ADVERTISEMENT

The Stock Market Thread: Where we blame everything we can except Trump. (Unless its going well)

Nah, Bob. It is just that you aren't very smart, and you manage to boil things down to dumbass arguments like what you have written in this post instead of realizing that the product of all of your posts reveals a lot about your knowledge of the situation. You don't like government spending, but you vote for the biggest spenders. You don't like debt and deficits, but you vote for the people who have created the largest deficits. You want the Feds to raise interest rates, but you fail to acknowledge whom has benefited the most from those low rates, and you believe those same people also need large tax cuts that will create trillions more in debt.

You just aren't too smart, Bob. I'm sorry.

That's a really long post to just whine some more about evil rich people.

Here's the thing, and I warned about this weeks ago with the new tax code ...

The market often goes back up because companies borrow, and buy back their stock, increasing the price for their shareholders. The new tax code makes it costly for companies to hold a lot of debt, including borrowing to buy back their stock.

I was up earlier this morning, and several, financial publications were talking about the latest round of stock buybacks being less than expected. I don't think people realize, that's because of the new tax code.

It's the one thing I wanted to see in the new tax code, stop rewarding companies that borrow heavily, often to just boost their own stock price. I fully expect this to be a continuing issue going forward, and not good for the market ...

In the short-term. Long-term, it's really what we need.

Bond yields and mortgage rates need to go up. They've been artificially low for too long. Their rise is not tied to the national debt, it is the Fed raising rates which they should be doing.
Exactly, and in fact, can be beneficial to the debt too!

I.e., reducing spending, so we're not borrowing as much, and letting the dollar inflate, including interest rates, makes the existing debt less costly, while not as much new debt is taken on.

This is what helped us in the '70s and by the early '80s. We really need to bite down hard and recognize we need to go through this type of inflation and resulting debt reduction all over again.

Christ you are so partisan it is pathetic. No one said anything about the S&P.

https://www.thestreet.com/video/14545188/dow-plunges-almost-500-points-at-market-open.html

https://www.nbcnews.com/business/ma...most-500-points-after-china-hits-back-n862666

Dow opens down almost 500 points after China hits back with new round of tariffs

LMAO

You do realize that the Dow and S&P are both markets right? And the S&P is the more telling market since it has.........500 companies instead of 30?

PS- the Dow is currently down just 115 points. Are you aware that markets move throughout the day? You're linking to stories that are obsolete.

LMAO

You do realize that the Dow and S&P are both markets right? And the S&P is the more telling market since it has.........500 companies instead of 30?

PS- the Dow is currently down just 115 points. Are you aware that markets move throughout the day? You're linking to stories that are obsolete.

Again I have to get out the crayons for you and Bob.

The Dow opened low today, because of threats of tariffs going both ways.

I posted about how the market took a dive this morning.

You replied with a completely pointless post just to see "your side" win. Everyone here knows how pathetic of an attempt to deflect it was.

Again I have to get out the crayons for you and Bob.

The Dow opened low today, because of threats of tariffs going both ways.

I posted about how the market took a dive this morning.

You replied with a completely pointless post just to see "your side" win. Everyone here knows how pathetic of an attempt to deflect it was.

Hmm. Let me get this straight.

You posted around 11:30 when the markets were barely even in negative territory, linking to a tweet from Trump and calling him an idiot, saying something dumb about computers again which implies you thought the markets were actually tanked still, and now you're linking to a story about what the markets did hours ago that is no longer relevant to cover your ass.

And you're calling US the partisan ones? LOL. You attempted to make a cheap political insult on Trump and now you look dumb for what you said. Just admit it.

The only one who looks dumb is the copernicus inventing stories about computers tanking the stock market.

Good job completely ignoring the idiotic tweet btw, conveinently just going to ignore that.

The only one who looks dumb is the copernicus inventing stories about computers tanking the stock market.

Good job completely ignoring the idiotic tweet btw, conveinently just going to ignore that.

Unlike you avoiding things for months on end, I'll actually address the irrelevant tweet that you've made a big deal of.

He's talking about the trade deficit with China. Which is actually larger than $500B. There were rumblings of a "trade war" looming with China; what he's attempting to say is that we've effectively already lost. Our trade deficit has grown for years with absolutely nothing done about it, they illegally subsidize their industry, they illegally dump product here, they violate WTO rules, and worse they steal our Intellectual Property.

Whether or not his tweet was clearly written, I don't know or care. I listened to CNBC from 5 am until 7:30 am this morning and this is exactly the context of the tweet.

I know you'll ignore this and call me some insult but there you go.

He's talking about the trade deficit with China. Which is actually larger than $500B.

Well, shocker you are wrong again. It was $375 Billion for China for 2017.

Source: https://www.census.gov/foreign-trade/balance/c5700.html

I know you'll ignore this and call me some insult but there you go.

And of course you are wrong here yet again. You are one always throwing around pathetic insults, after I prove you are posting out of your ass

Reactions: UCFBS
I honestly don't think this will last.

Investors are wondering why companies aren't buying back as much stock. It has everything to do with the new tax code. Borrowing to raise stock price is no longer viable.

Dow is nearly up 100 points now. Thanks President Trump!

KOG0zn.gif

LOL. So you focus on one line, tell yourself you're right, and ignore the entire rest of the post. Amazing.

Why do you just make up shit? I just called you out for pure bullshit made up info like you do every day, and you just ignore it.

LOL. So you focus on one line, tell yourself you're right, and ignore the entire rest of the post. Amazing.
Yep, pretty much what he does. That's why he questions things because misses when people like you and I say exactly what he asks, later, in a much earlier post. ;)

Unlike you avoiding things for months on end, I'll actually address the irrelevant tweet that you've made a big deal of.

Bravo post for the day. Market finishes up 1%.

Fun fact kids: markets sometimes don't finish the way they open!

The irony of you flat out ignoring me calling you out on more bullshit (We do not have a $500+ Billion trade deficit with china) is just amazing.

No wonder you defend trump to the death, both of you spout out completely wrong bullshit/straight up lies.

Better watch out 85, Ninja is getting pretty agitated. He's going to say you want to exterminate all Chinese people pretty soon.

Aww, little bobby trying to help out his buddy. So cute that you need to lie again to try to make a point for someone else.

Btw you never did answer my question about China and the free market economy: were you lying about that or did you actually think that was the truth. Either way it says a lot about you as a person.

I've provided your quote quite a few times, no reason to embarrass you over it again.

So straight up lying it is. Wow. I guess I was correct calling you a lying piece of shit, you aren't even trying to hide it.

Says a lot about you, you can't debate your beliefs without resorting to lying.

I'm really not surprised that you think a blatantly obvious pathetic deflection of a post is impressive given your incredible lack of debate skills and how badly you were embarrassed talking about rifles vs. pistols

I'm really not surprised that you think a blatantly obvious pathetic deflection of a post is impressive given your incredible lack of debate skills and how badly you were embarrassed talking about rifles vs. pistols
Dude, it was just damn funny ...

"Better watch out 85 ... going to say you want to exterminate all Chinese people pretty soon."

When you actually come up with something that witty about me, I laugh.

But lately, you're just trolling me and not bothering to read anything I say. Like the kid who asks the teacher a question just after she gave the answer. You have no interest in paying attention.

Which severely limits you from landing witty blows.

I'm glad it's getting under your skin every time I call you out. ;)

Called out on what? You making up stuff to try and prove your asinine point?

Btw still waiting for a single shred of evidence. Surprised you've been able to manage to type a full novel yet not cite a single source.

I love when Ninja blows his load and makes a post prematurely thinking he’s being witty and it blows up in his face.

I love when Ninja blows his load and makes a post prematurely thinking he’s being witty and it blows up in his face.

I love when you follow your four step arguing process to a T. Tell us more about this over $500 billion trade deficit that you and Trump both think we have with China.

I love when you follow your four step arguing process to a T. Tell us more about this over $500 billion trade deficit that you and Trump both think we have with China.

CAPTAIN- INITIATE DEFENSE MEASURES. DEFLECT DEFLECT!

CAPTAIN- INITIATE DEFENSE MEASURES. DEFLECT DEFLECT!

Holy hell you are the one deflecting from your pathetic lie.

Which was it by the way, did you knowingly say the wrong number in a pathetic attempt to justify Trump's insane tweet? Or are you just ignorant and post random shit without looking it up?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT