ADVERTISEMENT

Danny White: Season Tix Renewals for 2020 ahead of last year's which sold out!

Knight_Light

GOL's Inner Circle
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Better to get on the waiting list NOW!

Perfect timing marketing message....I miss DW being in the news (seemed REALLY quiet over the past 3 months) but glad he is out "selling" UCF to the public once again. (I think any stadium expansion would be years away as his focus has been increasing premium seating areas that bring in a lot more $$ than just plain bleacher seats or even more student seating).

UCF AD Danny White working on football stadium expansion amid strong ticket demand
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...errXxYvCUSxh_JGd6LelRIDadbH26btMjT9GBoxgKPIco

Better to get on the waiting list NOW!

Perfect timing marketing message....I miss DW being in the news (seemed REALLY quiet over the past 3 months) but glad he is out "selling" UCF to the public once again. (I think any stadium expansion would be years away as his focus has been increasing premium seating areas that bring in a lot more $$ than just plain bleacher seats or even more student seating).

UCF AD Danny White working on football stadium expansion amid strong ticket demand
https://www.orlandosentinel.com/spo...errXxYvCUSxh_JGd6LelRIDadbH26btMjT9GBoxgKPIco
Ran out of free OS articles. Can I use your login?

Reactions: Ucfmikes
don't agree w stadium expansion with the trend of fanbases, there was a good SI article about this topic recently

45K is the sweet spot
Just keep upgrading the quality of the seats, concessions, etc.
Complete a ring of Suites to add shade?

Even at Jerry world it's better to watch at home on TV than sit in the upper and even the middle decks. JW sits 100K is 40k are enjoying and 60K are just there to say they went.

At a minimum we need to have enough seating for all students who want to come to the games. Every student turned away is a potential future fan/season ticket holder lost.

It only takes one great game to turn a uninterested / casual fan into a die hard.

At a minimum we need to have enough seating for all students who want to come to the games. Every student turned away is a potential future fan/season ticket holder lost.

It only takes one great game to turn a uninterested / casual fan into a die hard.
Totally agree with the premise of what you are saying. The flip side though is that when our stadium isn't full, it is usually the student section that is showing the most empty seats. I definitely saw some empty student seats for Houston and USF, I fear if we build too much student seating we might end up with too much empty space sometimes. The students who get "free" tickets paid for by student fees seem to be less loyal in showing up for the thursday night game or the lower tier AAC home game when we already have a couple losses vs. the season ticket holders imo.

Totally agree with the premise of what you are saying. The flip side though is that when our stadium isn't full, it is usually the student section that is showing the most empty seats. I definitely saw some empty student seats for Houston and USF, I fear if we build too much student seating we might end up with too much empty space sometimes. The students who get "free" tickets paid for by student fees seem to be less loyal in showing up for the thursday night game or the lower tier AAC home game when we already have a couple losses vs. the season ticket holders imo.

All true except the part of the Thursday Night (Season Opener) as those games generally are the highest/hardest student tix to get (thousands are turned away). Its usually DURING the regular season that student attendance dips.

Also, even some Sept/Oct Thur night games draw HIGHER student attendance than many Saturday games.

All true except the part of the Thursday Night (Season Opener) as those games generally are the highest/hardest student tix to get (thousands are turned away). Its usually DURING the regular season that student attendance dips.

Also, even some Sept/Oct Thur night games draw HIGHER student attendance than many Saturday games.
Fair, I guess I didn't follow the trends that closely but that makes sense. I just mean to say that students can be fickle so we may want to wait a bit to avoid overbuilding student section.

Also, I think Danny talks about expanding student tickets because they are paid through mandatory student fees so economically to the athletic department every student seat is sold every game. I don't think he is looking out for the kids so much as the money. Expanding primarily on the student side mitigates the demand/overcapacity risks.

Idk, add seats so the cost of mine go down? I dont care what DW does as long as he keeps kicking butt.

Continue expanding the premium areas. No need to expand beyond 45k. Start converting remaining bleacher seats to chair backs and add some shade, particularly needed on the east side.

Sun sets in the West ...a roof over the East Side wouldn't provide much shade at all (see Orlando City's Stadium that HAS a roof on the East Side ..which gets very little shade with sun setting in the West).

Reactions: Square Knight
Both...and every set of stairs. It will look so much better getting rid of that.

East Side top now has their roof top bar and looks cool with people watching the game up there.

The SW and SE Top levels now have sold out Loge Tables with shade panels and that looks cool too.

Every stadium improvement DW has made helps bring in MORE REVENUE.

DW doesn't have a pile of money laying around to improve aesthetics that wouldn't bring in one new dime of revenue.

Last edited:
Reactions: Knight Strength
Sun sets in the West ...a roof over the East Side wouldn't provide much shade at all (see Orlando City's Stadium that HAS a roof on the East Side ..which gets very little shade with sun setting in the West).
While technically true, during football season the sun is south of the stadium and moves from east to west. Which is why there are spots on south end zone side that can get shade while the rest of the stadium is in the sun during early games. I’m sure there are creative solutions.

While technically true, during football season the sun is south of the stadium and moves from east to west. Which is why there are spots on south end zone side that can get shade while the rest of the stadium is in the sun during early games. I’m sure there are creative solutions.
I’m sure drones or blimps could do it. Temporary solution

They need to sell real food at the top of the east side cabana. It’s nice to hangout up there for awhile after halftime. It’s snacks only

Reactions: Square Knight

Build a wall of premium suites to shade the stadium

2018122623185029676.jpg

How about something like this? Then you can print graphics on the under side and replace if damaged.

2018122623185029676.jpg

How about something like this? Then you can print graphics on the under side and replace if damaged.
Saw these a lot in the middle east. Noticed some in stadiums the past couple of years so they must be working. I wonder how the cost to install and maintain them compared to more permanent options. Do they make them retractable like for hurricanes?

East Side top now has their roof top bar and looks cool with people watching the game up there.

The SW and SE Top levels now have sold out Loge Tables with shade panels and that looks cool too.

Every stadium improvement DW has made helps bring in MORE REVENUE.

DW doesn't have a pile of money laying around to improve aesthetics that wouldn't bring in one new dime of revenue.

The aesthetics are part of the image you want to display for your program. Talking about an update that might be $250k-350k at most. Not everything is an exact 1-1 revenue - opportunity. The stadium quality can impact revenue and it is impossible to put an exact figure on it. Also a stadium that looks good helps recruiting too.

they need to start putting money into reinforcing it so that it can last past its expiration date. and improve the aesthetics.

Reactions: ahabmw
either that or consider just building a brand new stadium if that golden ticket conference invite ever happens
that too, but if they are considering razing the stadium and starting over then they shouldn't invest too much in the current stadium. it would be like renovating your house just to level it and start over.

Saw these a lot in the middle east. Noticed some in stadiums the past couple of years so they must be working. I wonder how the cost to install and maintain them compared to more permanent options. Do they make them retractable like for hurricanes?

Probably would have to have a strap release system for that so they could take them off in the off season. Probably can get creative with graphics or adding flags or something Knight themed.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT