ADVERTISEMENT

D-Fence

KnightVision82

Diamond Knight
Jan 26, 2004
Really love the group we have. They play more like a team than last season and many are making some big plays. Even our freshmen middle LB from Jax made a nice play on the TE that caused the QB to fumble before #44 Evans picked it up and ran it back for the TD.

This team is proving that they have some chops. We need a healthy QB #10 going into this back stretch and the defense took the team on its shoulders today. RS and his group are doing a great job with the players.

I like my humble pie with a side of ketchup. I've been very skeptical of Randy Shannon since his hire. The last game and half the defense has played at a much higher level. Although they gave up a ton of yards to ECU, they only gave up 10 points, including stopping them cold in the red zone twice. I was hopeful that the defense would progress as the season went along. It seems like they are lining up and playing now. The first couple of games it looked like they were thinking instead of reacting. As the OP mentioned, the freshman LB just reacted to the play on the goal line and that helped to create the backbreaking play we needed. If he doesn't make that play the game is 23-17 with ECU having just gone 99 yards and gaining all the momentum. Huge play by the young guy!

ADVERTISEMENT