ADVERTISEMENT

Crazy renters

CommuterBob

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Aug 3, 2011
Stuck in traffic
http://www.wftv.com/news/news/national/electrician-finds-home-wired-explode-during-inspec/nkd6x/?ecmp=wftv_social_twitter_sfp

An electrician in Massachusetts came across a chilling discovery when inspecting a home that was for sale: the house was wired to explode.

The chief of police in Milton stated that the explosive device was designed to cause "significant destruction" after the previous tenants had moved out.

It is those tenants that are suspected of setting up the device which would go off when a certain light switch, which was connected to a jug of accelerant, was turned on.

The people who had set up the explosive device took care to try to hide the bomb, concealing it behind a newly plastered closet wall.

The previous tenants, who moved out last week, are also suspected of pouring concrete down the drains of the home

So much for getting that security deposit back.

My dad was in real estate sales and rental management for 25+ years and some of the worst things he found included a stacks of newspapers throughout the house that the renters let their toddler use as toilet and a left behind mother cat with two day old kittens.

These were on top of the "regular" damages he would often encounter, such as messed up plumbing, holes in the wall, torn up carpet, massive cockroach issues, and pet destruction (we only have a "lab", not a pit bull!). I can't even imagine finding a bomb!

My dad once had a young child tell him he hated him because he was the mean man kicking them out of their house. He told the kid maybe your parents should learn how to pay their rent. He was paid anywhere from $50 -75 a month per house for the privilege of dealing with such fine citizenry.

I love how terrible parents brainwash their children to think everything should be free. New 'Merica!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT