ADVERTISEMENT

Conservative Joe Manchin

They did the exact same thing Pelosi did in 2016 and continued for 4 years. Hell, she even used the documents they paid for that contained information that some guy heard from a guy that was told by another guy that they may or may not be true. The republicans also added some really crazies, so hold on for the dumbest four years of American political comedy ever.

They did the exact same thing Pelosi did in 2016 and continued for 4 years.
I could have sworn that the ceremonial EC vote in Congress back in 2016 was unanimous.
The republicans also added some really crazies, so hold on for the dumbest four years of American political comedy ever.
They may be subtracting some of those Republican crazies too once the investigation of the January 6th attack is completed. It sure is looking like somebody in Congress was giving some of those 'freedom fighters' a grand tour of the Capitol building the day before the riot.

I could have sworn that the ceremonial EC vote in Congress back in 2016 was unanimous.
They may be subtracting some of those Republican crazies too once the investigation of the January 6th attack is completed. It sure is looking like somebody in Congress was giving some of those 'freedom fighters' a grand tour of the Capitol building the day before the riot.
I thought the only way to get a tour of the capital was through your congressman.
And this is what I was talking about:

I thought the only way to get a tour of the capital was through your congressman.
Exactly right — and even those were outlawed during Covid. So it will be interesting what the authorities learn about what was going on the day before the vote.

Regarding Pelosi, I agree that was an over-the-top tweet. There was wide spread concern over Russian election interference, but only the most radical thought it swayed the election. For all of that tweet’s bluster, I don’t recall any effort to overturn the 2016 results. Clinton conceded, President Obama invited Trump (the man who led the effort to delegitimize his presidency) to visit him in the WH, there were no court challenges in tight State races, and the EC votes were certified with no trouble.

But, as with everything, the Republicans used language like Pelosi’s to ‘justify’ what they’ve done. And BTW, if there was nothing to the whole Russian collusion business, why did the go-between between the Trump campaign and Russian-backed Wikileaks, Roger Stone, get pardoned?

Exactly right — and even those were outlawed during Covid. So it will be interesting what the authorities learn about what was going on the day before the vote.

Regarding Pelosi, I agree that was an over-the-top tweet. There was wide spread concern over Russian election interference, but only the most radical thought it swayed the election. For all of that tweet’s bluster, I don’t recall any effort to overturn the 2016 results. Clinton conceded, President Obama invited Trump (the man who led the effort to delegitimize his presidency) to visit him in the WH, there were no court challenges in tight State races, and the EC votes were certified with no trouble.

But, as with everything, the Republicans used language like Pelosi’s to ‘justify’ what they’ve done. And BTW, if there was nothing to the whole Russian collusion business, why did the go-between between the Trump campaign and Russian-backed Wikileaks, Roger Stone, get pardoned?
I’m not defending Roger Stone. Who knows what that guy did? He is dirtier than a reusable condom. He’s a trickster dandy with a lot of skeletons in the closet and digs the swinger lifestyle. He did start the Stop the Steal movement in 2016 and told Alex Jones that he had proof that North Korean boats had delivered ballots through a harbor in Maine (maybe he was joking?). The guy is a legend at being full of shite and no president should count him as an ally.

I’ve heard that Cruz wanted to call an emergency investigation of the election. A transparent and open investigation of the thousands of complaints, sworn affidavits, statistical anomalies, ballot harvesting allegations and whatever else, would have been prudent although ill-timed. Evidence was never allowed in court, no real investigation ever took place and complaints were ignored. if they can’t prove fraud, then it will be there for anyone to see. Just telling the media to repeat that there is no fraud and ignoring millions of people, is tough for people to swallow and it’s a bad look for an incoming regime.

I’m not defending Roger Stone. Who knows what that guy did? He is dirtier than a reusable condom.
We totally agree on this guy.
I’ve heard that Cruz wanted to call an emergency investigation of the election.
If you listened to Ted Cruz's argument for voting against blessing the EC vote, he was VERY CAREFUL about how he phrased it. He said that there has been wide-spread allegations of voter fraud. Did he mention the allegations came from the POTUS and his enablers in Congress and the conservative media? Did he offer ANY proof? No. He said we should stop it because one side thinks fraud must have occurred.

In a national election where nearly 150 million people voted, it seems to me that in the weeks following the election that SOME ACTUAL EVIDENCE of massive voter fraud took place would have been uncovered, right? Yet somehow - amazingly - after recounts, and audits, and 60-ish court challenges, it was never uncovered?

"Only the most radical thought it swayed the election", but an investigation led to arrests.

Well right now only the most radical think voter fraud swayed the election. I wonder if we had an investigation now, how many people would be arrested.

Well right now only the most radical think voter fraud swayed the election. I wonder if we had an investigation now, how many people would be arrested.
There WAS an investigation. Bill Barr -- Trump's own hand-picked Attorney General -- said that there was NOTHING that the Department of Justice could find that would change the results of the election. Trump's own cyber-security chief said last November's election was the most secure in American history!

This whole thing is the Right's ham-handed way of 'one-upping' the Democrats' concern over the Russian hacking in 2016. The only difference is that there was actual evidence of Russian interference in 2016 and zero evidence of massive voter fraud in 2020.

There WAS an investigation. Bill Barr -- Trump's own hand-picked Attorney General -- said that there was NOTHING that the Department of Justice could find that would change the results of the election. Trump's own cyber-security chief said last November's election was the most secure in American history!

This whole thing is the Right's ham-handed way of 'one-upping' the Democrats' concern over the Russian hacking in 2016. The only difference is that there was actual evidence of Russian interference in 2016 and zero evidence of massive voter fraud in 2020.
Yeah, about that whole "most secure election ever" thing.

Yeah, about that whole "most secure election ever" thing.
There's a certain irony in stories like this one. Does this mean that THIS TIME, Moscow Mitch and his Senate Republicans will actually support efforts to tighten our election security?

There's a certain irony in stories like this one. Does this mean that THIS TIME, Moscow Mitch and his Senate Republicans will actually support efforts to tighten our election security?
Are we going to investigate it this time?

ADVERTISEMENT