ADVERTISEMENT

Cover 3 Summer School: UCF's RJ Harvey is one of the BEST RB’s in College Football

AuburnLegacy_1

Silver Knight
Feb 4, 2022

Stephen Leonard had a lot of interesting things to say...

Right tackle is one of the only positions still up for grabs heading into the fall. "Stephen said" Marcellus Marshall, Wes Dorsey, Jabari Brooks, Waitclaire Flynn, or Paul Rupelt will get the starting nod.

The commentator said "on paper," UCF has one the best interior defensive lines in the Big 12. Lee Hunter, who struggled with effort earlier in his career, is now one of the leaders in the Big 12 in tackles for loss and tackles for no gain. Ricky Barber was hurt last season. John Walker is in Year 2. Derrick Leblanc and Marcus Downs were mentioned as well. (Andrew Rumph and Matthew Alexander, who will also get playing time, were omitted from the conversation.)

Linebacker is the deepest position group on the team. (I, personally, think defensive back is the deepest, but most unproven.)

True freshman Chasen Johnson will start at cornerback and is perhaps the best defensive back on the Knights' roster.

"Ja'Varrius Johnson, Jacoby Jones, and Agiye Hall" were the first three players mentioned in order as replacements for the production lost by NFL draftee Javon Baker.

Harvey is predicted to have a huge year after being snubbed for postseason awards. If UCF is to make a run at a Big 12 title, it falls on the backs on Harvey and Penny Boone.

Last edited:

Stephen Leonard had a lot of interesting things to say...

Right tackle is one of the only positions still up for grabs heading into the fall. "Stephen said" Marcellus Marshall, Wes Dorsey, Jabari Brooks, Waitclaire Flynn, or Paul Rupelt will get the starting nod.

The commentator said "on paper," UCF has one the best interior defensive lines in the Big 12. Lee Hunter, who struggled with effort earlier in his career, is now one of the leaders in the Big 12 in tackles for loss and tackles for no gain. Ricky Barber was hurt last season. John Walker is in Year 2. Derrick Leblanc and Marcus Downs were mentioned as well. (Andrew Rumph and Matthew Alexander, who will also get playing time, were omitted from the conversation.)

Linebacker is the deepest position group on the team. (I, personally, think defensive back is the deepest, but most unproven.)

True freshman Chasen Johnson will start at cornerback and is perhaps the best defensive back on the Knights' roster.

"Ja'Varrius Johnson, Jacoby Jones, and Agiye Hall" were the first three players mentioned in order as replacements for the production lost by NFL draftee Javon Baker.

Harvey is predicted to have a huge year after being snubbed for postseason awards. If UCF is to make a run at a Big 12 title, it falls on the backs on Harvey and Penny Boone.
Lol. Waltclaire Flynn competing for a RT job? Can’t even make it up. Dude is 6 feet tall and small.

Lol. Waltclaire Flynn competing for a RT job? Can’t even make it up. Dude is 6 feet tall and small.
In my defense, I did say "Stephen said." I think UCF will be fine at right tackle. I don't think that position "will define the season" as Stephen put it.

EDIT: My biggest concern has been and continues to be who backs up Amari Kight. The health of Kight "will define the season."

Last edited:
UCF WHO?!?

Ohio State, Georgia headline five best college football RB rooms entering the 2024 season​

5. UCF
Last season, UCF's Rocky Harvey finished sixth in the nation with 1,416 yards rushing. That was 16 yards more than Toledo's Peny Boone, who rushed for 1,400 yards and finished eighth nationally. In 2024, they'll be in the same backfield. Boone, last year's MAC Offensive Player of the Year, transferred to UCF in May to give the Knights the most productive backfield in the country. And while he's not a running back, the Knights added QB KJ Jefferson from the portal, and he's quite literally a tank pretending to be a human quarterback. I don't have the physical proof of this, but I trust my eyes.

There's also Johnny Richardson, who finished second in rushing behind Harvey for the Knights last season, averaging 6.59 yards per carry. Those three backs combined with Jefferson in a Gus Malzahn offense? Ladies and gentlemen, sign me up for that.

rocky GIF

Leonard needs to cut his mustache and go outside and get some sun. Also needs to treat each interview as a performance and keep the energy high on his end, like Brandon does. Need to talk in ways that is more exciting and shows more emotion and expression.

I like the kid, trying to be constructive.

Brandon is good but sometimes he sounds like he’s trying a little to hard, but he is good at making interviewees feel relaxed and at ease.

Leonard needs to cut his mustache and go outside and get some sun. Also needs to treat each interview as a performance and keep the energy high on his end, like Brandon does. Need to talk in ways that is more exciting and shows more emotion and expression.

I like the kid, trying to be constructive.

Brandon is good but sometimes he sounds like he’s trying a little to hard, but he is good at making interviewees feel relaxed and at ease.
Stephen has a face for radio.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT