ADVERTISEMENT

Croke Park Classic - Pub Explorer Tour

ChrisKnight06

Todd's Tiki Bar
Gold Member
Nov 30, 2005
Brahman- please hyperlink the url's below. Thank you sir!
------------

The last couple weeks I've really been thinking it would be awesome if a group of UCF fans were able to do a group tour the week leading up to the game. I know a lot of people wanted to go but were a bit let down by the packages released by UCF through Anthony Travel and have since been trying to figure out another solution.

I did a bit of research and came across CIE Tours ( http://www.cietours.com/us/ ) as being considered one of the best tour operators in Ireland. I reached out to them about group tours and they put me in touch with Carol, a travel agent out of Georgia ( http://www.recess4grownups.com/default.asp ). Her husband went to Navy and she worked with a TON of ND and Navy fans last year for their game in Dublin.

Anyways, she has group space available on a 9 day/8 night Croke Park Classic - Pub Explorer Tour that she put together. CIE is the tour operator and dates would be Aug 23-31st. Value wise I think this is a much better deal compared to the UCF Anthony Travel package. The closest Anthony tour to those dates which allows people to get home by Labor Day is $2249 and is 2 less nights and includes fewer meals ( http://ucf.crokeparkclassic.com/travel-packages/kerry-dublin/ ). Their 7 night tour is even more expensive and spills in to the next week.

The only thing is that this CIE tour DOES NOT include a game ticket. She did tell me however that she does have a contact inside of GAA and only Anthony can sell tickets until December at which point she'll be able to help arrange tickets for people. Honestly though game tickets are the least of my worries. Hotel space in Dublin city centre is the big issue right now the week of the game.

Guys, Carol is super nice and is really excited about the opportunity to work with a UCF group. And honestly, after most of what I read, there really isn't a better tour operator or price. The cost of this tour is $1846 but they are running a promotion for those who sign up before Sept 12th ($300 deposit) for 5% off. So the total we're looking at would be like $1750. Check www.ucf-pennstate-ireland.com to see the itinerary and what all is included.

I totally get those who would rather explore on their own and normally I would be right there with you. For whatever reason I just have a different attitude going in to this trip and want to have as much fun as possible without the headaches. If that sounds like something you'd be interested in then jump on board.... the more the merrier!

Having a large UCF group would just be awesome and make the trip that much better. She said she'd give us an exclusive window of time to try and fill as many spaces as we could first before opening it up to others. I wanted to put it on the boards first before I have UCF Nation put it out there.

I know it's tough to be thinking a year ahead but believe me, for something like this it's necessary. I also like this for a couple other reasons. Since this is a land only package people are free to extend their stay on either end and work with Carol (or whoever you want) to get extra nights. Also, I know some people really wanted to do Scotland so she can work with you to set up your own Scotish tour. Another benefit is that it's a Saturday to Saturday tour and includes the night of the game.

When you go to website below be sure to enter the code UCF1963 in the "group traveling together" field so she can keep track of everyone! Feel free to reach out to Carol with any questions, she's been amazing so far!

www.ucf-pennstate-ireland.com
Group: UCF1963

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News