ADVERTISEMENT

Credle Enters Portal

Why would any player think they are automatically slotted into a starting position, no matter what anybody tells you. That is delusional, especially as a competitive athlete in a competitive sport. You know better. You know every week you are competing for your job, regardless of what anybody tells you.

I love this take. I want athletes at UCF that want to compete, regardless of what coaches say/promise/etc. There may not be guys returning (outside of Robinson and O'Keefe) with a lot of catches, but there's still talent in that room. Credle was part of that, and he was likely in line for a larger role, but there was still going to be competition in that room to get snaps/targets (between Ryan O'Keefe, Dionte Marks, Amari Johnson, Griffin and Robinson - the JUCO kids - etc.).

My two cents:
-Remember, he still could come back. There's obviously some people in his ear, but Credle entering the portal doesn't necessarily mean he's 100% gone. At the same time, UCF doesn't have to wait for him either, they can go another direction with that scholarship.

-I think people are overlooking Marks. I'm not saying he's going to have the same type of year Robinson had last season (in his first year with UCF's offense), but I think he's going to be heavily involved in this offense.

-We're basically stressing over receiver depth. We've been blessed to have loaded talent at WR over this era (Akins, Smith, Snelson, Davis, Williams, Nixon, Robinson, Harris), but we don't HAVE to have four or five incredible receivers to feel good about the position. UCF has a #1 receiver next year (who fits Heupel's offense really well), and hopefully we can find one or two other solid guys to play solidly (block, reliability ,very few drops, etc.).

-As fans, if we're begging for transfers, why not on the other side of the ball? We're losing over 75 combined starts in the defensive backfield with Grant/Collier/A. Robinson. We have some long-term projects/depth at the position (and a lot of them had to play a bunch this year), but I would feel a lot better for the '21 season if one or two upperclassmen (with more experience) were on the field alongside D. Wilson.

I love this take. I want athletes at UCF that want to compete, regardless of what coaches say/promise/etc. There may not be guys returning (outside of Robinson and O'Keefe) with a lot of catches, but there's still talent in that room. Credle was part of that, and he was likely in line for a larger role, but there was still going to be competition in that room to get snaps/targets (between Ryan O'Keefe, Dionte Marks, Amari Johnson, Griffin and Robinson - the JUCO kids - etc.).

My two cents:
-Remember, he still could come back. There's obviously some people in his ear, but Credle entering the portal doesn't necessarily mean he's 100% gone. At the same time, UCF doesn't have to wait for him either, they can go another direction with that scholarship.

-I think people are overlooking Marks. I'm not saying he's going to have the same type of year Robinson had last season (in his first year with UCF's offense), but I think he's going to be heavily involved in this offense.

-We're basically stressing over receiver depth. We've been blessed to have loaded talent at WR over this era (Akins, Smith, Snelson, Davis, Williams, Nixon, Robinson, Harris), but we don't HAVE to have four or five incredible receivers to feel good about the position. UCF has a #1 receiver next year (who fits Heupel's offense really well), and hopefully we can find one or two other solid guys to play solidly (block, reliability ,very few drops, etc.).

-As fans, if we're begging for transfers, why not on the other side of the ball? We're losing over 75 combined starts in the defensive backfield with Grant/Collier/A. Robinson. We have some long-term projects/depth at the position (and a lot of them had to play a bunch this year), but I would feel a lot better for the '21 season if one or two upperclassmen (with more experience) were on the field alongside D. Wilson.
Strong post here.

Bam Moore in the transfer portal. That one hurts, CB depth is bad. Doesn’t make sense for him to transfer, something is wrong inside the locker room
He hasn’t played in 2 years. If he wasn’t getting on the field at the end of last year when the team was so thin, then it’s clear the injury was worse case scenario. Wish him luck, but I don’t think he’s going to get back on the field.

Will remember Bam fondly...I guess this is a sign he hasn't fully recovered.

BTW, this site just updated their picks for best WRs in the portal. There are 2 categories, 10 guys they discuss in depth and a list of about 10 "others". Credle made neither list.

If Bam doesn't recover 100%, that sucks for that kid. His injury could have been prevented. I still remember that FAMU player tackling him out of bounds awkwardly when he really didn't have to.

He hasn’t played in 2 years. If he wasn’t getting on the field at the end of last year when the team was so thin, then it’s clear the injury was worse case scenario. Wish him luck, but I don’t think he’s going to get back on the field.

So physically he can't play and he goes to another school?

Also I don't see Shannon being picky for DBs right now. Anyone with a pulse can see playing time on this secondary. There is few other schools that could have as inexperienced DB situation.

So physically he can't play and he goes to another school?

Also I don't see Shannon being picky for DBs right now. Anyone with a pulse can see playing time on this secondary. There is few other schools that could have as inexperienced DB situation.
My guess is he will follow his buddy KZ to FSU but won’t play there.

Reactions: Willie Knightime
Why would FSU give Bam a scholarship if he isn’t physically ready? QB is a different gamble...no one has inside info on why there are this many fleeing the Program?

so can we get confirmation that DG won’t flirt w transferring? feels like a trend of getting out of a sinking ship

Why are people acting like people going into the portal means our staff has issues and players are “fleeing”? We have 11 people, including KZ and Mack, which were always going to be going somewhere else. That really leaves us at 9. We are a little high but 3 of them are going to FCS....speaks for itself. I randomly chose some other programs. Penn State has 6. UF has 6. Nebraska has 6. TCU has 12. Memphis has 11. Oklahoma has 12. Cincy has 6. Michigan has 9. Several others I looked at only had 2-4 in the portal. I think more and more kids will be going into the portal because they think the grass might be greener somewhere else. Nobody cares about it in basketball so why make a big deal out of it for football. Staffs are just going to have to get used to even more churn on their rosters...that’s a challenge. I don’t think it “speaks” or “doesn’t speak” to much of anything about a program. You have to look at each case individually.

Last edited:
Why are people acting like people going into the portal means our staff has issues and players are “fleeing”? We have 11 people, including KZ and Mack, which were always going to be going somewhere else. That really leaves us at 9. We are a little high but 3 of them are going to FCS....speaks for itself. I randomly chose some other programs. Penn State has 6. UF has 6. Nebraska has 6. TCU has 12. Memphis has 11. Oklahoma has 12. Cincy has 6. Several others I looked at only had 2-4 in the portal. I think more and more kids will be going into the portal because they think the grass might be greener somewhere else. Nobody cares about it in basketball so why make a big deal out of it for football. Staffs are just going to have to get used to even more churn on their rosters...that’s a challenge. I don’t think it “speaks” or “doesn’t speak” to much of anything about a program. You have to look at each case individually.

Probably since this is the most turnover the team has seen in a long time. If you look at the roster in August vs. Now it's like a whole new team. Multiple reasons for the turnover, but still turnover for a year where everyone could stay if they wanted to. Just get a sense of less interest in the program internally. Maybe that is the norm in college football, it wasn't necessarily the norm for UCF.

Maybe no big deal, but many thought opt outs in September was no big deal. 2021 results will answer that question.

I went and looked what we had in the portal....3-4 of them had been in the program 3 years and I didn't even recognize their names. Then we had the 4 guys that were dismissed from the team. Then you have MM and Mack who we all knew didn't have a future here.

So who have we lost here that we were counting on other than Credle? Nobody.....

I went and looked what we had in the portal....3-4 of them had been in the program 3 years and I didn't even recognize their names. Then we had the 4 guys that were dismissed from the team. Then you have MM and Mack who we all knew didn't have a future here.

So who have we lost here that we were counting on other than Credle? Nobody.....
Only Credle was expected to play.

All the players that could have come back- Nixon, Harris, McCray, Anderson, Mitchell, etc. all turning pro and all the recent kids going in the transfer portal makes you wonder what's going on. It just seems like players are jumping ship!

All the players that could have come back- Nixon, Harris, McCray, Anderson, Mitchell, etc. all turning pro and all the recent kids going in the transfer portal makes you wonder what's going on. It just seems like players are jumping ship!
Maybe Nixon and Harris want to take their shot at the NFL before their hairlines start to recede. I get that NCAA gave a free year of eligibility, but it remains to be seen how players will choose to alter their life plan because of it. None of these were unexpected. Mitchell was kicked off the team.

Reactions: Knight Strength
Maybe Nixon and Harris want to take their shot at the NFL before their hairlines start to recede. I get that NCAA gave a free year of eligibility, but it remains to be seen how players will choose to alter their life plan because of it. None of these were unexpected. Mitchell was kicked off the team.

I wouldn't say Nixon was expected, and many would argue both Nixon and Harris have something to prove.

Moore is an interesting one, because the last statement by Heupel on Moore the day before the arrest incident "moving really well on the practice field", then never mentioned again. If he ends up playing at another school, its not because he was not good enough to play on this secondary.

Regardless there will be a growing pains next year with a lot of the changes and I would expect expectations/projections to be lowered vs. the previous years. Seems like a possible rebuilding year.

I wouldn't say Nixon was expected, and many would argue both Nixon and Harris have something to prove.

Moore is an interesting one, because the last statement by Heupel on Moore the day before the arrest incident "moving really well on the practice field", then never mentioned again. If he ends up playing at another school, its not because he was not good enough to play on this secondary.

Regardless there will be a growing pains next year with a lot of the changes and I would expect expectations/projections to be lowered vs. the previous years. Seems like a possible rebuilding year.
Before season started most people thought Nixon would have best year. Injury derailed him but I think he has enough film for scouts and has workouts to prove himself.

Nixon and Harris are both older than Gabe Davis or Marlon Williams. Their window of opportunity for NFL is now. Brandon Moore was talked up until the Collier incident and then we never heard another peep about him (he didn’t travel with the team after). So that could also be a factor.

You can think of it this way as well. Imagine you are at work and you have 84 associates. How many of those associates remain for 4-5 years? People are always coming and going from jobs. I'm probably a bit of an odd-ball, having stints of 10 years (3 up north, and 7 in St Pete) for one company, 9 years on one program/job/company, and then shorter 2 year and now nearly one year at my new job. I've been at my new job for less than a year and already a half-dozen people have left or switched jobs. It's just a part of life.

You can think of it this way as well. Imagine you are at work and you have 84 associates. How many of those associates remain for 4-5 years? People are always coming and going from jobs. I'm probably a bit of an odd-ball, having stints of 10 years (3 up north, and 7 in St Pete) for one company, 9 years on one program/job/company, and then shorter 2 year and now nearly one year at my new job. I've been at my new job for less than a year and already a half-dozen people have left or switched jobs. It's just a part of life.
Yes some people like constant change. I don’t. 8 years is a good benchmark for me.

B Moore to FSU. Smoke in the program, need to put out the fire.
I start worrying when I see starters leave the program

He started 1 game in the last 2 seasons. Hope he's recovered because he was electric when healthy. Is he healthy? I guess we'll find out. Nebraska's best WR entered the transfer portal.

Reactions: Knight Strength
I'll believe it when I see them start. I have a hard time believing a Qb who hasn't played a snap in 3 years and a CB who hasn't in 2 years are going to be quality starters at FSU, but I'm open to being convinced...

I wonder if they are just trying to get in with bigger name schools to better transition to coaching.

I'll believe it when I see them start. I have a hard time believing a Qb who hasn't played a snap in 3 years and a CB who hasn't in 2 years are going to be quality starters at FSU, but I'm open to being convinced...

I wonder if they are just trying to get in with bigger name schools to better transition to coaching.

while it makes sense to see these 2 transfers as a potential reflection of disarray in our program...

doesn’t this also reflect on the state of FSU football? 2 players who haven’t started in 5 years (combined) and a blue blood program uses 2 scholarships in them? you would think they had dozens of blue chippers in line for thosespots

Reactions: Wings0fred
So now when fan favorites transfer they are considered to be has beens and likely not to be contributors. I guess good thing UCF is losing dead weight.

Reactions: mattropolis
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT