ADVERTISEMENT

Cowherd ate UCF Crow on his show this afternoon

ReturnOf

Bronze Knight
Jan 6, 2008
During his " what he got right and what he got wrong" segment, he announced that after watching the combine specifically Griffin, turns out that UCF has pretty some good NFL caliber players and that is why we beat Auburn, and it wasn't a fluke.

Hearing Cowturd confess was music to my ears. This guy never takes a chance with a prediction, he can only call Alabama is going to beat SW Texas St. You will never see him and Captain Obvious in the same room.

I used to listen to him(or his podcast) but the analogies & brand elitism got old. He does know Football & is mostly good on projections with the NFL and the College teams he bothers to watch.

In UCF's case he made an assumption on a team he never watched. Dan Lebatard doesn't really talk sports but his show is more entertaining but it's an acquired taste.

So.,, Griffin’s performance woke him up. He must read our board. Hahaha. Awesome
I think as UCF fans who have known Shaq's story for years now, we don't appreciate how big of a story the combine was.
After is bench press, he was the highest trending topic in the world.
Hours after his 40 he was out trending the Oscars.
Colin had to address it.

I think as UCF fans who have known Shaq's story for years now, we don't appreciate how big of a story the combine was.
Colin had to address it.
This is why I always say that “National experts” don’t know more than most diehard fans that follow their team 24/7 throughout the entire year in these boards.

How could they?? We are the experts. I get more information about my team here than everywhere else combined The dungeon guys come here, Brandon, and Knightline Podcast.

Did we know that he could bench press 225lbs 20 times?? Yes. Why? Because we know he’s been lifting for 5 years with a prosthetic device.

Do we know he could run a 4.38?? Well.., his brother ran a 4.38. They are twins and the Knightline Podcast guys who know him said that he might be faster. So.., most UCF fans would have guessed something in the 4.45-4,52 range which would have been very good as well.

I used to listen to him(or his podcast) but the analogies & brand elitism got old. He does know Football & is mostly good on projections with the NFL and the College teams he bothers to watch.

In UCF's case he made an assumption on a team he never watched. Dan Lebatard doesn't really talk sports but his show is more entertaining but it's an acquired taste.
I love when dan interviews the guy from the Miami zoo

Reactions: Poolside Knight
So.,, Griffin’s performance woke him up. He must read our board. Hahaha. Awesome
Colin had to address it.

Griff was on scores of shows yesterday...from ESPN Golic and Mike to Dan Patrick and others.

Great pub and well deserved.

So why don't networks, i.e. the boss, do something to these boobs when they basically admit that they don't do the job? Do you think you'd get off easy if you admit you didn't bother fully researching a part of the project you were involved in? Of course, being a UCF fan since the 80's I haven't bothered to read/listen to any "experts" realizing that they either never heard of us or are just reading some other boobs analysis. Why not hire someone that actually knows all of the subject matter. Yes dude, I know you can name the entire starting line-up for Alabama, but if you can't do it for UCF, you can't give your opinion on UCF.

So why don't networks, i.e. the boss, do something to these boobs when they basically admit that they don't do the job? Do you think you'd get off easy if you admit you didn't bother fully researching a part of the project you were involved in? Of course, being a UCF fan since the 80's I haven't bothered to read/listen to any "experts" realizing that they either never heard of us or are just reading some other boobs analysis. Why not hire someone that actually knows all of the subject matter. Yes dude, I know you can name the entire starting line-up for Alabama, but if you can't do it for UCF, you can't give your opinion on UCF.
well ever since Cowherd has moved to Fox Sports he has more of a Left Coast bias and criticizes the SEC. He's annoying but he's not nearly as bad as Finebaum.

Did we know that he could bench press 225lbs 20 times?? Yes. Why? Because we know he’s been lifting for 5 years with a prosthetic device.

Do we know he could run a 4.38?? Well.., his brother ran a 4.38. They are twins and the Knightline Podcast guys who know him said that he might be faster. So.., most UCF fans would have guessed something in the 4.45-4,52 range which would have been very good as well.

I get your point, but I'll be honest, I was shocked to see him get 225 lbs 20 times. I don't think it's a stretch to say we all should have been surprised since his previous high he said was 11.

I figured he'd be one of the fastest LBs because he ran track, played DB before and yes his twin brother ran sub 4.4. But he also bulked up quite a bit and I believe is 20-25 lbs heavier than Shaquille, so I still think it's surprising that he ran as fast as he did.

One thing I don't think any UCF fan is surprised about is the heart this kid has. I've never seen anyone with the motor that he does.

In my opinion, many show hosts aren't rewarded for treating teams fairly and putting in the amount of research necessary to have an informed opinion.

Rather, they're rewarded for increasing their viewership, which is more easily accomplished by spouting off some ignorant statement about UCF, rather than doing a proper analysis of our team.

I, for one, would like to see Mr. corn cob teeth himself finally get publicly called out for nearly running Griffin off after the 0-12 debacle - the same debacle that he was largely responsible for.

In my opinion, many show hosts aren't rewarded for treating teams fairly and putting in the amount of research necessary to have an informed opinion.

Rather, they're rewarded for increasing their viewership, which is more easily accomplished by spouting off some ignorant statement about UCF, rather than doing a proper analysis of our team.

Absolutely... Would rather get ratings by being wrong then report accurate and fair representation. That and constantly giving that jackass Lamar Ball air/internet time.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
Absolutely... Would rather get ratings by being wrong then report accurate and fair representation. That and constantly giving that jackass Lamar Ball air/internet time.
It's what I hate about the US media. It's negativity with negative re-enforcement at its finest.

Reactions: thespiritof1976
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT