ADVERTISEMENT

Darwin Award goes to.....

f
This guy may be hard to beat..
Sad story, but
http://www.cnn.com/2015/09/02/us/man-selfie-shooting/
NRA First Steps ... (paraphrased/concise)

Unload the magazine ... ensure the weapon has no magazine inserted
Unload the chamber ... ensure the weapon has no cartridge in the chamber

Even if we put aside the "value" of having a selfie with a firearm, there's just little reason not to have a weapon unloaded when one does. Even if he wants to have the magazine in it, there's no reason there couldn't be an empty one inserted ... after verify the magazine was removed, the chamber empty, and the magazine empty.

Very sad story ... I hope it drives people to learn how to respect firearms. In general, one shouldn't be pointing a firearm anywhere towards anyone, even if one feels the need to take a selfie with one. Hopefully this will prevent another, unnecessary, sad death ... but if I know the media, they'll spin it.

I'm a stupid hippy liberal that won't own a gun, but even my dad taught me the basics of how to use and be safe with a firearm. If we have to be a guns-for-everyone culture, gun safety should become part of responsible parenting.

I'm a stupid hippy liberal that won't own a gun, but even my dad taught me the basics of how to use and be safe with a firearm. If we have to be a guns-for-everyone culture, gun safety should become part of responsible parenting.

Gun safety is knowing how to safely clear a misfire at a range without endangering anyone around you.

Not pointing a loaded gun at your head for a "selfie" is common f*cking sense. It really can't be taught. You're either an imbecile or you're not.

Give it a rest guy. If you grow up watching TV with no real guidence, you won't necessairly be able to gauge the real risks of having a gun around. Hence, those things should be talked about with kids.

Reactions: fabknight
Give it a rest guy. If you grow up watching TV with no real guidence, you won't necessairly be able to gauge the real risks of having a gun around. Hence, those things should be talked about with kids.

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

"The real risks of having a gun around"?

Are you suggesting there are people who can't even comprehend that a loaded gun will discharge a bullet if you pull the trigger?

Do these people also not know that a knife is sharp?

Yah! After getting a bunch of tattoos, the first thing I learned about guns is to keep my finger on the trigger and then waggle the gun around all hoodlike. Gangster for life, bro!

Yah! After getting a bunch of tattoos, the first thing I learned about guns is to keep my finger on the trigger and then waggle the gun around all hoodlike. Gangster for life, bro!
If you're gangster then my boat is bigger than Sir G's.

Reactions: fabknight
0c6e7062c7a515aef9ff45ad3984fd44ba91188da69c12b48c8b4e3adac7ab13.jpg

I'mma be this guy:

Come on fellas, this guy has a family that's hurting. It a tragic stupid mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT