ADVERTISEMENT

Cure Bowl Thread

Before the Pitt game Heupel said they had a package ready for Mack, that he would see some playing time. He Didn't.
I won't argue with the view that Mack should have probably had some redzone time. But Gabriel still drove the field and got us into the redzone. Don't forget that.

Wimbush is healthy isn't he?
Yes, and he throws like crap and usually loses yards with his feet, any time we put him in against any serious defensive teams. So what's your point?

Reactions: BlakNGoldAllDay
I won't argue with the view that Mack should have probably had some redzone time. But Gabriel still drove the field and got us into the redzone. Don't forget that.

Yes, and he throws like crap and usually loses yards with his feet, any time we put him in against any serious defensive teams. So what's your point?
I’m not holding wimbush’s “wildcat” reps against him. One play per game (twice) and they seemed pretty telegraphed as runs. Really hard for him to be successful on those, IMO.

He played one half against FAMU and did ok. He has 3 plays since then, and those were not meaningful plays. I get that you absolutely love and adore DG, but I want to win ball games now, not prepare for next year. That's my point. What's yours?

He also threw three picks and one went for a TD at Cincy. He looked puzzled, frustrated and dejected during that game. Three things you don't want for a true freshman QB. Let's not forget that. Not saying trash the kid, just saying don't look at it through lei colored glasses.

Reactions: Ucfmikes
He also threw three picks and one went for a TD at Cincy. He looked puzzled, frustrated and dejected during that game. Three things you don't want for a true freshman QB. Let's not forget that. Not saying trash the kid, just saying don't look at it through lei colored glasses.
A couple of his picks this year were due to wr falling down and O Line letting rushers right in.

A couple of his picks this year were due to wr falling down and O Line letting rushers right in.

That doesn't refute anything he said. He was confused, frustrated, and dejected. Regardless of what the rest of the team does, he is the leader. Also he is not the first QB to deal with constant pressure.

Reactions: KnightHammer

And you know a change of pace QB that could break contain and make an over aggressive defense pay might have been a nice change of pace. I like DG and want him to be the future of our program but not at the expense of this season or his confidence.

He played one half against FAMU and did ok. He has 3 plays since then, and those were not meaningful plays. I get that you absolutely love and adore DG, but I want to win ball games now, not prepare for next year. That's my point. What's yours?
That Wimbush will suck compared to DG. You guys really think Wimbush will be better? And think Mack is 100%?

I get it, had Mack been healthy, he would have been our starter. But he wasn't. So Heupel is doing the same thing Frost did in 2016 ... don't bring back Holman at sub-100%, and go with the true freshman learning the game and build a new playbook around him.

You guys are literally lying to yourselves about how good Wimbush was, and how healthy Mack is.

That Wimbush will suck compared to DG. You guys really think Wimbush will be better? And think Mack is 100%?

I get it, had Mack been healthy, he would have been our starter. But he wasn't. So Heupel is doing the same thing Frost did in 2016 ... don't bring back Holman at sub-100%, and go with the true freshman learning the game and build a new playbook around him.

You guys are literally lying to yourselves about how good Wimbush was, and how healthy Mack is.
To me, the takeaway is that DG can be very good, not that BW or Mack are bad.

Reactions: lawknight

Or he may give us a chance to win two games decided by 4 points. Now nobody will know, except for you.

I get it, had Mack been healthy, he would have been our starter. But he wasn't. So Heupel is doing the same thing Frost did in 2016 ... don't bring back Holman at sub-100%, and go with the true freshman learning the game and build a new playbook around him

So, trashing this season to develop a freshmen QB, like I said before. Hosing the seniors.

I would love to be proven wrong.

Last edited:
You have no hard evidence how healthy or unhealthy Mack is. He’s been cleared to play and basically ran over UConn like his old self

Sure.., he may not be healthy, but you do not know

Additionally, nobody knows if we beat Pittsburgh or Cincinnati with Mack, but I can bet that USING HIM at Cincinnati would have helped

Im confused why there is such a backlash if Gabriel is painted in a negative light, but the same posters have no issue completely disregarding the other QB options.

Im confused why there is such a backlash if Gabriel is painted in a negative light, but the same posters have no issue completely disregarding the other QB options.
Because USC and Georgia recruited him and the glimpses that they saw and comparisons to the Milton history in 2016 could be an indication that we have a player as good or close to Milton or Tua. The Hawaii connection

He throws a nice deep ball, but I’m a little more critical with such a small sample size and with his latest performances in the 2 losses

Not saying he can’t be great or shouldn’t be the starter

It’s too early to tell, however at some point he’s going to have to run with it effectively

ADVERTISEMENT