ADVERTISEMENT

Credle Enters Portal

dr_ligma

Four-Star Recruit
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2019
Folks have posted about how Credle's family openly talks on social about being "tricked" into him coming to UCF.
Who knows how much truth there is and what was said by the staff....is this a case of a diva player/overly involved parents or is there something wrong right now with our recruiting process/current team ops?

Come on Heup - right this ship and show yourself as a leader.

If a WR recruit looked at our roster last season and though they were going to have a starting position they were fooling themselves. And if recruits were being promised starting positions I feel like our recruiting would be better.

Folks have posted about how Credle's family openly talks on social about being "tricked" into him coming to UCF.
Who knows how much truth there is and what was said by the staff....is this a case of a diva player/overly involved parents or is there something wrong right now with our recruiting process/current team ops?

Come on Heup - right this ship and show yourself as a leader.

Wow. A kid transfers and you immediately go to the staff being the issue? In that case, Jaylon transferred from Oklahoma. Their staff must also be garbage and have lots of issues. They need to get their act together. In fact, we had a few Bama transfers...so their staff must be on the skids as well.

These are adults, young adults, but they can choose to do what they want. There could be a myriad of reasons on and off the field for him transferring. When you interview him on Twitter and get the scoop, let us know.

He just thinks he can to go to the NFL the easy way (1 or 2 years starting) and sounds like his family is waiting there to grab all his earnings. Very sad...

Wow. A kid transfers and you immediately go to the staff being the issue? In that case, Jaylon transferred from Oklahoma. Their staff must also be garbage and have lots of issues. They need to get their act together. In fact, we had a few Bama transfers...so their staff must be on the skids as well.

These are adults, young adults, but they can choose to do what they want. There could be a myriad of reasons on and off the field for him transferring. When you interview him on Twitter and get the scoop, let us know.
Oklahoma lives by the portal. Lost a high LB to ASU and Rambo to name a couple.

Three WR leaving the program this year, he was virtually guaranteed playing time.

The three other WRs returning with playing time experience are 5'10" or shorter.

He was 6'4".

No more guys to win 50/50 balls, Heupel will have to adjust his calls.

Last edited:
Three WR leaving the program this year, he was virtually guaranteed playing time.

The three other WRs returning with playing time experience are 5'10" or shorter.

He was 6'4".

Height matters more in red zone with the shorter field and the QB putting it where the receiver can fight to get it. Typically they throw to receivers they trust more in that situation. Regardless of height. He needed another year or two to gain trust. That’s why he was used on screens mostly.

Height matters more in red zone with the shorter field and the QB putting it where the receiver can fight to get it. Typically they throw to receivers they trust more in that situation. Regardless of height. He needed another year or two to gain trust. That’s why he was used on screens mostly.

Yes, that's why Harris had 8 TDs with several happening in the redzone. Speed is great in open field, but there is a reason why the two most physically imposing guys got the most TDs.

Yes, that's why Harris had 8 TDs with several happening in the redzone. Speed is great in open field, but there is a reason why the two most physically imposing guys got the most TDs.
Because the trust from QB. They weren’t scoring as Freshmen even though their height was still there.

Hmm, rumors that WR coach going to Auburn. Could assist in explanation for mass exodus from WR position.

so can we get confirmation that DG won’t flirt w transferring? feels like a trend of getting out of a sinking ship

Bye Felicia...He's possesses diva like tendencies. Next man up!!

He had everything working for him, as previously stated, we had 3 WR's leave and he's got an All America QB throwing him balls deep. What more could you want??

Reactions: CapHillKnight
Makes no sense. He was on the field a good amount for a true freshman
The rumor is that he was mislead about playing time. While he was on for a good amount of time, this is a lot lower than he apparently was expecting.

He was 6'4".

No.., we have Dionte Marks (6'2'" and is pretty jacked), coming in, as well as Jaylon Griffin (6'3'') and Kaedin Robinson (6'2'') all as transfers..

On top of that we retain Jaylon and O'Keefe.

If Dionte is comparable to Marlon, and Jaylon and Kaedin are comparable to Jacob (recall Tre was injured most the season), then Credle is in no better situation in '21 than '20 in terms of competition.

On top of that, it looks like we're trying to even take in another WR transfer this class. Credle could be at Oregon, South Carolina, or Tennessee with similar stats as he has at UCF. I don't blame Credle for being upset and wanting to transfer tbh.

Last edited:
Reactions: KnightVision82
No.., we have Dionte Marks (6'2'" and is pretty jacked), coming in, as well as Jaylon Griffin (6'3'') and Kaedin Robinson (6'2'') all as transfers..

If Dionte is comparable to Marlon, and Jaylon and Kaedin are comparable to Jacob (recall Tre was injured most the season), then Credle is in no better situation in '21 than '20 in terms of competition.

On top of that, it looks like we're trying to even take in another WR transfer this class. He could be at Oregon, South Carolina, or Tennessee with similar stats as he has at UCF. I don't blame Credle for being upset and wanting to transfer tbh.
Yea its completely understandable for guys to want to transfer for whatever reason and whenever they want. That said, I am a little skeptical that he was promised a starting position or some predetermined amount of play time.

The rumor is that he was mislead about playing time. While he was on for a good amount of time, this is a lot lower than he apparently was expecting.
Why would any player think they are automatically slotted into a starting position, no matter what anybody tells you. That is delusional, especially as a competitive athlete in a competitive sport. You know better. You know every week you are competing for your job, regardless of what anybody tells you.

Reactions: KnightVision82
This is the same guy that got a huge targeting call in a game we needed. He was playing a bit more before that. If i was a WR I would want to be on the team that literally has the best statistical QB in the nation with 2 starting WR leaving. Good luck though.

This is the same guy that got a huge targeting call in a game we needed. He was playing a bit more before that. If i was a WR I would want to be on the team that literally has the best statistical QB in the nation with 2 starting WR leaving. Good luck though.
That targeting call was BS, though - I don’t fault Credle for it.

On top of that, it looks like we're trying to even take in another WR transfer this class. Credle could be at Oregon, South Carolina, or Tennessee with similar stats as he has at UCF. I don't blame Credle for being upset and wanting to transfer tbh.

Dionte is listed at 6'2" 178lbs, Marlon Williams was almost 40lbs heavier and 2" shorter.

Just seems to be expecting transfers are going to take over, which isn't always the case.

Also reminds me of conversation on this board in September when Tay Gowan chose to opt out and people said depth at DB was not an issue and other options were comparable with no drop-off.

Dionte is listed at 6'2" 178lbs, Marlon Williams was almost 40lbs heavier and 2" shorter.

Just seems to be expecting transfers are going to take over, which isn't always the case.

Also reminds me of conversation on this board in September when Tay Gowan chose to opt out and people said depth at DB was not an issue and other options were comparable with no drop-off.
“be expecting transfers are going to take over”? We kind of got a successful track record of doing so. Both Tre and J-flash had very productive 1st seasons at UCF.

Agreed transfers may not automatically take over, but given a limited sample size of Jacob Harris, Jaylon Rob, Tre Nixon, they have tended to take over.

I'd say DBs are our biggest need right now.

Agreed transfers may not automatically take over, but given a limited sample size of Jacob Harris, Jaylon Rob, Tre Nixon, they have tended to take over.

I'd say DBs are our biggest need right now.

Agreed but are we sold on the RB group? A lot leaving

Agreed but are we sold on the RB group? A lot leaving
I think we're open to taking a RB transfer as well...The bigger question I have is why are we not able to develop our positions..We've had Bentatvious, Damarius, and others for a few years now, how are they not ready to roll?

A trend? We are losing one wide receiver whos family has been complaining all year
our Program hasn't had this much uncertainty since 2014-16. I haven't followed as closely the last 6 months but I have never been as lost on what kind of talent we have in the offseason going into next Fall.

our Program hasn't had this much uncertainty since 2014-16. I haven't followed as closely the last 6 months but I have never been as lost on what kind of talent we have in the offseason going into next Fall.

The team rode the clown car for a long time. Looking back Otis, Killins were both key offensive pieces for 4 years, and McCrae for 3 years.

Reactions: Knight Strength
After 2 years of not starting OR little playing time in a college football program I support any athlete wants to enter the transfer portal at this point in the NCAA environment. Will they find a better place to play at is the big question? However, college football practice is a grind and I understand wanting to play. Nonetheless, a lot of these players are mislead.

It's the whole thing of the lie that these kids are believing that the NFL is going to offer them big $$$ and entrance into the hall of fame which has these kids making bad decisions. There are only 1,700 players in the NFL and over 61 years only 346 players have made the hall of fame. Their number one priority in college has to be on how do I move forward successfully down the path of maintaining gainful employment for 40 years using this opportunity I've been given. My game changing opportunity was obtained through 4 years in the USAF. Now I'm able to enjoy 40 years of employment and being able to help others :) I know I'm blessed when I think of all the hurdles I had to work through over the years. Each one of these athletes need to take this kind of perspective of moving forward one step at a time and having a long term plan. It's sad to see more and more UCF athletes getting sucked into the lie of the Not-for-long. While the talent is improving on our team, the reality of the situation hasn't changed.

I'm not familiar with the account saying it's coaches vs family. Is it reliable?
A dude on Facebook who is a former “ player” for our basketball team said he’s been in contact with his coaches abd they want him to stay. Family wants him to leave. Take it for what it is. Should be players decision. If he wants to leave, he wants to leave

A dude on Facebook who is a former “ player” for our basketball team said he’s been in contact with his coaches abd they want him to stay. Family wants him to leave. Take it for what it is. Should be players decision. If he wants to leave, he wants to leave
Does this line up with the Twitter traffic from mid-season? Thought I remembered it was a lot of chatter from family accounts being negative.

ADVERTISEMENT