ADVERTISEMENT

Cops shot in Dallas

Obviously we are not taking away US citizens, but there has to be changes. It shouldn't be that overwhelming statistics on these violent crime numbers. Like I said BLM doesn't care unless it is a non-black involved which is really statistically rare. What can be done? Better education? Broken Homes? Gang culture? Liberals holding them back? Seems like it isn't getting better and actually worse under this regime.
How would the anti-blacks and anti-BLM people like you and skate fix it.

chief-david-brown.jpg

Ouch! Dallas Police Chief just called out the farce of BLM..many who are protesting how there are not enough minority and/or non-racist cops on their force...Dallas Chief just told ALL of them during a Press Conf today: "Our department is hiring...please fill out an application and be a part of the solution".

First 2 hours after the announcement: Zero new applications.

chief-david-brown.jpg

Ouch! Dallas Police Chief just called out the farce of BLM..many who are protesting how there are not enough minority and/or non-racist cops on their force...Dallas Chief just told ALL of them during a Press Conf today: "Our department is hiring...please fill out an application and be a part of the solution".

First 2 hours after the announcement: Zero new applications.

Here is the page.
https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/dallas/jobs/1395634/police-officer-trainee-fy16-q3

How would the anti-blacks and anti-BLM people like you and skate fix it.
Ok, you're calling me a racist then. Know I know where to take the line of conversation.

I find this line of "reasoning" from you extremely offensive; I am not, nor will I ever be, anti-black. It is not "anti-black" to point out statistics that are relevant to the conversation. Although I did relate them to statistics that pro-BLM posters have posted, I did not ever use them to draw an anti-black rationale. You labeled me a racist in order to deflect a full and rational discussion of the issues. This board is not an echo chamber for your liberal biases. I am going to challenge you when you are not presenting the entire story, and throwing out comments like yours reveals the content of your character and your position, not mine.

I am anti-BLM because I believe that it is an astro-turf organization that has built its message on a pack of lies. I agree with the El Paso chief of police who characterized BLM as a radical hate group. How can any of you rightfully align yourselves with a group that chants "pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon" and call yourself compassionate citizens? A group whose followers cheer at the murder of police in Dallas. A group that perpetuates the lie that police (white police) are actively hunting down innocent black people. The organization is funded by liberal groups and corporations who want to appear to be doing a social justice and somehow give a pass to what BLM actually says and the violence that ensues at so many rallies attended to or organized by BLM. The leaders are people who want to build a following no matter the cost to society. I will not understand why liberal politicians damn the torpedoes to align themselves with the movement. Such as the Minnesota governor who blamed that shooting on racism with almost no facts of the situation. Or our esteemed President who can't "untangle the motives" of a shooter who flat out said that he wanted to kill white cops and was motivated by BLM. In my opinion, BLM is doing more harm than good in its embrace of militancy.

I must admit to my bias: my fiance is a police officer. Four nights a week I tell her: "I love you. Have a good shift. Be safe." and then kiss her goodbye. Many of those four nights a week she helps people from all walks of society. She helps when people call 911 because they're afraid of the person pacing in front of their house late at night. She helps when a man has pulled a knife on his wife and is threatening to kill her. She helps take the drunk driver that is banging his car off curbs and guardrails off the street before he kills someone. She helps the young child who is living in a house full of feces, urine, bugs, and who knows what else and is alone because his "father" sired a child and chose to take no responsibility and the mother escaped into drugs. She helps when people just can't figure out how to deal with their own problems. Many of those nights she suffers vile and abusive rhetoric when she shows up to help that she endures with professionalism and grace. She has never gone to work thinking that she will harm another human being that day or any other day. She would much rather talk to someone than have to bring out any form of weapon. She doesn't want to arrest people of any color but she can't keep people from committing crimes that society has deemed are unacceptable. On any one of those nights, she may not come home because some person decides that his or her crime is more valuable than her life. So, yes, I am sensitive to people who wage war on the police with cherry-picked facts or downright lies for political or personal advantage. I'm also extremely frustrated that this conversation has been so ridiculously one-sided in the public space until recently. The media goes out of its way to portray police in a negative light, regardless of whether it was warranted or not, and the police agencies have taken that with grace and continued to serve nonetheless. We remember them when something truly awful happens and they act heroically on a grand scale. We forget when they act heroically in a small scale on any day of the week. These men and women who serve our communities deserve much better from us as a society.

A Black Lives Matter protest group met a counter-protest group on the streets in Dallas over the weekend.
http://cnn.it/29vlYDR
This is awesome.

edit: I thought it was pictures. Apparently it's a video as well. I can't get the video to play where I'm at right now. Regardless, seeing a picture of people involved in both sides of a protest come together with some understanding is awesome.

Last edited:
Reactions: jetsaholic
This is only going to get worse over the next several months. I fear more and more police are going to be targeted and executed. This will not end well.

I am anti-BLM because I believe that it is an astro-turf organization that has built its message on a pack of lies. I agree with the El Paso chief of police who characterized BLM as a radical hate group. How can any of you rightfully align yourselves with a group that chants "pigs in a blanket, fry em like bacon" and call yourself compassionate citizens? A group whose followers cheer at the murder of police in Dallas. A group that perpetuates the lie that police (white police) are actively hunting down innocent black people. The organization is funded by liberal groups and corporations who want to appear to be doing a social justice and somehow give a pass to what BLM actually says and the violence that ensues at so many rallies attended to or organized by BLM. The leaders are people who want to build a following no matter the cost to society. I will not understand why liberal politicians damn the torpedoes to align themselves with the movement. Such as the Minnesota governor who blamed that shooting on racism with almost no facts of the situation. Or our esteemed President who can't "untangle the motives" of a shooter who flat out said that he wanted to kill white cops and was motivated by BLM. In my opinion, BLM is doing more harm than good in its embrace of militancy.
Turn to some other news channels besides FoxNews and you may realize the negative view you have only represents a small group within the BLM movement.

Turn to some other news channels besides FoxNews and you may realize the negative view you have only represents a small group within the BLM movement.
Dude, you have to admit that, whether that is the case or not, the loud minority you refer to are making a lot of noise for all the wrong reasons and are twisting the supposed original message into something else.

Ok, you're calling me a racist then. Know I know where to take the line of conversation.

I find this line of "reasoning" from you extremely offensive; I am not, nor will I ever be, anti-black. It is not "anti-black" to point out statistics that are relevant to the conversation. Although I did relate them to statistics that pro-BLM posters have posted, I did not ever use them to draw an anti-black rationale. You labeled me a racist in order to deflect a full and rational discussion of the issues. This board is not an echo chamber for your liberal biases. I am going to challenge you when you are not presenting the entire story, and throwing out comments like yours reveals the content of your character and your position, not mine.

I must admit to my bias: my fiance is a police officer. Four nights a week I tell her: "I love you. Have a good shift. Be safe." and then kiss her goodbye. Many of those four nights a week she helps people from all walks of society. She helps when people call 911 because they're afraid of the person pacing in front of their house late at night. She helps when a man has pulled a knife on his wife and is threatening to kill her. She helps take the drunk driver that is banging his car off curbs and guardrails off the street before he kills someone. She helps the young child who is living in a house full of feces, urine, bugs, and who knows what else and is alone because his "father" sired a child and chose to take no responsibility and the mother escaped into drugs. She helps when people just can't figure out how to deal with their own problems. Many of those nights she suffers vile and abusive rhetoric when she shows up to help that she endures with professionalism and grace. She has never gone to work thinking that she will harm another human being that day or any other day. She would much rather talk to someone than have to bring out any form of weapon. She doesn't want to arrest people of any color but she can't keep people from committing crimes that society has deemed are unacceptable. On any one of those nights, she may not come home because some person decides that his or her crime is more valuable than her life. So, yes, I am sensitive to people who wage war on the police with cherry-picked facts or downright lies for political or personal advantage. I'm also extremely frustrated that this conversation has been so ridiculously one-sided in the public space until recently. The media goes out of its way to portray police in a negative light, regardless of whether it was warranted or not, and the police agencies have taken that with grace and continued to serve nonetheless. We remember them when something truly awful happens and they act heroically on a grand scale. We forget when they act heroically in a small scale on any day of the week. These men and women who serve our communities deserve much better from us as a society.

I agree this board is definitely not an echo chamber for what i have to say. From what ive read here, its pretty much conservative to alt right to racist right. Youre correct there.

Since only white people can be offended let me concede the anti-black assumption...As an anti-BLM person, what is your solution?

If youre hyperbole about the BLM comes true what do you envision? Cops being killed daily? Whites being rallied up by Obama and tossed into FEMA camps? Do you really think these chants of pigs in blankets and whitey go down will actually come true. For every one of those chants, ive read comments from white people against the BLM that are loaded with weapons ready to fight.

This is only going to get worse over the next several months. I fear more and more police are going to be targeted and executed. This will not end well.
The cops and the status quo will win in the end. BLM and the black race is far too outnumbered...as if every black person agrees with the BLM.

Dude, you have to admit that, whether that is the case or not, the loud minority you refer to are making a lot of noise for all the wrong reasons and are twisting the supposed original message into something else.
Of course, but are all Trump supporters white supremacist? Should I label his supporters as such and ignore them all?

Of course, but are all Trump supporters white supremacist? Should I label his supporters as such and ignore them all?
Of course not, which is exactly what both you and I are saying.

However, if we are correct, then the leadership behind the true purpose of the BLM movement should come out in force and denounce the actions of the loud minority. The movement was supposed to create awareness and generate change, so how about they do that instead of letting the actions of a few tarnish what the whole idea is about?

You can't say they are because, if they are, they're doing a terrible job.

Of course not, which is exactly what both you and I are saying.

However, if we are correct, then the leadership behind the true purpose of the BLM movement should come out in force and denounce the actions of the loud minority. The movement was supposed to create awareness and generate change, so how about they do that instead of letting the actions of a few tarnish what the whole idea is about?

You can't say they are because, if they are, they're doing a terrible job.
That I agree with. I think they should aggressively work to weed out and silence that element. I also think they should avoid protest at night in certain areas, because that's when the idiots come out. People who don't care about the movement and want to hurl molotovs.

This goes beyond Black Lives Matter though. There is a growing group of people that are fed up with police brutality in general...regardless of sex, race and nationality.

And I'm sure you will find the same AP clip on all the websites I just mentioned, but when you turn the tv on, you don't see it. When you look up Twitter, you don't see it. Anywhere you go, BLM is associated with killing cops right now and that is not what the movement needs.

That I agree with. I think they should aggressively work to weed out and silence that element. I also think they should avoid protest at night in certain areas, because that's when the idiots come out. People who don't care about the movement and want to hurl molotovs.
:100points::fire::fire::fire:

This pretty much proves what I'm saying. That message has to be on Fox, NBC, ABC, CNN, it has to completely and utterly overshadow the negative news.

But it isn't. So they are denouncing it, but they're doing a terrible job of it.
Lol they posted it on their Twitter. Look people get upset about them hijacking parades and speeches....so now you want them to hijack a TV network so they can make themselves loud and clear.

They can't win.

Lol they posted it on their Twitter. Look people get upset about them hijacking parades and speeches....so now you want them to hijack a TV network so they can make themselves loud and clear.

They can't win.
No, I want them to come up with a productive marketing strategy that will send a clear and concise message over all airwaves instead of the patches of mud that are being Googled now. They're letting the loud minority do all the noise. Same argument Islam has about ISIS. If you really are against the way that a small minority within your ranks is making you out to be, then do everything in your power to change the perspective.

Otherwise, you really don't care that much.

No, I want them to come up with a productive marketing strategy that will send a clear and concise message over all airwaves instead of the patches of mud that are being Googled now. They're letting the loud minority do all the noise. Same argument Islam has about ISIS. If you really are against the way that a small minority within your ranks is making you out to be, then do everything in your power to change the perspective.

Otherwise, you really don't care that much.

There's two responses to this depending on how you view them.
First one is their focus is making sure their message is clear because thats where the resources need to go to.
The second is Soros doesn't want you to give them the impression they're a billion dollar industry. ;)

There's two responses to this depending on how you view them.
First one is their focus is making sure their message is clear because thats where the resources need to go to.
The second is Soros doesn't want you to give them the impression they're a billion dollar industry. ;)
If it was clear, we wouldn't be having this conversation.

If it was clear, we wouldn't be having this conversation.
its very clear. the problem is apparently you want them to devote more energy to apologizing for every incident that deviates from the message. Unlike the cops who has the city budget to work on that, BLM has no such thing. They just hijacked the Toronto Pride parade to have a spot in it.

its very clear. the problem is apparently you want them to devote more energy to apologizing for every incident that deviates from the message. Unlike the cops who has the city budget to work on that, BLM has no such thing. They just hijacked the Toronto Pride parade to have a spot in it.
It isn't clear. This isn't a failure exclusive to BLM. I would argue most activist groups suffer the same problem.

And I don't want them to apologize. Apologizing means assuming some guilt and they shouldn't because the movement, the message they're trying to convey, has no relation with the incidents against cops of the past few days.

You're saying they're doing the best they can and I'm saying it's not good enough and it's going to cost them in the long run.

This article quotes the same Shaun King that posted a narrative about the Michael Brown incident that was absolutely false and fired up large amounts of people with it. This is a perfect example of an outright liar getting credibility for no reason other than that he can make people believe him. Oh, and is he with Justice Together or BLM. No matter, he was BLM at some point so he's BLM forever to the media.

And McKesson is not wedded to facts either when they get in the way of his narrative. So now you want people to believe them when they "condemn" general violence. Sorry, not buying it.

BLM was founded on the ideologies of militants from the 60s and has had rallies spouting the mantras of cop killers. I'm sorry, when a movement is built on lies and evil, it doesn't deserve credibility. Build a movement on understanding and compassion and you'll get a much more effective outcome.

This goes beyond Black Lives Matter though. There is a growing group of people that are fed up with police brutality in general...regardless of sex, race and nationality.
Bullshit. You're buying a bridge someone is selling you. Maybe you should walk a mile in an officer's shoes to understand what the hell youre talking about.

BLM was founded on the ideologies of militants from the 60s and has had rallies spouting the mantras of cop killers. I'm sorry, when a movement is built on lies and evil, it doesn't deserve credibility. Build a movement on understanding and compassion and you'll get a much more effective outcome.
Lol at your militants are the boogey monster statements...but i suppose MLK was pleading with the blacks to not judge a person by the color of their skin but by the context of their character because Rosa Parks wouldnt give up her seat to a white man. And the whites in Alabama were fighting for their rights when they murdered those evil militant activists you speak of because they wouldnt let their white kids go to the same school. The status quo - meaning you (and me might as well accept that) - doesn't know how good they (us) have it. The only thing militants - especially the one that is represented by people generally oppressed - can do is hurt a few people and a bunch of feelings.

Last edited:
Bullshit. You're buying a bridge someone is selling you. Maybe you should walk a mile in an officer's shoes to understand what the hell youre talking about.
Your attempt to interpret what i said into mass hysteria is hilarious. Keep blaming BLM and painting the boogeyman image on them. Edited out.

Last edited:
Your attempt to interpret what i said into mass hysteria is hilarious. Keep blaming BLM and painting the boogeyman image on them. Edited out.
You said that people of all types are having issues with police brutality. I call bullshit on that. Talk to some people that actually work in a profession and you will see something different. The problem is the media and special interest groups are driving the narrative and many, many good people are buying into it. I'm not going to list all the examples of people being surprised when their experiences with police are positive because everything they're being told and seeing on TV is telling them police are evil. BLM is a big part of the problem. There are good people in that movement but there are bad people in leadership and they were based on bad ideology to begin with. To link MLK with them is horrible because MLK never advocated violence as a solution and didn't propagate lies to win support. Do some research into the beginnings of BLM and some of the foundation ideology and tell me there isn't a blatant violent undercurrent in the organization.

You said that people of all types are having issues with police brutality. I call bullshit on that. Talk to some people that actually work in a profession and you will see something different. The problem is the media and special interest groups are driving the narrative and many, many good people are buying into it. I'm not going to list all the examples of people being surprised when their experiences with police are positive because everything they're being told and seeing on TV is telling them police are evil. BLM is a big part of the problem. There are good people in that movement but there are bad people in leadership and they were based on bad ideology to begin with. To link MLK with them is horrible because MLK never advocated violence as a solution and didn't propagate lies to win support. Do some research into the beginnings of BLM and some of the foundation ideology and tell me there isn't a blatant violent undercurrent in the organization.
The Dallas Police Chief and the trauma surgeon at the hospital who is black both have made statements that disagree with what you just said.

Lol at your militants are the boogey monster statements...but i suppose MLK was pleading with the blacks to not judge a person by the color of their skin but by the context of their character because Rosa Parks wouldnt give up her seat to a white man. And the whites in Alabama were fighting for their rights when they murdered those evil militant activists you speak of because they wouldnt let their white kids go to the same school. The status quo - meaning you (and me might as well accept that) - doesn't know how good they (us) have it. The only thing militants - especially the one that is represented by people generally oppressed - can do is hurt a few people and a bunch of feelings.
The militant message inspired someone to assassinate 5 police officers in Dallas. That's a hell of a lot more than feeling and "hurt." You can't dissociate the sniper claiming he was motivated by the message from the actions of the sniper just because it makes BLM look bad. There is no misunderstanding here.

You know what, I'm done. You're going to excuse everything for your cause and you're not going to even look into anything I've said when you claim there is nothing to see. Just like with Hillary and everything else.

Chief Brown recognized a bad situation in his department and cleaned it up. I know of other departments having done the same thing. I'm absolutely sure there's more work to be done. But I also know that the large majority of police are good people who get shit on by the community even when they are doing nothing. Read "War on Cops." You won't change your mind but at least you'll have a better understanding.

The militant message inspired someone to assassinate 5 police officers in Dallas. That's a hell of a lot more than feeling and "hurt." You can't dissociate the sniper claiming he was motivated by the message from the actions of the sniper just because it makes BLM look bad. There is no misunderstanding here.

You must be proud of yourself that you can finally use that as an example against a movement that otherwise that goes back to self determination in the face of white supremacy.....which has been denounced in the media and also inspired a video i posted where Black Lives Matter and counter protestors got together for a moment of peace.
Your fear of a black nation is at full paranoia. Relax at the end of the day youll be fine.

Which statements are you referring to?
Surgeon
Central to the conflict that Williams feels is the experiences he has as both a surgeon and as a black man, and the different reactions that his professional and personal appearances elicit.
"Clearly when I'm at work dressed in my white coat the reactions I get with individuals and the officers I deal with on a daily basis is much different to what I would get outside the hospital in regular clothes and my fear and mild inherent distrust in law enforcement, that goes back to my own personal experiences that I've had in my own personal life as well as hearing the stories from friends and family that look like me, that have had similar experiences," he said.

The Chief has stated bad cops are making the rest of the good police look bad, and he has also stated protestors should join the police force to help solve the problem as opposed to protesting, acknowledging in both cases issues beyond BLM. He's also stated open carry of assault rifles is dumb and makes their job harder, but you won't see that on any conservative news sites.

Reactions: ucfversusbcs
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT