ADVERTISEMENT

CONVERSATION w/ UCF Knights DB William Wells: "Championship is the goal."

ucf1

Bronze Knight
Gold Member
Dec 17, 2001
The UCF defense knows they will need to be improved from the 2023 season. To a man, the Knights are ready for that challenge, and as DB William Wells shares, championships are the goal.

Click here for the conversation.

The UCF defense knows they will need to be improved from the 2023 season. To a man, the Knights are ready for that challenge, and as DB William Wells shares, championships are the goal.

Click here for the conversation.

Maybe after the season, I would love to get a companion and contrast of the three staffs (Frost, Heupel, and Gus) from the fifth year+ guys. In an earlier interview, Alec Holler was surprisingly complimentary of Huepel once he was out from under Gus's staff.

It will be interesting to see whether David Gibbs accepts a role as a defensive analyst at UCF. Having a coach of Gibbs' stature continuing to mentor Addison Williams, especially given the elite passing offenses UCF is slated to face, would be huge for the Knights. It would also keep Gibbs around his wife and son Hudson in Orlando.

Reactions: ucf1
Well at least we all got the "Championship is the goal" that comes out every year. Is a lot better than hey we play in the MAC.

As for players' opinions on coaches, have we ever got a real opinion. "Hey, he got me to give 110%, here's a funny story that he allows me to tell....... blah blah blah." It would be earth shattering to get a real opinion from a sports player. Either way, most losses goes to Malzahn, tho he's got 1 year in a much better conference and did well/mediocre.

Maybe after the season, I would love to get a companion and contrast of the three staffs (Frost, Heupel, and Gus) from the fifth year+ guys. In an earlier interview, Alec Holler was surprisingly complimentary of Huepel once he was out from under Gus's staff.

It will be interesting to see whether David Gibbs accepts a role as a defensive analyst at UCF. Having a coach of Gibbs' stature continuing to mentor Addison Williams, especially given the elite passing offenses UCF is slated to face, would be huge for the Knights. It would also keep Gibbs around his wife and son Hudson in Orlando.
He also gets most losses to Navy. That should dump him fully into the Hall of Shame.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT