ADVERTISEMENT

Cure Bowl Thread

But in reality congrats to Arkansas Star and their fans they came prepared and have a good team. I wish them the best of luck.
I wasn't able to make the trip thanks to a work obligation but have heard from many who went who thought it was a first class operation. Last year the New Orleans Bowl seemed to have the stance that "you are in New Orleans, what the hell else do you want?"
Lot of praise for the whole operation.

I didn't expect AState's offense to have much success and really figured our defense would keep us around but we'd eventually get burned in the secondary and lose.

Without the turnovers and special teams we might be in the 9th or 10th overtime now just hoping to bring this thing to an end.

Reactions: RedWolf_Infantry
U guys are a riot, this is the first year after a 0-12 knightmare. We ran out of horses before the season ended. We have played badly for the last 3 plus games. We have what may be the worse OL in division one. A frosh QB who needs some serious teaching of footwork over the off season, and a O that needs more speed to play the way it is designed to play.

Other than playing in Orlando, I never understood why we were favored. Ark state was playing good ball late in the year, We were not.

U guys are a riot, this is the first year after a 0-12 knightmare. We ran out of horses before the season ended. We have played badly for the last 3 plus games. We have what may be the worse OL in division one. A frosh QB who needs some serious teaching of footwork over the off season, and a O that needs more speed to play the way it is designed to play.

Other than playing in Orlando, I never understood why we were favored. Ark state was playing good ball late in the year, We were not.
I hope the Dungeon and some of the 'inner circle' learn from what happened to USF before they start trashing our HC in Year 1.

Reactions: UCFan07
It's one thing to bet beat by a SunBelt team in your hometown...but what makes it so much worse is that the effort, focus or sense of urgency, wasn't there....and that is entirely on this coaching staff. Perhaps Frost has been too lax on these guys?

Ugh, just got hammered by a couple co-workers (non-UCF fans). These coaches and players should know that it just isn't them that suffer a loss like this. Us die-hard fans have to hear it the next day as well. Ugh...

One thing for certain though...WE WON THE AFTER PARTY....DT Orlando was rockin' afterwards and UCF owned every club. Win or Lose We Still Booze... LOL...this thread is interesting read as I was at the game and many of the same thoughts were going thru my head. Ugh...

Here is to the healing process of a loss and looking forward to a better 2017!

Reactions: Poolside Knight
Fair enough, impressions from our team, media, and everyone I heard from is that UCF players and coaches had a bad attitude all week. Maybe they all got it wrong.

Also I know we split our squad between both events, but I can't imagine our staff made up the fact that the scout team showed up not the starters. /shrug

#22 had to forced to shake hands and then he only shook 2 of the 4 captains hands, never looked at them in the face. I'm not trolling or trying to be jerk it just seemed strange. Then you hear the post game interviews with just about everyone from A State that was there and its the same story over and over.

Fair enough, impressions from our team, media, and everyone I heard from is that UCF players and coaches had a bad attitude all week. Maybe they all got it wrong.

Also I know we split our squad between both events, but I can't imagine our staff made up the fact that the scout team showed up not the starters. /shrug

#22 had to forced to shake hands and then he only shook 2 of the 4 captains hands, never looked at them in the face. I'm not trolling or trying to be jerk it just seemed strange. Then you hear the post game interviews with just about everyone from A State that was there and its the same story over and over.
I see your side of the story and I'm not defending the hand shake but I think part of whatever decisions earlier in the week was bc all the players/coaches live where the Bowl is more than some massive air of superiority over the opponent but that's just my opinion on things. The half business as usual looks like it backfired, just a weird season for this UCF team which for the most part looked better playing on the road than Orlando.

O-line looks horrible already, just like all season.

pathetic...

Embarassing. 3 players could have blocked that. Thanks O-line

My God Milton sucks

Receivers are giving their all just to catch a ball let alone getting some YAC

If that ECU received who had like 120 receptions played for this offense, he would have like 30 receptors

For all those worried about frost leaving... not going to happen

FAU and FIU will pass us soon

This will buy us 2 years at least

We suck ballz...and our coaching does too.

PUT IN HOLMAN. WHAT DO WE HAVE TO LOSE!

Receivers have no chance for YAC bc of Milton's inaccurate

What the Frost is going on here?

Is there a single player on this team who can block?

Why not put in Holman? This is embarrassing. You don't have to worry about Milton''s role as starter for rest of year because this is it, and Holman won't be back next year.

For Frost sake! Put in Holman! What the hell do we have to lose? Two interceptions that we were lucky to have wiped out

Milton is the worst starting college QB and it isn't even close.

LOL who heard the Holman chants from the stands?

If frost stays with Milton next year I'll never root for UCF again

Anyone but Milton. Otherwise it's an embarassing loss. It's over

I can't see Milton not transferring after this. Unreal how bad he has been and fans letting him have it.

OK...I've seen enough of this kid trying to complete a pass. What the hell ?!?!?!?. How bad does he have to suck for Frost to put someone else in? So tired of hearing Frost talk about how Milton "kills it' in practice. He obviously does not have what it takes come game day!!! What the hell...this is embarrassing !!!

Good thing their offense sucks or it would be 35 nothing. I was a Milton apologist but he isn't good. If I was a 4 star QB I'd make a beeline to UCF and start day 1.

I've defended Milton but if he looks this bad after bowl prep Frost may need to looks for a grad transfer somewhere along w the recruited QBs

The 2 yard outs to the RB on 1st and 25 and 2nd and 23 aren't working.

Stop arguing calls Frosty and get an offense and your team ready to play

Milton is super slow as well.

4 rushing yards. Not a single run from a running back for more than -2 yards.

Thank God Holman came in to save day

Oh well. Be careful what you wish for

Nice job o-line. RT got blown up.

I wasn't a huge George O'Leary supporter but I could stomach him. after this year I can't stomach frost. I can't see supporting him unless there's a major turn around next year

Holman isn't good but at least he can heave it downfield. Tired of watching Miltons floaters.

Footwork!?!? You think that's the kids problem? How about being 5'11" and throwing side arm...which basically makes his release point that of a 5'3" Pop Warner kid throwing overhand.

5'11 your nice I'd say 5'5..,;

Pat white was 5'10 and MM is no pat white

I hope Frost works out as well...but I don't see any hope right now. His blind devotion to a QB that does not belong in D-1 football perplexes me. Tired of reading in the paper and online how Milton is 'Killing it" in practice. The kid obviously does not have what it takes on GameDay at this level...regardless of his Hawaiian High School Stats.

I personally think it's going to be a long couple years minimum until Frost either recruits and trains a decent D-1 caliber QB or Frost's name recognition/resume gets him an offer at a better school. And if I were Frost I'd jump now, lest the UCF doldrums catch up to him....even if it is for an OC job at any school other than UCF.

Who wants an OC that can't move the ball vs AAC schools or Sunbelt schools.

Frost may be saying that publicly bc that's what he's supposed to say to try to increase the player's confidence but I think he's keeping an open mind behind the scenes.

When Jarrett Stidham (former Baylor QB, #1 Ranked Juco QB This Fall) picked Auburn earlier this week I noticed that our coaches were following him on Twitter so I don't think they'll say no to a grad transfer or juco to add to the QB room if they want to come to UCF.

Do you think guys like Jarret Stidham are reading Frost's public affirmations of Milton and thinking there's no reason to come here because Frost is at least publicly saying he is going to stick with Milton come hell or high water? Especially since he has stuck with Milton as he has struggled to show even an iota of D-1 talent on Saturdays?

you are really naive if you think guys with the arm talent of Stidham or Kyle Allen would even care or be threatened by Milton & you have no idea what Frost is saying privately to every QB he reaches out to

I think that most people on this board and myself (not being experts), know enough about football, QB play and talent, that irregardless of the offensive line, Millton is not going to be a good QB in the future.

Name a QB who was this bad as a freshman who ultimately became a stud?

He's grossly inaccurate throwing the most simple passes, with time to throw or not.

If Frost sees something that all of us aren't, then I simply have to say that Frost is wrong. Won't be the first time that a coach has misjudged talent and it won't be the last.
Only a few outliers? How quickly we forget. Btw, I quoted myself. I’ve learned my lesson. Some people repeating the same mistakes. Funny people talked about Stidham should come here. Milton beat him head to head.

Reactions: Colonel Mortimer
congrats on finding 2 lightly critical comments out of the 100s where I defended Milton as a Freshman, man you are weird

speaking of Kyle Allen, I clearly wanted to beef up the depth chart:sunglasses:
EGOOZQGVUAA2ZCU.jpg

:sunglasses:

Reactions: Ucfmikes and JAFFX2
congrats on finding 2 lightly critical comments out of the 100s where I defended Milton as a Freshman, man you are weird

speaking of Kyle Allen, I clearly wanted to beef up the depth chart:sunglasses:
EGOOZQGVUAA2ZCU.jpg

:sunglasses:
You are the biggest snowflake I have ever seen. I quote 30 people and you take it so personally. That’s fuggin weird. Always said you never said anything bad and voila, there it is. I wasn’t looking at who posted. Just the words. It’s Groundhog year in here. Circa 2016.

You are the biggest snowflake I have ever seen. I quote 30 people and you take it so personally. That’s fuggin weird. Always said you never said anything bad and voila, there it is. I wasn’t looking at who posted. Just the words. It’s Groundhog year in here. Circa 2016.
I think it is stupid to quote posts from game threads from 3 years ago. I and many others post stupid takes during the course of the ups and downs of a game. You are the person that is getting outraged about questions following a the 2nd loss in 3 weeks.

Your take is wait till the final product or shut up. That is not was a message board is for or this place would be dead. You just want to argue for the sake of arguing

I think it is stupid to quote posts from game threads from 3 years ago. I and many others post stupid takes during the course of the ups and downs of a game. You are the person that is getting outraged that about questions following a the 2nd loss in 3 weeks.

Your take is wait till the final product or shut up. That is not was a message board is for or this place would be dead.
Do you want posts after the games? I can do that too. It’s easier to find a game thread. Just like today you still are going on and on about play calls. In 3 years when you deny ever saying anything about play calls and I remind you, I’m weird. Not the clown that wants to lie and rewrite history.

Oh and in here someone complained about a pass to a RB. Exactly what people are composing didn’t happen Friday.

Do you want posts after the games? I can do that too. It’s easier to find a game thread. Just like today you still are going on and on about play calls. In 3 years when you deny ever saying anything about play calls and I remind you, I’m weird. Not the clown that wants to lie and rewrite history.
if that is the case I would acknowledge adjustments were made and be happy bc that means UCF is successful. I am not stubborn and refuse to admit I was wrong.

The expectations of the 2019 season are very different from the ones going into 2016

I still think bumping 3 year old threads is weird

if that is the case I would acknowledge adjustments were made and be happy bc that means UCF is successful. I am not stubborn and refuse to admit I was wrong.

The expectations of the 2019 season are very different from the ones going into 2016
And yet the same things are said. QB will never be good. Coach play calls suck. Why aren’t we winning more games. You’d think it would be less. Not the same. Losing sucks. Blaming refs and coaches after every loss gets old. The players got beat at what they were taught to do. It happens.

And yet the same things are said. QB will never be good. Coach play calls suck. Why aren’t we winning more games. You’d think it would be less. Not the same. Losing sucks. Blaming refs and coaches after every loss gets old. The players got beat at what they were taught to do. It happens.

This is a public forum and as such people are free to have candid discussions and to openly express their opinions. If it is your opinion that it gets old that is your prerogative, but it by your choosing to read, engage, and respond.......this forum is a wonderful thing...wouldn't you agree?

What is the purpose of this?

Milton and the team sucked balls in that game.

Milton and the team improved.

Does this have anything whatsoever to do with DG and Heupel? No

Reactions: ahabmw and JAFFX2
This is a public forum and as such people are free to have candid discussions and to openly express their opinions. If it is your opinion that it gets old that is your prerogative, but it by your choosing to read, engage, and respond.......this forum is a wonderful thing...wouldn't you agree?
I do agree. You said only a few vocal outliers are saying these things. Enough of them that are making players defend coaches though.

Reactions: Nyght Shadow
What is the purpose of this?

Milton and the team sucked balls in that game.

Milton and the team improved.

Does this have anything whatsoever to do with DG and Heupel? No
This game? The whole season people complained. How does it fit Heupel and DG? The same exact things are being said year 1 of a new QB and his coaches play calling. It’s Groundhog Year.

I do agree. You said only a few vocal outliers are saying these things. Enough of them that are making players defend coaches though.

The players that are defending coaches are primarily based on tweets with directed negative comments towards the players and coaches. There is a very big difference between openly discussing subjects like formations, play calling, number of touches, lack of preparation and personnel formations vs sending a player or coach a derogatory tweet

Reactions: Ucfmikes
The players that are defending coaches are primarily based on tweets with directed negative comments towards the players and coaches. There is a very big difference between openly discussing subjects like formations, play calling, number of touches, lack of preparation and personnel formations vs sending a player or coach a derogatory tweet
Agreed and I don’t even have a Twitter account

Not sure if you are reading everything in here or not. Read the Bianchi post on questions to ask Heupel. That isn’t just discussing formations and whatnot. It’s pretty much calling him a shitty OC.

This game? The whole season people complained. How does it fit Heupel and DG? The same exact things are being said year 1 of a new QB and his coaches play calling. It’s Groundhog Year.
Great!

And what was the outcome the next year??

Milton became arguably the most beloved player in UCF football history and loves UCF and Knight nation

Frost became a UCF legend that NGEbraska drooled over

Reactions: ahabmw and JAFFX2
Yes that was the result. Not predicted by anyone in this forum. More people actually believe DG will be great now than after Cure Bowl with KZ.

Not sure if you are reading everything in here or not. Read the Bianchi post on questions to ask Heupel. That isn’t just discussing formations and whatnot. It’s pretty much calling him a shitty OC.

Just went back and read the thread in the spirit of being open minded. I have to be honest with you I saw plenty of very reasonable hardball type questions. I saw a few "just kidding" type questions.....I don't see what you are talking about calling him a shitty OC...........

Maybe you few people who are complaining about play calling are just wrong? Maybe the players are learning on job and making mistakes?
It’s a combination of both

I think the playcalling and use of players isn’t great and I stand by my opinion

I fully expect the players to make mistakes, but the coaching is the variable that can be adjusted

Reactions: ahabmw
Only a few outliers? How quickly we forget. Btw, I quoted myself. I’ve learned my lesson. Some people repeating the same mistakes. Funny people talked about Stidham should come here. Milton beat him head to head.
Wow, seeing the names you quoted, this board the last couple of weeks makes a lot more sense.

I think we can all agree knowlegable fans > million dollar coaches.

Look at all that wisdom.

Wow though, my take had to be the absolute worse in the history of message boards :joy:

However, in my defense, I was drunk and pissed off

Seriously, Milton proved me wrong. Good for him!

Wow, seeing the names you quoted, this board the last couple of weeks makes a lot more sense.
Passionate fans. That’s how I look at it

So, what does bumpy this thread show? What does it mean?

That we were wrong about Milton

Maybe that’s why the criticism is not directed at
DG, but more Heupel

I still think that DG COULD Be a good runner, but we just aren’t seeing it yet. It’s PRESENTLY limiting us

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT