ADVERTISEMENT

Confirmed: Marijuana 2nd hand smoke is really bad for you too

UCFKnight85

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 6, 2003
A few hippie talking points died a rough death this week.

A scientific study showed that not only is 2nd hand marijuana smoke just as bad for your lungs as tobacco cigarette smoke, it actually takes your lungs 3x as long to recover from marijuana smoke as they do with tobacco smoke.

They also concluded that the "active ingredient" argument used to claim that marijuana is not as harmful to you is nonsense. Smoke is smoke and it damages the lungs and internal organs just the same.

The next time some stoner lights up next to you and tells you how harmless weed is, just remember that your lugs are being abused 3x worse than they would with a cigarette.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health...ndhand-marijuana-smoke-early-science-says-yes

It's inhaling smoke, of course it's bad for you. Still no reason for it to be a Schedule 1 drug. No reason for it to be illegal either.

Tax it. I'm fine with that.

kyoasVp.jpg

It's inhaling smoke, of course it's bad for you. Still no reason for it to be a Schedule 1 drug. No reason for it to be illegal either.

Tax it. I'm fine with that.

I don't really care if it's legal or not. It wasn't the subject of the story that I linked.

However, the "legalize it!" crowd HAS for a long time now tried to assure everyone that it's not as harmful as cigarettes. In many cases these people try to assert that marijuana isn't even harmful at all.

As for "tax the crap out of it!"- why? If it's supposedly safe enough for general purpose usage, then why would making it unaffordable for lower and middle income people be good?

However, the "legalize it!" crowd HAS for a long time now tried to assure everyone that it's not as harmful as cigarettes. In many cases these people try to assert that marijuana isn't even harmful at all.
It's less harmful in most ways, but not all. I've been a huge fan of extraction and pill-based.

In any case, I'm against 2nd hand smoke because to pushes the drug on to people who choose not to smoke it. We ended up with smoke-free establishments because they failed to ensure proper separation and ventilation.

still needs to be removed from schedule 1. then let the states decide how they want to handle it. im a fan of taxing the hell out of it
As for "tax the crap out of it!"- why? If it's supposedly safe enough for general purpose usage, then why would making it unaffordable for lower and middle income people be good?
Hasn't stopped the statistics on smokers in the lower income brackets, so why would it on weed either?

Legalize it all. End the War on Drugs. Enforce responsibility on people. No more excuses.

ok Jeff Sessions
I take a lot of issue with AG Sessions, but there's one thing he's got 100% right. If you want him to stop enforcing the law, change the damn law.

I'm so tired of Progressives and the US media on that point. Change the damn law, don't argue not to enforce something. But nope, they love their 'special interest' and 'selective enforcement.'

To me, 'selective enforcement' is the #1 inequality in the US right here, right now. The sad thing is that African-Americans understand this best too. No one cares about gang violence and guns, but the second a white school gets shot up ... oh yeah.

The sadder things is ... if you look at the details of either case, it's never been legal gun ownership. African-Americans know this because gangs don't get them from even straw purchasers, but they are stolen (including from law enforcement), or even moved across borders.

I hang around with actual marijuana smokers and I can't even remember the last time I was subjected to second hand smoke from them. I guess all of the stoners just like to walk up next to 85 while he's having his fancy dinner at Cheesecake Factory and light up a blunt.

I hang around with actual marijuana smokers and I can't even remember the last time I was subjected to second hand smoke from them. I guess all of the stoners just like to walk up next to 85 while he's having his fancy dinner at Cheesecake Factory and light up a blunt.
Ummm, no, sorry, disagree ... utterly disagree.

I'm just glad when I hit the Deadmou5 concert in NYC after the NIT game, I wasn't getting tested in the next few months. I would have seriously failed. And yes, after 2 hours -- not 2 minutes -- at a concert, THC is going to show up in it.

Had the super-muchies after. ;)

I've never done weed or smoked anything. But I'm so tired of running into it, second-hand. I'd like a choice in my employment dismissal, thank you very much.

Ummm, no, sorry, disagree ... utterly disagree.

I'm just glad when I hit the Deadmou5 concert in NYC after the NIT game, I wasn't getting tested in the next few months. I would have seriously failed. And yes, after 2 hours -- not 2 minutes -- at a concert, THC is going to show up in it.

Had the super-muchies after. ;)

I've never done weed or smoked anything. But I'm so tired of running into it, second-hand. I'd like a choice in my employment dismissal, thank you very much.

Done weed. LAWL.

Also, just cause you smell it doesn’t mean you’re inhaling it.

Even if you actually smoked it, your chance of popping on a test is small if you don't do it regularly. You ain't popping from second hand at a dumbass concert.

Done weed. LAWL.
Yes, I'm that innocent! I've never drank in my life either.

So laugh all you want. But you don't work in select financial and "other" installations like I have without some seriously deep background checks.

FYI, have you ever heard of a "Lifestyle" background check? There's a reason they prefer lifelong, practicing Mormons. It comes up in the media every now and then, on why so many practicing Mormons work in select "jobs."

BTW, I'm not a Mormon. Even though I play one in some people's minds. ;)

Also, just cause you smell it doesn’t mean you’re inhaling it.
Uh.... want to reconsider that last statement?
Even if you actually smoked it, your chance of popping on a test is small if you don't do it regularly. You ain't popping from second hand at a dumbass concert.
Seriously!

Remember, not everyone just gets some 'random drug screening' where an independent party 'sets the bar.' The 'level' some entities use is much, much lower than legally allowed.

FYI, just like a polygraph is not legally allowed or admissable. Get it?! ;)

It would have been one thing had I been there only 5-10 minutes. But after a couple of hours, we all were experiencing the effects. It was the first time I had ever experienced those as I've never done drugs. My wife confirmed it. And, again, I had a serious case of the munchies like I had never had before after.

I have been through Amsterdam at night, and that just made me sick. I didn't get enough in brief exposures to accumulate anything. But damn if I didn't seriously have some effects after that concert.

BTW, ever have the "hair test" done? I have. They can go back more than a year, but are usually limited -- legally -- to 3-12 months, depending on the locale. And, again, they can set different 'levels' than some random drug screening or other legally allowed/admissible levels.

Which means 'sheltered' and 'innocent' goes both ways. ;)

Last edited:
I hate the smell of weed, even though I've smoked it in the past. Edible is so much better. But I honestly don't care enough to go looking for it. It's never really done much for me. Not a surprise that a study found these results.

I hate the smell of weed, even though I've smoked it in the past. Edible is so much better. But I honestly don't care enough to go looking for it. It's never really done much for me. Not a surprise that a study found these results.
Which is why I want more research into the pills and edibles. There are real, everyday uses for a good percentage of Americans.

Sigh ... sometimes I think people are very poor at picking their battles.

I know you think so. It's the reason you found it necessary to stalk me on Facebook and comment with garbage on almost every post I made.

Holy shit he did the same thing to me too until I unfriended him!

Wow, death threats and stalking, this is getting out of hand. what in the actual fuk.

Holy shit he did the same thing to me too until I unfriended him!

Wow, death threats and stalking, this is getting out of hand. what in the actual fuk.

God, you are one sick individual. Find one screen shot of me ever posting on your pathetic Facebook page. Go on, you fuking liar.

You’re honestly a deranged psychopath

God, you are one sick individual. Find one screen shot of me ever posting on your pathetic Facebook page. Go on, you fuking liar.

You’re honestly a deranged psychopath

Lying sack of shit.

You know damn well I unfriended you years ago because of your immature shit on Facebook, why the hell would I take a screenshot of that.

You are taking this way too far. Wtf is wrong with you.

Lying sack of shit.

You know damn well I unfriended you years ago because of your immature shit on Facebook, why the hell would I take a screenshot of that.

You are taking this way too far. Wtf is wrong with you.

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE

you fuking nut! That’s how I am sure I never wrote on your wall. Jesus Christ you have issues

I DONT EVEN KNOW WHO YOU ARE

you fuking nut! That’s how I am sure I never wrote on your wall. Jesus Christ you have issues

I never said you wrote on my wall, but you did harass me through insane political comments which is why I unfriended you. Evidently you've done it to a lot of people if you can't remember doing it to me in particular.

Holy shit you have issues. Way too far.

Reactions: sirdingydang
I never said you wrote on my wall, but you did harass me through insane political comments which is why I unfriended you. Evidently you've done it to a lot of people if you can't remember doing it to me in particular.

Holy shit you have issues. Way too far.

LMAOOOOO!!!!!!

When you’re not too busy spewing invented stories here, care to go to the thread demanding you explain for your claim that Bob wants to exterminate Muslims?

LMAOOOOO!!!!!!

When you’re not too busy spewing invented stories here, care to go to the thread demanding you explain for your claim that Bob wants to exterminate Muslims?

JFC what a pathetic attempt at a deflection. What is wrong with you. How many other people are you stalking and threatening?

Anyone else been cyber stalked by 85? Death threats and cyber stalking, you have issues man.

Anyone else been cyber stalked by 85? Death threats and cyber stalking, you have issues man.

Have you been drinking again? Do you need help?

I ask since I have no goddamn idea who you are, yet you went ultra snowflake last night and pretended like I wrote on your “wall”. LMAO

Honestly, I’ve seen sad stuff on this board but this is now pyschopathic. I question your ability to understand what’s real and what’s not.

Don’t you think it’s about time you took time off here? You’ve gone absolutely insane and have resorted to claiming Bob wants to exterminate Muslims, while avoiding taking responsibility for over a month now.

Have you been drinking again? Do you need help?

I ask since I have no goddamn idea who you are, yet you went ultra snowflake last night and pretended like I wrote on your “wall”. LMAO

Honestly, I’ve seen sad stuff on this board but this is now pyschopathic. I question your ability to understand what’s real and what’s not.

Don’t you think it’s about time you took time off here? You’ve gone absolutely insane and have resorted to claiming Bob wants to exterminate Muslims, while avoiding taking responsibility for over a month now.

FFS I literally said you never wrote on my wall, why are you still lying. You did Facebook stalk me and evidently others, and make death threats on here.

FFS I literally said you never wrote on my wall, why are you still lying. You did Facebook stalk me and evidently others, and make death threats on here.

You’re insane dude. And I think you’re hammered.

You’re insane dude. And I think you’re hammered.

Luckily, the facts don't give a shit what you think. Multiple people have called you out for this insane stalking and harrasment, and given your past behavior on here of death threats and lying it probably doesn't surprise anyone.

Luckily, the facts don't give a shit what you think. Multiple people have called you out for this insane stalking and harrasment, and given your past behavior on here of death threats and lying it probably doesn't surprise anyone.

LOL. Ok, psycho.

Coming from the nutjob who is sure that Bob wants to exterminate Muslims, and totally avoids the thread demanding you to answer for it.

Please put down the booze. You’re already crazy enough without it.

LOL. Ok, psycho.

Coming from the nutjob who is sure that Bob wants to exterminate Muslims, and totally avoids the thread demanding you to answer for it.

Please put down the booze. You’re already crazy enough without it.

More obvious and pathetic attempts at deflection. How many others have you been harrasing on Facebook? Telling people to kill themselves on there?

More obvious and pathetic attempts at deflection. How many others have you been harrasing on Facebook? Telling people to kill themselves on there?

Is there a reason you can’t click the other thead to own your insane, psychotic claims?

ADVERTISEMENT