ADVERTISEMENT

Cop slaps homeless guy--gets suspended

Maybe some of the older guys might be able to comment on this. I heard back in the day cops were referred to as peace keepers (or something similar) and now they are referred to law enforcement officers. The way they conduct themselves today certainly has an us vs them feel to it. It seems like more often than not they rush to use force.

I can't see the video but he was trespassing for goodness sake. I bet he wasn't being respectful either.

In the old days, it was, run from the cops you are going to catch a beating when they catch up with you. Shoot at the cops and it was end of story.

Cops used to carry these things: http://www.armynavyusa.com/Rothco-Leather-Slapper-With-Hand-Thong-p/RTC-10076.htm?gclid=CjwKEAiAgranBRDitfSQk_P7vnMSJAAhx5G5AEpz-nqKX_OEZbQI014lq49eW8IdB_AYqVeAgxcBLxoC2r7w_wcB

People complained less about the cops and either feared them or at the very least respected them.

My wife's dad was one of those cops. When he died, there were 2 groups in attendance at both his wake and funeral. The cops and the crooks. Both paid their respects. That was 20 years ago. I doubt that would happen these days.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT