ADVERTISEMENT

The Stock Market Thread: Where we blame everything we can except Trump. (Unless its going well)

What impact does the national debt have on the economy?
Is this a serious question? Where would you even start?

Inflation, interest rates, bond market, mortgage market, cost of funds for business lending it touches every aspect of economic life in America.

The military. Your safety net. Whatever else. The point is that you may not agree with how it's spent but the budget went up under Trump and what you pay went down. Youre borrowing until republicans pass a budget that cuts services, which they did not do.

Am I crazy or did the spending bill not pass with Schumer’s blessing and Democratic votes?

They get a pass here right?

I love how liberals are suddenly obsessed with the national debt.
Bob, the budget deficit went down significantly during Obama's presidency, and was in a surplus during Clinton's. The only people who dont care about debt are Republicans. This is also a factual statement that can be proven by visiting the link I posted previously.

Which services would that be? My health insurance is with my company and private. I pay tons of local property taxes for services that I actually use, even if that includes decrepit public schools that I don’t use. No one in my family is on Social Security or Medicare or Medicaid.

I seem to be paying a whole lot for “services”, just nothing I ever see or benefit from.
Really?

Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any stupider.

Am I crazy or did the spending bill not pass with Schumer’s blessing and Democratic votes?

They get a pass here right?
Really?

Republicans have control of every branch of government right now. You're seriously going to try this one?

I love how liberals are suddenly obsessed with the national debt.
I love how you keep voting for the people responsible for creating the largest deficits and spending the most.

So, why do you continue to vote for Republicans when you strongly believe spending should be decreased, and they are the ones who increase spending the most?

I do agree with the second part of your post, I'm all for tax cuts as long as an associated cut in govt spending is happening as well. This is not the case with our current budget.

I'm guessing you love Rick Scott then?

I love how you keep voting for the people responsible for creating the largest deficits and spending the most.

So, why do you continue to vote for Republicans when you strongly believe spending should be decreased, and they are the ones who increase spending the most?

What was the other choice?

I'm guessing you love Rick Scott then?

Rick Scott has been a tremendous Governor by most any standard yet he’s hated by liberals for a myriad of dumb reasons, and the fact that he had to cut spending when he first took office since FL was in a budget craphole.

Our state now has a booming economy, low unemployment, and a budget surplus.

He’s terrible.

Reactions: btbones
LOL!

Gotta love Poolside, our go to “pull liberal leaning random Tweets for the board” guy.

Tell me, has Jon Harwood done a similar tweet for every month since inauguration? If not, why? Hmm, I wonder.
posting facts isn’t posting partisan tweets.

When it comes to judging ANY President and the economy use large sample sizes(a quarter, year, 2 years). Not the day 2 day roller coaster

posting facts isn’t posting partisan tweets.

When it comes to judging ANY President and the economy use large sample sizes(a quarter, year, 2 years). Not the day 2 day roller coaster

Harwood is a documented partisan hack. I watch CNBC daily and they even joke about how ridiculous his “reports” are. My question stands- has Harwood done these types of comparisons before or did he just happen to do it today?

Harwood is a documented partisan hack. I watch CNBC daily and they even joke about how ridiculous his “reports” are. My question stands- has Harwood done these types of comparisons before or did he just happen to do it today?
You are assuming I know the political leanings of every person posting Dow numbers that show up on my timeline(I don’t). It’s a fair sample size for the current and last President.

You are assuming I know the political leanings of every person posting Dow numbers that show up on my timeline(I don’t). It’s a fair sample size for the current and last President.

Oh, ok. It’s just a fair timeline, even if totally arbitrary.

Got it

Got it
It wasn’t arbitrary at all. He took the bear market low on March 9, 2009 of 6507 and compared it to a year later at 10,624. Then if you look at the same weeks in the year of Trump, you get 20,903 and 25,336. So, roughly the same amount gained in an arbitrary slice of Trump’s presidency but what most likely represented the largest gain in Obama’s. Both were in the 4,000’s. But, of course, the percentages look so much juicier if you’re trying to spin.

And this .... is pushing political narratives ....and using stats/numbers to falsely prove your point ... it's a sign of the times.

Got it
Completely arbitrary...like picking the first two months of this year having a tax "surplus" to "prove" tax cuts are "working?"
Yes, all of those words deserve to be in quotations.

Completely arbitrary...like picking the first two months of this year having a tax "surplus" to "prove" tax cuts are "working?"
They passed in December and the news cycle moved on by March. You’re not making a good point here.

Lmao damn, gotta hand it to chemmie here, I understand why he has you on ignore. You just murdered him with words.

Lmao damn, gotta hand it to chemmie here, I understand why he has you on ignore. You just murdered him with words.

lol. Are you so desperate and incapable of making your own point that you're now purposely trying to throw out these pathetic ass pats to chemmie? I can see why you would have an affinity for him though, being that he's the only person on this board more heinous, hateful, and disgusting than you. You're almost there though.

Is this a serious question? Where would you even start?

Inflation, interest rates, bond market, mortgage market, cost of funds for business lending it touches every aspect of economic life in America.

That's weird. We doubled the national debt over the last ten years and have had extremely low inflation, 0% fed rates until recently, record low bond and mortgage rates, practically free money for consumer loans and businesses. Would you like to try again?

Really?

Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any stupider.

So no data points, or facts?

need to vote out all the incumbents and put new people in dc. the tax cut was great, but with the budget passed, it seems stupid. we shouldve seen massive cuts in the budget instead it was increased.

Reactions: Bob the Citronaut
lol. Are you so desperate and incapable of making your own point that you're now purposely trying to throw out these pathetic ass pats to chemmie? I can see why you would have an affinity for him though, being that he's the only person on this board more heinous, hateful, and disgusting than you. You're almost there though.

Please post one hateful, disgusting or henious thing I've said. Direct quotes please.

I can think of a few from you. You have told multiple people to kill themselves. You've Facebook stalked board members wives.

Please post one hateful, disgusting or henious thing I've said. Direct quotes please.

I can think of a few from you. You have told multiple people to kill themselves. You've Facebook stalked board members wives.

Why are you dodging my question? You lying piece of shit. And are you smart enough to understand the difference between computer trading and algorithmic mechanical trading (which is what the op stated). Nice attempt at moving the goalposts.

Also why do you want to exterminate all Muslims? You racist POS.

I've explained a thousand times, I'll post a quote of you when you post a quote of me on china being a free market economy. You've been saying it for months. Are you going to admit you made that up and you actually are a lying piece of shit? Because that's what all the evidence points to, you can't make a valid point on your own so you have to lie about things I've said.

That's weird. We doubled the national debt over the last ten years and have had extremely low inflation, 0% fed rates until recently, record low bond and mortgage rates, practically free money for consumer loans and businesses. Would you like to try again?

So no data points, or facts?
It's all about bond yields. We've been trending up and an increasing national debt compounds the problem. That's why mortgage rates are 4.5 and not 3.5 like they were 2 years ago.

It's all about bond yields. We've been trending up and an increasing national debt compounds the problem. That's why mortgage rates are 4.5 and not 3.5 like they were 2 years ago.

Bond yields and mortgage rates need to go up. They've been artificially low for too long. Their rise is not tied to the national debt, it is the Fed raising rates which they should be doing.

Reactions: UCFBS
Did I say something that was wrong or that you disagree with?
it doesn't really matter, Bob. You wouldn't understand even if I explained it to you. And, if you did understand, you couldn't bring yourself to admit how wrong you are.

So, just keep voting for those Republicans who drive up deficits, spend too much, and give tax breaks to people who are already achieving record wealth and taking record amounts in free loans. Just don't ever believe you have any idea about economics, because you don't.

it doesn't really matter, Bob. You wouldn't understand even if I explained it to you. And, if you did understand, you couldn't bring yourself to admit how wrong you are.

So, just keep voting for those Republicans who drive up deficits, spend too much, and give tax breaks to people who are already achieving record wealth and taking record amounts in free loans. Just don't ever believe you have any idea about economics, because you don't.

"I'm out of my league so I'm going to complain about rich people again".

crickets.gif

I love hearing FNB try to regurgitate last night's Fox News financial talking points. The same guy who actually thought I would say China is a free market economy. Seriously bob can you just answer the question: were you intentionally lying about that or just that ignorant?

"I'm out of my league so I'm going to complain about rich people again".
Nah, Bob. It is just that you aren't very smart, and you manage to boil things down to dumbass arguments like what you have written in this post instead of realizing that the product of all of your posts reveals a lot about your knowledge of the situation. You don't like government spending, but you vote for the biggest spenders. You don't like debt and deficits, but you vote for the people who have created the largest deficits. You want the Feds to raise interest rates, but you fail to acknowledge whom has benefited the most from those low rates, and you believe those same people also need large tax cuts that will create trillions more in debt.

You just aren't too smart, Bob. I'm sorry.

ADVERTISEMENT