ADVERTISEMENT

Darin Green Jr Returning

Good decision. He shouldn’t have written that good bye tweet. We need him. He needs us. If he can for for 18 per game he could come out next year.

Reactions: shacket
Remember, Collin Smith declared for the draft as well. Like I said last week in a different thread, it was assumed that both Green Jr. and Smith were just entering to get evaluated and go through the process (but both would be back in ‘20-‘21).

The only difference is, Green Jr. is still only one-year removed from HS (playing a limited role on a non-P5 team). On the other hand, Smith is already 22 years-old. He won’t get drafted, but you really couldn’t blame the kid if he wanted to go overseas and get paid to play basketball (rather than come back for a fifth year of college).

If he chooses to not return to UCF, Dawkins will have a pretty big hole to fill at the center position. They would probably be forced to play small next year (which might not be a bad thing at all), especially if Weaver (from USC) is added to the fold.

Did Smith say Goodbye or just declare?
He announced he was declaring, never said goodbye.

What some people don't realize, not saying you are one of those people, is that for undergraduates to get feedback from the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee on their draft projection and what they need to work on to improve their future draft projection undergraduates must declare for the NBA Draft.

Many people think 'Why is that kid entering the NBA Draft? He has no chance of being drafted. It's a waste of time. He'll be back."

Most of the kids know they wouldn't be drafted but they want to get feedback from NBA executives and, under normal circumstances, be able to workout for teams.

He announced he was declaring, never said goodbye.

What some people don't realize, not saying you are one of those people, is that for undergraduates to get feedback from the NBA Undergraduate Advisory Committee on their draft projection and what they need to work on to improve their future draft projection undergraduates must declare for the NBA Draft.

Many people think 'Why is that kid entering the NBA Draft? He has no chance of being drafted. It's a waste of time. He'll be back."

Most of the kids know they wouldn't be drafted but they want to get feedback from NBA executives and, under normal circumstances, be able to workout for teams.
This makes sense but Green's post definitely read like a goodbye post, that may be why people thought it was weirder than usual.

Yes that was my only concern. He worded it like he knew he’d get drafted.
He did? I must have read a different social media post than you did.

He made it clear that he was maintaining his college eligibility. You don't do that if you know you are going to be drafted.

It's not like he posted "Although my time at UCF was short I will always be a Knight. #ChargeOn

Reactions: hemightbejeremy
He did? I must have read a different social media post than you did.

He made it clear that he was maintaining his college eligibility. You don't do that if you know you are going to be drafted.

It's not like he posted "Although my time at UCF was short I will always be a Knight. #ChargeOn

It literally was a different post. It was like a longer letter, I looked for it just now but it looks like it may have been deleted.

ADVERTISEMENT