ADVERTISEMENT

Congrats Memphis

The Knightman Cometh

Bronze Knight
Oct 31, 2012
Washington, DC
Took a few days to settle down but congrats to Memphis and their fans. Been wanting to say that for years now. We've lost some tough games against Temple, Houston, Tulsa, and even usf, but never Memphis and we've had some super close, chest-pain-induced games against them. Everytime we've escape with a W against Memphis, I've felt for their fans...year after year, especially on championship games. I'm the last person happy about this loss, but if we had to lose a game, I'm happy it was finally to them.

Honestly, the last time I was there, their fans acted like low class POS. It would have been nice to hurt them as bad as ever with that kick and end Brady White’s season basically

Reactions: mattropolis
As much as I enjoy beating Memphis, I've rooted for them when they don't play us for a while now. I've been a big Penny fan since a kid and I always pulled for them during March Madness when we were conference mates in C-USA. Good post.

2018? Not a chance
Wow. You're right. I didn't realize they dropped that many games in 2018. Our game was still tight so I figured they were the typical 9-10 win team on the outside looking in. Two of those losses were to UCF. They played us in the AAC title game. They probably still minimally win the conference if we didn't exist.

Last edited:
I agree. My dad and I went to the 2018 Memphis game and I was super impressed by how low-class many of their fans were. It was shocking.
They were pretty bad, as I was there as well. But still, congrats to them.

Honestly, the last time I was there, their fans acted like low class POS. It would have been nice to hurt them as bad as ever with that kick and end Brady White’s season basically
It is sad how many times I hear this about UCF fans on others message boards...

ADVERTISEMENT