or even break the truth (since he regularly does it) to make his "team" look like it's winning the politics race.

Maybe we should cut our defense budget that is more than the next 10 countries combined?

Nope. Republicans just voted and signed a huge increase in that.

LOL. Are you now blaming a spending bill that hasn’t even passed Congress yet for the EXISTING deficit? The one that was already projected based upon increased health care spending and entitlements?

Quoted for 85 to see it, and to see proof of your claim. Citation needed basically. But I have zero doubt 85 would bend or even break the truth (since he regularly does it) to make his "team" look like it's winning the politics race.

Speaking of bending the truth. Or perhaps avoiding it.

When can we expect the quotes from Bob to back up your claim that he wants to exterminate all Muslims?

Please Mr Integrity, we are still waiting

LOL. Are you now blaming a spending bill that hasn’t even passed Congress yet for the EXISTING deficit? The one that was already projected based upon increased health care spending and entitlements?
LOL!!!!

That is exactly what 85 did for the entire duration of the Obama presidency!!! LOL.

...and notice he still doesn't bother to comment on the, at least, 3 complete fabrications I have called him out for. He doesn't care. Truth doesn't matter to him.

Reactions: NinjaKnight
Speaking of bending the truth. Or perhaps avoiding it.

When can we expect the quotes from Bob to back up your claim that he wants to exterminate all Muslims?

Please Mr Integrity, we are still waiting

Lmao Jesus your deflections get more pathetic by the day. I've explained dozens of times how I will provide proof as soon as FNB provides proof of his ridiculous claim.

The only difference between you and me is you don't see me whining like a goddamn pathetic little bitch about it every two seconds. Unlike you, the unanimous whiniest little bitch of the cooler.

LOL!!!!

That is exactly what 85 did for the entire duration of the Obama presidency!!! LOL.

...and notice he still doesn't bother to comment on the, at least, 3 complete fabrications I have called him out for. He doesn't care. Truth doesn't matter to him.

Or (more likely) he's living up to his title as a the little bitch of the WC and still ignoring you. Because he's a snowflake.

Lmao Jesus your deflections get more pathetic by the day. I've explained dozens of times how I will provide proof as soon as FNB provides proof of his ridiculous claim.

The only difference between you and me is you don't see me whining like a goddamn pathetic little bitch about it every two seconds. Unlike you, the unanimous whiniest little bitch of the cooler.

Wow. I struck a nerve, that’s a really unhinged response.

You must know this is getting embarrassing for you.

Wow. I struck a nerve, that’s a really unhinged response.

You must know this is getting embarrassing for you.

Yes, me laughing at your stupidity is really striking a nerve.

I'll give you a hint what "striking a nerve" looks like: when someone starts telling multiple people to kill themselves like you have done multiple times on here. That's striking a nerve.

Yes, me laughing at your stupidity is really striking a nerve.

I'll give you a hint what "striking a nerve" looks like: when someone starts telling multiple people to kill themselves like you have done multiple times on here. That's striking a nerve.

Remember a few days ago when the entire board had a reset and agreed to be more civil? Everyone participated - except you. You continued throwing personal attacks and disgusting insults in the ongoing thread and had no apologies for it.

You really need to step away and come back calmer

I'm not a single issue voter. All policy positions are taken into account.
But this issue is the economy, Bob. This issue is pretty equal across the party platform, Bob, and likely the biggest issue of all.

So, why do you continue to vote for Republicans when you strongly believe spending should be decreased, and they are the ones who increase spending the most?

Remember a few days ago when the entire board had a reset and agreed to be more civil? Everyone participated - except you. You continued throwing personal attacks and disgusting insults in the ongoing thread and had no apologies for it.

You really need to step away and come back calmer

Funny you never called out FNB for his completely unwarranted attacks in the DNA thread that you commented in. Just another hypocritical post by you.

Don't let them derail this, Ninja. We have two buffoons here who don't know a thing about the economy, and keep voting for people who people who are destroying it for generations to come with their debt, spending, and tax cuts for people with already record-breaking wealth.

You pay that money for services you receive. Not paying that money and still receiving services is what we are doing now. Your children might care.

You pay that money for services you receive. Not paying that money and still receiving services is what we are doing now. Your children might care.

Which services would that be? My health insurance is with my company and private. I pay tons of local property taxes for services that I actually use, even if that includes decrepit public schools that I don’t use. No one in my family is on Social Security or Medicare or Medicaid.

I seem to be paying a whole lot for “services”, just nothing I ever see or benefit from.

But this issue is the economy, Bob. This issue is pretty equal across the party platform, Bob, and likely the biggest issue of all.

So, why do you continue to vote for Republicans when you strongly believe spending should be decreased, and they are the ones who increase spending the most?

What impact does the national debt have on the economy?

Which services would that be? My health insurance is with my company and private. I pay tons of local property taxes for services that I actually use, even if that includes decrepit public schools that I don’t use. No one in my family is on Social Security or Medicare or Medicaid.

I seem to be paying a whole lot for “services”, just nothing I ever see or benefit from.
The military. Your safety net. Whatever else. The point is that you may not agree with how it's spent but the budget went up under Trump and what you pay went down. Youre borrowing until republicans pass a budget that cuts services, which they did not do.

ADVERTISEMENT