ADVERTISEMENT

Dallas Morning News: Big 12 likes being the 'ballerina of the Power 5'

upallknight

Diamond Knight
Gold Member
Dec 13, 2002
Oviedo
It's slow so here's an article about board favs, the Big 12! Nothing really new, but this quote sounds like they would consider trying to expand/poach:

"I think what we have to do is make our league the best we can be and in doing so cause people to want to come and join us, not the other way around."

Before the expansion express fires up again, Bowlsby shut down any talk of expansion. It hasn't been discussed since the last three-month dive into the process in 2016, Bowlsby said.

Ahead of TV talks in the next decade, Big 12 likes where it stands as 'ballerina' of power five
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I like our model better than any other one I see out there," Bowlsby said.

West Virginia President Gordon Gee, the outgoing chairman of the Big 12's board of directors, sees being the smallest of the power conferences as a good thing.

"Our model has agility," Gee said. "And I think that right now, I'd much rather be a ballerina than an elephant. I think that's where we are right now.

"I think we are the ballerina of the five top conferences. And I think that is a real strength for us."

https://sportsday.dallasnews.com/co...-likes-standas-ballerina-five-top-conferences

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News